Profile for Don Fordillo > Reviews

Content by Don Fordillo

Don Fordillo "Don" (New Hants, USA)

Last of the Summer Wine - Series 27-28 [DVD] [2006]
Last of the Summer Wine - Series 27-28 [DVD] [2006]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Browned-off Yank, 28 Dec. 2013
An observation: if anything were going to be released, to do it right after Christmas on 31 Dec. would be the stupidest marketing move since liver-flavored Yorkie bars. Also, they're not going to keep the info from a distributor as big as Amazon. I reckon that the publishing date will be out at least a month in advance, or they're even stupider than I thought.
You guys over there are lucky at least you can tape the re-runs. LOSW hasn't been on TV here since the 70's. (Which is when my wife and I first saw them.)
Like many of you, I'm old enough to join the cast and I hope that I won't snuff it before the final 8 series are released. If not, and I have to come back and haunt the people responsible, I'll do it as Crusher.

The Huggetts Collection - Holiday Camp/Here Come The Huggetts/Vote For Huggett/The Huggetts Abroad [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Warner

4.0 out of 5 stars Up the Huggetts, 1 Oct. 2010
Having seen these individually throughout the years, it was nice to be able to see them all at one time. I had not realised that "Holiday Camp" was one of the series. Younger viewers might not like them, but it was refreshing to see good, clean fun - no sex, no gore, no graphic violence - (as the British were famous for before they began aping the Americans).
I'd advise younger viewers to accept the films as they are and not judge then by modern standards.

Asterix And The Vikings [DVD]
Asterix And The Vikings [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stefan Fjeldmark
Offered by hunting_for_a_bargain

2.0 out of 5 stars Yuppie-rix, 1 Oct. 2010
Having seen (and read) many Asterix stories, I was very disappointed in the Yuppi-izing of this one. It's one thing to mock contemporary institutions (as in "Obelix et Cie."- one of the funniest; or to mock British speech characteristics(as in Asterix chez les Normandes) but this one fell flat. I wish I could get it in the French to see who was responsible.