Profile for Mrs. A. K. Childs > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. K. Childs

Mrs. A. K. Childs (Kent ( UK ))

Page: 1 | 2
State of Honour
State of Honour

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont rest til you finish this, 28 May 2014
This review is from: State of Honour (Kindle Edition)
This has got to be one of the most gripping books I've read for a long time. It takes you along at a great pace and wont let you rest until you finish the last chapter. Cant wait for the next book.

Sewing Manual: The complete step-by-step guide to sewing skills
Sewing Manual: The complete step-by-step guide to sewing skills
by Laura Strutt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 2 April 2014
I am not a dedicated stitcher but this book was easy to read and understand, full of tips and tricks for both newbies and experienced alike.
If you know the Haynes car manuals then you'll know what you are buying with this too.

10 Steps to Declutter Your Wardrobe: Organize Your Closet in a Snap!
10 Steps to Declutter Your Wardrobe: Organize Your Closet in a Snap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but good, 27 Mar 2014
I read this in one sitting but ....and it's a big but....I came out of it with one great tip which will be with me forever. So simple but so clever it makes me wonder why I never thought if it myself.

NIGHTSCREAM (The Thomas Family Series)
NIGHTSCREAM (The Thomas Family Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to buy this now !, 27 Mar 2014
Snuggle down with a drink, turn off the phone, disconnect the doorbell and tell the family it's takeaway for dinner. Seriously, you won't want to move or be disturbed once you start reading this. Once again Morgan has given me an excuse for a bit of 'Me' time without the guilt.
Like everyone else, I have favourite authors whose books I will buy without hesitation as soon as they are released because I just need to read them and once you read some of Morgan's books you will be doing the same .

Advent and Christmas Crafts on a Shoestring Budget
Advent and Christmas Crafts on a Shoestring Budget

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for kids, 14 Dec 2013
This is perfect for ages 5 -7 or so. Great to do with youngsters on rainy, winter days in the lead up to Christmas.
Well worth the few pennies for the entertainment with the children

SPIRITS AMONG US (The Spirits Trilogy)
SPIRITS AMONG US (The Spirits Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant......again!, 28 Nov 2013
How can I begin to describe Morgan Hannah MacDonald ? Bloomin' brilliant is how. From the very first page she grabs your attention by the scruff of the neck and wont let go until you finish the book and want more.
If you want a seriously good read from a writer who will surely be in the top 10 soon then buy this book. Lets face it, for the price where else can you get such a good few hours of escapism.
Thank you Miss McD but when is the next one out ?

Backgammon Pro 5
Backgammon Pro 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro ? Maybe not, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Backgammon Pro 5 (App)
I don't do things by halves so I went straight to expert level and beat it first time. Still a good game though. Having said that, I was the 1983 British Backgammon Champion
Would I recommend? Yes

SPIRITS IN THE TREES (THE SPIRITS TRILOGY)
SPIRITS IN THE TREES (THE SPIRITS TRILOGY)

5.0 out of 5 stars Morgan does it again, 8 July 2012
Remember Janice in Friends ? OH....MY....GAWD! Well that is what I found myself saying out loud in much the same vein of disbelief that yet again I didnt see it coming.
I have to say though that I very nearly gave up in the first few pages as I wanted a roller coaster ride of a thriller and it looked just like a namby pamby romance, you know the sort - girl meets very ruggedly handsome boy and they fall in love etc yawn etc but, my goodness, did I get a shock when I found I had read over 65% in one sitting and really didnt want to stop. The pace is astounding and I just loved it. Suddenly it grabs you by the throat ( literally ) and just wont let go. I can heartily recommend this book and Morgan, if you're reading this then you're wasting time that could be used writing the next one so............

SANDMAN (The Thomas Family Series)
SANDMAN (The Thomas Family Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Every box ticked, 14 Feb 2012
I read this fabulous book in two days - it would have been quicker but for the family who insisted on eating therefore interrupting my reading. The story is fast paced, easy to read and with a great twist at the end. Just when I thought I'd managed to work out who the Sandman was so this brilliant writer threw me a curve ball in the last few pages. Highly recommended and I cant wait for the next book. Absolutely ticked every box for a fast paced thriller

THE FACEBOOK KILLER: Part 1. Social networking - Hannibal Lecter-style. (The Facebook Serial Killer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but........, 16 Sep 2011
Although I bought both of these books, and have to say that I love the story and the twists, the whole thing needed a bit more care with proof reading before publishing. There are so many 'aswell', 'naiave' and 'through'rather than threw(as in She through the bag into the bathroom) typos that it can be a little irritating. That said I would still struggle through for the storyline.
I have since changed my rating to 3 down from 4.5 as there are so many more spelling/grammar mistakes in Facebook Killer 2
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2011 1:17 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2