Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (London UK)

2 Pcs EU to Flat 2 Pin US Plug AC Travel Adapter Converters Black
2 Pcs EU to Flat 2 Pin US Plug AC Travel Adapter Converters Black
Offered by TOTAL RECALL UK 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and handy, 27 Mar. 2014
Although we live in UK we tend to take the european leads that often come with devices for travel. They then pop into these little adapters, saving weight and space when you are hiking. Not the best grip and can fall out but ok if you are careful.

Windows into the Earth: The Geologic Story of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book but the Kindle version is inadequate., 27 Mar. 2014
Even though it was expensive I purchased the Kindle version because the book would have been too heavy to take on our trip to Yellowstone and In this type of book you need to look at the diagrams and illustrations while reading the text and ideally toggle between the two. This was very cumbersome and there were no hyperlinks to help. Worse still was the index which gave page numbers for the book but the Kindle version does not show or have links to the page in question. I gave up in frustration. Now that I am back home I have ordered the paper copy. When the Kindle version is so poor it should be sold with the book as a bundle, particularly where it is a reference text.

Lonely Planet Barcelona City Guide)
Lonely Planet Barcelona City Guide)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Kindle version is unusable, 29 Aug. 2011
Thought it would be smart to have the guide on the Kindle - a mistake! Very difficult to navigate around the book and the maps are effectively useless.

Tomato (Bush & Trailing) Patio Planter
Tomato (Bush & Trailing) Patio Planter
Offered by Garden Gear

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as pretty as marketing picture suggests, 16 Jun. 2011
These arrived promptly after my order and they look tough and fit for purpose. They will need a lot of compost to fill them, but that's ok. They are made of a similar material to other planters from Haxnicks - like a fabric-reinforced plastic bag. They are glossy and not made of the stylish matt fabric that the photograph on Amazon and the packaging seems to show. I still think they are fair value for money.

AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black
AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Works really well after a little needlework!, 5 Feb. 2011
I was disappointed when I first received this case, even though it came free with my Lumix Lx5, as it seemed too big. I then purchased the Lowepro Apex 60 AW case which is good for hiking in the rain but bulky and not great at a wedding. I also purchased the BV-Electronics case for smarter occasions but I disliked the imitation leather and found the case a bit tight: removing the camera took a little longer and the case could change the aspect ratio setting on the lens. I am trying to return it. Then I looked again at the Amazon case and (although I can only sew on buttons) I decided to sew the corners to reduce the opening and thus allow the flap to cover it properly. Now the case suits me fine. It offers good protection and looks quite smart. I also got a JJC ALC-5 auto lens cap (demonstrated on YouTube) which is great so I now can remove the camera, point and shoot quickly while still concentrating on my subject.

Black Hard PU Leather Case for PANASONIC LUMIX LX3, LEICA D-LUX,Canon Powershot SX210,S90 S95 Digital Camera as DMW-CLX3.
Offered by BV-electronics

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not for me., 15 Jan. 2011
I purchased this because, although I am happy with the Lowepro Apex 60 AW bag which I purchased for hiking because it is padded, roomy and weatherproof, the Lowepro is a bit bulky and not what you would take on an evening out.

I wanted something compact and smarter, to go on my belt. This B&V case would certainly do the job of protecting the camera but I am returning it because I just didn't like the material. It felt like cardboard covered with imitation leather, clumsier and lacking the appeal of leather. Also as mentioned already, the aspect button on the LX5 lens can get caught and I didn't think that the case would adapt in shape the way leather does.

I also have the Amazon Basics case which came as a free offer when I bought the camera, and although the B&V case will fit inside it and the Amazon case is not weatherproof, it is sufficiently smart for everyday use unless I decide to splash out on the manufacturer's own case.

The Penguin Book of Irish Poetry (Penguin Classics)
The Penguin Book of Irish Poetry (Penguin Classics)
by Patrick Crotty

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Collection of Irish Verse!, 28 Dec. 2010
The literary reviewers say it all. It's beautifully produced, but heavy! I'm ordering copies for my siblings as I know they and their offspring will dip into it for years to come.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 10:58 AM BST

Sarsfield and the Jacobites
Sarsfield and the Jacobites
by Kevin Haddick Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars All those dates brought to life - you can sense Sarsfield's energy, 18 Oct. 2010
I didn't enjoy Irish history in school in Ireland. It just seemed a dreary list of dates and defeats. I received this book as gift and admit I'm a poor reader. Recently I picked it up and found that I couldn't put it down, even though I thought I knew the ending(!). I found it a fascinating and enjoyable read - so much I didn't know! all those battles that were so boring at school were brought to life and you really got the sense that Sarsfield was bursting with energy, not an academic but clever, brave and a great person to lead in a struggle. I was also really struck by the international dimension of the campaign and how Ireland was part of a wider conflict. Thanks for an excellent read!

Solio Universal Solar Charger - Black
Solio Universal Solar Charger - Black
Offered by Planet Gizmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product , Excellent Support, 17 May 2007
It's very annoying when your PDA or phone goes flat while waiting in the airport. This well-made device has been far more useful than I had hoped for. That the amount of charge is easily checked and seems to last for months is very reassuring. You can get cheaper alternative backup chargers, even solar ones, but nothing matches the simple beauty of this one. I'm off for a few days hill-walking soon and its good to know that I won't get caught out there either.

I had a problem with one mobile phone which wouldn't charge but Better Energy Systems sorted it out for me. I was amazed at the quality of support I received and they got the phone manufacturer to repair it under warranty.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Great once the leaky lid seal was replaced, 3 Oct. 2006
We loved the quick boiling but the lid seal allowed cold water out of the reservoir when pouring. However the helpline was excellent and we received a new seal within days which was simple to fit. Since then we have had no problem and are pleased with the product.