ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

The Big Bang Theory - Season 6 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 1 Nov 2013
Love this series as much as the others. Have to say that, whilst all characters are stellar, Amy Farah Fowler reigns supreme!

Writing clever. Laughs aplenty. Enjoy!

Lenovo G580 15.6-inch Laptop (Dark Brown) - (Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars If only the touchpad worked well..., 1 Nov 2013
I love this machine. It is a great value breath of speedy, capable fresh air after the 3 years of horror and I had with the Acer Aspire I had before (wifi connection that never worked right, failed LAN connection, appalling slowness for a machine of it's memory and processor speed). The one drawback - and it is a biggie - is the touchpad. It is just sooooo patchy and given to stalling that even with my newly adopted 2 finger style, I often find myself working away having left the pointer behind me. I updated the driver and all the good stuff I found recommended on line but it looks like I will have to live with it. That's why I dropped a star.

On top of which, there is the test of patience that is Windows 8. I am learning to live with that too.

Overall, a great machine for anyone who attaches a mouse.

Be Our Guest (10th Anniversary Updated Edition) (Disney Institute Book)
Be Our Guest (10th Anniversary Updated Edition) (Disney Institute Book)
by Ted Kinni
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goodie, 6 May 2013
I have always liked this. The simplicity of approach appeals and I know from experience that it works.

Of course, in UK terms, how service and servility are confused can get in the way of stellar service if leaders fail to take it into account.

Fr. Marcial Maciel, Pedophile, Psychopath, and Legion of Christ Founder, From R.J. Neuhaus to Benedict XVI, 2nd Ed.: Richard J. Neuhaus Duped by the Legion of Christ revised and augmented
by J.Paul Lennon
Price: 5.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 6 May 2013
I found this a powerful and provocative read and would recommend it to those who seek to understand how common sense and intellectual inquiry can be vanquished by vanity.

An Unquiet Spirit: The Memoirs and Diaries of the Artist Hilary Gialerakis
An Unquiet Spirit: The Memoirs and Diaries of the Artist Hilary Gialerakis
by Hilary Gialerakis
Price: 14.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story, 11 Oct 2012
I was at the launch of this book so I have had a preview copy. I found it an amazing story. I was gripped.

The book is in 2 parts. Part one, the memoir, goes at a real clip. The writing style is unself-conscious, vivid, and light touch, even when the subject matter is sad or shocking - and there are some quite shocking episodes. It brought to mind Noel Coward at times - very British, witty, rather eccentric.

Part two is different. It is a diary kept at the the time in Hilary's life when her second marriage was breaking down. It is a sad and unvarnished record of her experience and observations.

Throughout the book, Hilary's health, and particularly her mental health, is an issue. She is in the care of a variety of doctors - some better than others - and she abuses prescription drugs and alcohol. She regularly finds she has no memory of things as they happened to her as well as sometimes being bewildered by the events she does recall. It is almost as if she struggles to understand what is happening to her and/or why people behave and respond as they do. Shades of autism, perhaps? In fact, the book brought out my inner sleuth. I found myself from early on wondering what exactly was 'wrong' with Hilary. I wanted a diagnosis. No such diagnosis comes other than her own conclusion, towards the end, that she may be just an unquiet spirit, the comment that is borrowed for the title.

The book has an interesting set of illustrations. There are photographs of family and characters we read about in Hilary's life, as well as of some of her paintings and drawings. The illustrations really brought the book and the people in it to life for me.

The work was edited by Hilary's daughter, an only child. It can't have been an easy task, let alone what it was like to have Hilary as a mother.

Overall, it gives a great insight into an obviously talented but troubled soul.

I highly recommend it.

Snow White Turtle Doves
Snow White Turtle Doves
by Juliet Bressan
Price: 6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Ireland does modern love, 19 Jan 2009
This is as good an insight into 21st century Ireland and the nature of modern love as one could hope to read. The contrariness of both life and love in the '51st State' are laid out with insight, wit, passion and an open mind. And peppering the ragout are counterpoint pictures of unsleeping, war torn Iraq and the City That Never Sleeps - touching, tragic and utterly connected through characters and storylines that underscore the writer's talent. Well done!

Buy it, read it and enjoy!