Profile for Arwen Evenstar > Reviews

Content by Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar (Northern Ireland)

The 20-minute Cookbook: 200 Fuss Free Recipes - Quick and Easy Cooking for Every Kind of Occasion, with Over 800 Photographs and Step by Step Instructions to Guarantee Success
by Jenni Fleetwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, healthy, quick recipes, 19 Jun 2011
I bought this cook book as I am not exactly a culinary goddess. 20 Minute cooking- that sounded perfect for me. But this book offers so much more. Not only are the recipes quick and healthy and quite easy to prepare- they also state whether a meal is high or low in cholesterol. When my GP diagnosed me with very high Cholesterol levels these recipes helped me to lower my cholesterol levels considerably as I was able to avoid the ones high in cholesterol. Perfect for people who would like to avoid medication and need to lower their cholesterol levels by changing their diet.

NBA 2K11 (Xbox 360)
NBA 2K11 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game Ever Made, 23 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is an amazing game, the graphics are brilliant. Although it was good fun on 2 player, the computer was hard to beat. But as you become more used to it, it gets easier. The concept of bringing back Michael Jordan was amazing, I had good fun doing 'The Jordan Challenges'. The 'create your own player' was good although after playing as a whole team for a while it was confusing, only being allowed to play as one person. The Air Jordans were very good and that you got a massive selection of jerseys to choose from. Overall this game is a must buy.

G1 Jockey (Wii)
G1 Jockey (Wii)
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, 5 Jan 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: G1 Jockey (Wii) (Video Game)
Bought this game for my husband who is a horse racing fanatic and never misses the Channel 4 Racing. He has not stopped playing yet and I have no idea how to get him off the horse tonight. He really seems to enjoy this game. Had a few problems with mastering the controls and understanding everything but now loves it. The graphics are excellent and I can recommend the game for horse racing fanatics like my husband. He loves being the jockey instead of being the punter for a change and is now breeding horses and training them (on the Wii only. Unfortunately you can't win any money when you are winning a race).
Great game!

The Tea Rose
The Tea Rose
by Jennifer Donnelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Compassionate, 13 Sep 2004
This review is from: The Tea Rose (Paperback)
Jennifer Donnelly is a truly gifted and compassionate writer. Fiona Finnegans Story touched my heart and I even cried with her, when her father died. I couldn't put this book down and I can highly recommend it. A wonderful story and beautifully written.