Profile for r a price > Reviews

A Little Night Music - Original Filmsoundtrack 1978
A Little Night Music - Original Filmsoundtrack 1978
Offered by Dress_Circle_Of_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased to have it., 23 July 2016
I have waited a very long time to obtain this Album and I am not disappointed with the quality or content.

3D Rarities [Blu-ray] [US Import]
3D Rarities [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 5 July 2016
Goods as described. I myself have a visual defect that usually make watching anything in 3D problematic. Although I still buy videos in 3D I can't always see them to their full effect unless an object is directly thrown at the screen. On this video I could see most of them with little trouble. Enjoyed it a great deal even though some of the effects gave me a slight headache. I recommend it for the brilliant restoration of most of the sequences. A couple of the movies who's trailers were shown I have seen in their 2D form being unaware that they were originally filmed in 3D. Glad I bought it.

The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection (BBC Radio Drama Collection)
The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection (BBC Radio Drama Collection)
by M. C. Beaton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 4 July 2016
I love the Agatha Raisin stories and was very pleased to be able to purchase the radio dramatisation of ten of them. My only disappointment is that as far as I can ascertain there were only ten two part stories broadcast with Penelope Keith as Agatha. In my opinion not nearly enough.

Enemy Mine (1985) (Blu-ray)
Enemy Mine (1985) (Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Dennis Quaid

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 4 July 2016
I have been a fan of this movie since I first saw it in the eighties. I first bought it on Laserdisc then upgraded to DVD and now I have upgraded again to Blu-ray. This story is about 2 opposing pilots from different races one human the other lizard like who crash land on a desolate planet. They start off as bitter enemies, then out of necessity pull together to survive and in doing so eventually becoming friends. The story itself is not original as it was done in an episode of Battlestar Galactica 80, only that time it was a human and a cylon a race of sentient robots. It is however a better telling of the story. The transfer from DVD to Blu-ray is excellent the picture and sound quality not to be faulted. I most highly recommend this movie.

Godzilla, King Of The Monsters! (Region B)
Godzilla, King Of The Monsters! (Region B)
Offered by Den's DVDs

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., 30 Jun. 2016
Be aware this product is not as advertised. There is no English dub or subtitles. This version does not contain the Raymond Burr version either. A complete waste of money.

Dance Of The Vampires (Region B)
Dance Of The Vampires (Region B)
Dvd ~ Jack MacGowran
Offered by GREAT4DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 28 Jun. 2016
I have this movie on DVD under the title The Fearless Vampire Killers and I always thought it a very funny film. I am happy to say that I have upgraded by getting the Blu-ray version [all be it under a different title]. The picture and sound quality is brilliant considering the age of the movie. I am overall very pleased with this version and would highly recommend it to all who are thinking of buying it.

La Vie En Rose
La Vie En Rose
Dvd ~ Catherine Allegret
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: La Vie En Rose (Blu-ray)
This Blu-ray version of La Vie En Rose is the second I have bought. Unlike the other version bought through uniqueplace-uk [Reviewed elsewhere] this version has English subtitles. Both versions of the movie have very good picture and sound quality. I myself remember Edith Piaf and enjoyed this part fictional version of her life story. Some of the songs are sung in full but not all which is a bit disappointing. The other minor niggle I have is the fact they do not tell the story in linear form but keep flashing back and forth, I myself would have like it better told in a start to finish form. None the less I recommend this movie to anybody who remembers Edith Piaf.

The Hound Of The Baskervilles [Blu-ray]
The Hound Of The Baskervilles [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ian Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 24 Jun. 2016
I have many versions of The Hound of the Baskervilles and I enjoy almost all of them. This version with Ian Richardson I consider among the best. I am very happy with the transfer to Blu-ray as unlike The Sign of Four which I also bought this transfer is well done. I don't know if this was 4.3 stretched to 1.78.1 but at least they have not cut the heads off the actors like they have on The Sign of Four. The picture and sound quality is very good given that it was a made for TV film also given the age of the film. In the casting of this movie I have one small niggle and that is with the actor who played Dr Watson, I'm afraid he was too Nigel Bruce for my liking and the way he did it did not quite work for me. I still however highly recommend it to Sherlock Holmes fans.

The Sign Of Four [Blu-ray]
The Sign Of Four [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ian Richardson

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended despite the shortcomings., 22 Jun. 2016
Although I enjoyed this movie I was also a little disappointed with it. The HD transfer was not as good as I was expecting, it was I'm afraid to say no better than the DVD release. Another quibble I have. I got the impression that it was filmed in aspect ration 4.3 then enlarged to 1.78.1 as almost all the way through the movie the tops of the actors heads were cut off. This and only this is why I have only awarded it 4 stars. The acting was very good as you would expect from Ian Richardson and the rest of the supporting cast.

Das Philadelphia Experiment - Classic-Cult-Edition
Das Philadelphia Experiment - Classic-Cult-Edition
Dvd ~ Michael Paré
Offered by nagiry

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant movie despite its minor flaws., 21 Jun. 2016
Although I really like this movie and have done since I first saw it in the 1980s, I am slightly disappointed with the transfer. It has as it says been remastered but not restored. Most scenes are of brilliant picture and sound quality, unfortunately a couple of scenes are not as clear as they might be. The sound track [music] is brilliant,and for that alone I would have given it five stars. Another minor quibble, on the sleeve it states in the special features an interview with Michael Pare that is not in fact on the disc. Although I did not let the fact it is not restores spoil my enjoyment I can only rate it four stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20