Profile for NickyG > Reviews

Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA
Price: 1.47

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets better with every play!, 12 Nov 2013
I never really took to Diana Vicker's voice when she was on X Factor but my opinion changed when I saw her as live support to JLS at a Warwick Castle gig. She was impressive live and some of her songs grabbed my attention. The result was that I bought her album (first and foremost for our daughter) but this CD was a surprise in that it was played over and over again in our car for many weeks.....and we didn't get tired of it. There are some catchy tunes 'My hip' and 'Boy who murdered love' were particularly enjoyable. One of those CD's that relieves the tedium of long journeys on busy roads. A good one to sing along to. Also, it's a CD where the majority of the songs (if not all of them) are easy on the ear. Well done, Diana!

Weller Woodburning and Hobbyists Kit
Weller Woodburning and Hobbyists Kit
Price: 24.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal kit for beginners and experienced Pyrographers alike, 1 July 2012
I ordered this because I'd always fancied having a go at Pyrography, having had no experience of it whatsoever. The kit is comprehensive, with several easily interchangeable nibs. I have got some great results so far, just by practising on the back of wooden spoons! The only downside is the lack of design ideas (printed in a basic manner on some sheets of paper in the kit.) It would be better to have some step by step designs to have a go at, then I would be more inclined to buy a book to take me onto the next level.

EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD AND 9780 BOLD SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN ORIENTAL FLOWERS + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 29 Jan 2012
I bought this for my 13 year old daughter's phone. She was delighted with it - it's cool, pretty (without being too girly!) and helps her to easily find her phone in a dark schoolbag! It has a good feel and grip to it which helps you to keep your phone in your hand and avoid the chance of dropping it.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Milan & the Lakes
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Milan & the Lakes
by Reid Bramblett

4.0 out of 5 stars Good travel companion, 29 Jan 2012
I am going to Milan in the summer for a few days and was delighted to see that this comprehensive guide to the city will not weigh me down or take up lots of space in my bag. It has lots of information in it and a fold out map, so if you are on the go you can keep it handy in your pocket if you are using it frequently. I am sure it will serve me well and help me to get the most out of my trip.

Let There Be Rock
Let There Be Rock
Price: 6.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Another CD for my desert island list, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Let There Be Rock (Audio CD)
I was introduced to the music of ACDC in 1987 by an ex boyfriend. I went to see them twice that year and was moderately impressed. I went mainly because my boyfriend wanted to go. However, 24 years later I decided to invest in my first ACDC album - this one - because it has 'Whole Lotta Rosie' on it which I remember was pretty good. Well, what can I say? It feels as if I've been re-born when listening to this album. The first track 'Go Down' blew me away the first time I heard it and is being repeatedly played in my car because it fires me up for work each day. My family are now familiar with 'Whole Lotta Rosie', thanks to having no choice but to listen to it when we drive anywhere. I've converted them! The album to me is a classic which won't date, even though it was recorded in the late 70's. Timeless rock which would be a sound investment if this is your first ACDC album. If I had listened to this album all those years ago, I would have the whole back catalogue firmly in my collection by now. Buy it!!!!