Profile for Clara Von Kluk Kluk > Reviews

Content by Clara Von Kluk...

Clara Von Kluk Kluk (South Cumbria, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but rather light, 27 Nov. 2012
I don't really know what I was expecting but the candelabra was extremely light in weight, which I felt made it feel a bit cheap and also slightly unsafe. It does look really nice though, so I will wait and see how it goes.

Sadly the box it came in was a bit battered due to insufficient packaging. This was rather annoying as it was for a gift and I didn't want it to look like I'd bought it from a car boot.

Ashleigh & Burwood Fragrance Lamp Accessories - Small Replacement Wicks
Ashleigh & Burwood Fragrance Lamp Accessories - Small Replacement Wicks
Offered by DWD UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little item, 27 Nov. 2012
So glad I was able to purchase additional wicks for these lamps. What really surprised me was the gorgeous little gift box it came in, identical to the lamp gift box. A great, quality item.

Premium Fragrance Lamp Gift Set - PFL643 Twinkle Star & PFL915 Moroccan Spice
Premium Fragrance Lamp Gift Set - PFL643 Twinkle Star & PFL915 Moroccan Spice
Offered by DWD UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, quality gift, 27 Nov. 2012
I bought one of these for my Mum last year and she was thrilled to bits with it. This year I have got her one with a real Chrstmasy look to it and a different fragrance. I know she will love it.

The lamp and bottle come in a very sturdy, high quality gift box and the glass lamps are really very beautiful. Since purchasing this I have also bought one for my mother-in-law, one for my teenage daughter (she loved it too) and have asked my hubby for one for Christmas!

Lenore: Noogies (Colour Edition) (Lenore: Cute Little Dead Girl)
Lenore: Noogies (Colour Edition) (Lenore: Cute Little Dead Girl)
by Roman Dirge

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 27 Nov. 2012
I bought this book and another in the series for my daughter as a Christmas present. I can't wait to give her them as they look amazing. She is a big fan of graphic novels and anything out of the ordinary or quirky, being a goth herself.

The books are extremely good quality and larger than expected so I am very pleased with my purchase.

Love Rocks Gift Set - Bomb Cosmetics
Love Rocks Gift Set - Bomb Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars A great birthday gift, 27 Nov. 2012
My sister loved this box of treats. I have been using these products for a while now and love how they make your skin smell and feel after a bath. Excellent value for money too!

Go Stationery A6 Diary week to view 2013 - Pet Palace Cats
Go Stationery A6 Diary week to view 2013 - Pet Palace Cats

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great diary, 27 Nov. 2012
I buy one of these every year and have now started getting them as stocking fillers for my friends. A perfect handbag size with a week to view. The spiral binding means you can fully open the diary without damaging the spine. Mine gets chockablock with all sorts of notes and pieces of paper or appointment cards. Great stuff.

Dreamies Cat Treats Salmon 60g (Pack of 8)
Dreamies Cat Treats Salmon 60g (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cat's idea of heaven, 25 Nov. 2012
My three cats cannot get enough of these. I don't know exactly what is in them but the very rustle of a Dreamies bag has them crowding round my feet. The other week Mr Tibbs was poorly and off his food. I was really worried as nothing had passed his mouth in days and he was losing weight. On the verge of taking him to my vet, I tried him with a handful of these and after a few tentative licks he wolfed the lot down - appetite restored! Cannot recommend enough as a special treat for your moggy

The Empty Nest: How to survive and stay close to your adult child
The Empty Nest: How to survive and stay close to your adult child

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb on every level, 28 Aug. 2012
With my son about to depart for Uni and a daughter only a couple of years behind, I felt as though I needed a bit of guidance through this period of immense change. I am incredibly close to both my kids and bringing them up through a whole host of difficulties has been the most fulfilling part of my life. Even though I work and have a great marriage, I knew that in the next couple of weeks there was going to be a large void appearing in my life. Then I discovered "The Empty Nest" ....

To be frank, up until the point of delving into this book I had considered myself to be over-sentimental and a bit of an idiot for feeling so unbelievably sad at the prospect of my son's departure. What made it worse was that even though on the outside he was thrilled and excited about leaving for a new chapter in his life, I could tell he was panicking. After reading the first few chapters, however, I realised that all these emotions were not the ridiculous rantings of an overly clingy parent, but that they were actually normal feelings and were to be expected. All the case study examples were excellent, giving the points of view of both the parents and young adults and also comments from professionals such as university pastoral care and family psychologists.

This book is so easy to read, partly because of its practical, straight to the point advice, but also because you immediately relate to everything in it and feel that you are not alone. It was as though I was reading word for word the thoughts and feelings going on in my head and somebody saying "that's ok, you're not daft you're a great Mum". I would recommend this book to any parent, who after years of wishing that the kids would give them a bit of peace and quiet, suddenly would do anything to hear themselves shout "TURN THAT DOWN!"

133 Ways to Avoid Going Cuckoo When the Kids Fly the Nest: A Parent's Guide for Surviving Empty Nest Syndrome
by Lauren Schaffer

1.0 out of 5 stars RIDICULOUS PRICE, 28 Aug. 2012
I have not read this book, even though I would love to and am in need of its wisdom. There is no way I could afford a three figure sum for a run of the mill paperback which would have cost pence to print.

Utterly ridiculous and the greed of the Sellers speaks for itself.

By the way, I had to give it one star in order to submit my review.

Secrets of the Dead
Secrets of the Dead

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best I've read, 18 Aug. 2012
I read loads of novels within this genre and usually get through them pretty quickly, but I found this one a bit of a drag towards the end.

In its favour, the concept of having a modern day drama going on in tandem with an ancient murder mystery was a great idea as they had a valid connection. I particularly enjoyed the first person account of the historic part. This, however, was not enough to warrant more stars.

What dragged everything down for me was that I felt the drama and momentum of the modern day story was lost about 3/4 through the book. I had to keep reminding myself what the actual goal of all the running around, investigating different places was all about. I also felt the connection between historic and modern day start to blur and at the end of the book there were too many loose ends and questions were left unanswered. It was as though the author had got bored and rushed the last few chapters of the modern day events.

The modern day characters were rather unengaging and somewhat wooden so I never felt a connection wih them. This was, in part, redeemed by the first person account of events set in the 4th century, which in contrast was very interesting and enjoyable.

This is the first novel I have read by this author - whether I go for a second remains to be seen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10