Profile for kwd > Reviews

Content by kwd

kwd "silent soldier" (Ontario,Canada)

Loving And Free
Loving And Free

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet!, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Loving And Free (Audio CD)
Back when my siblings & I were growing up Elton John was a favourite so when we noticed an affiliation with he & Kiki we decided to have a listen. Kiki has an amazing voice & vocal style that gives each tune such warmth & strength that you can't help but fall in love with it all. Years & years have passed with no cd of Loving * Free available. We had an LP turned into a cd but there's no comparison to this re-mastered edition that has finally surfaced. A beautiful job of re-mastering! If you like Kiki Dee you'll love this. Even the bonus songs are great!

Kevin.

Three Friends (Remastered)
Three Friends (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars old friends, 27 Sep 2010
Gentle Giant has long been a favorite band of mine as I am a listener who you might say came of age in the era where Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, the Moody Blues, to name a few, were creating their magnificent stages.
I've thoroughly enjoyed G.G. works such as Acquiring the Taste, Octopus, Freehand, Power & the glory etc. but for some reason I never had the chance to hear Three Friends till this re-mastered release. I'll say it's definitely a treat worth waiting for. A foundation piece for much of what followed. Superb instrumentation & solid songwriting. The production & remastering are top notch as well. Do yourself a favour & have a listen!

Kevin.

Hidden
Hidden
Offered by iAlpha Technologies
Price: 6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars mesmorizing, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Hidden (Audio CD)
New group to me. I haven't any sort of pidgeon hole for them @ all! A clever percussive based band that is @ once awesome, scary & enchanting. Sonically satisfying with superlative production. Definitely a castle creation.
The work employs both sparse & elaborate sequences building stuctures that remain firmly implanted on the listener. Chamber style music accompanied by fiery percussives & mysterious vocal chanting & rambling on.
A standout recording in my opinion!