ARRAY(0xaa493ea0)

Clear Transparent Case Box Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Computer by Hostey
Offered by Hostey
Price: 2.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, does not work in practise, 16 April 2014
UPDATE To the original review.

As Homer would say, Doh! Well sort of. Having been defeated by trying to assemble this. I thought I'd have another go...
It would seem that it does go together, the holes do all fit and it is fit for purpose.

My apologies to the sellers BUT... PLEASE add some instructions. It's NOT rocket science putting this together (I was tired)though a guide sheet would be a bonus or a URL link to a screenshot?

For anyone interested in not making the same mistake as me, i.e. Breaking it then cursing its design.

Put the Raspberry Pi on a flat surface in front of you, then assemble the case around the PI. In other words, start with the largest part with the circular hole in the middle, place it on the top of the Pi, lining up the slot holes, it is apparent which way things go. Then put all the other sections against the ends and sides - do this to see which way sticky out things face. Then assemble it, that way the sticky out bits will fit in the holes the right way. The main problem is that you can't easily tell which is the inside face of a part, this leads to confusion in the feeble minded or the tired (Me)

Have rescued it with glue (which makes it a one off use), will most likely order another one, under an assumed name.

ORIGINAL REVIEW.
Note to self, read ALL posted reviews, not just the positive ones.

Product arrived quickly and well packed, no instructions, yes I know, if you can do a jigsaw puzzle then... Put it together in the way that all the HOLES should fit, broke it in the process, some parts are fragile.

Tried fitting the board, oh dear none of the HOLES line up with the plugs or sockets, snug is the word on most of them, well I can live with that, BUT... the HDMI hole is not the right way round and does not fit. (edit, DOH!)

Yes I tried several variations, (Edit, DOH!, not enough variations, there is a right one.) but the lugs and tabs and pins did all line up as they should. (Edit, Did they?)

Still, only wasted a couple of , now I know that there is a market for this sort of thing I'll try elsewhere.
Would have returned it as not fit but oops butterfingers broke it.

The Woman Without a Number
The Woman Without a Number
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 30 Dec 2013
Wow!
What an amazing woman. Excellent book describing a most interesting life. She was very lucky to have survived all that befell her.

StarTech DP2DVI2DisplayPort to DVI Video Adapter Converter
StarTech DP2DVI2DisplayPort to DVI Video Adapter Converter
Price: 9.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job perfectly, 30 Dec 2013
Bought a new PC and discovered another type of plug I had never heard of. Needed this to run dual monitor set up.-

Zingy EDF Energy Mascot Mug/Cup
Zingy EDF Energy Mascot Mug/Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Another humerous gift, 10 Feb 2013
Well packed, no chips / dink on arrival. Nice solid feel to the cup, dishwasher proof too (so far, I never look)

Tamrac Aero Speedpack 75 for Camera/Camcorder - Black
Tamrac Aero Speedpack 75 for Camera/Camcorder - Black
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 60.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ktibag, wnat a bigger one now, 10 Feb 2013
I'm sure I've written this review before, perhaps the send button broke!
Good price comfortable to wear or carry. My first purpose camera bag. I have hard cases for storage.

Tested it during two weeks travel outing. Would now like something just a little bigger. I could not get all the kit I wanted to take and a laptop /iPad into it.

It seems odd to start with, but the side pocket access to the camera is a really neat idea, ( Seems better for right handed users, ME)

It's great for a few days, but not for all the junk I like to carry - would happily buy a larger version, and will recommend this bag to anyone who does not have all my junk to carry!

Hahnel Giga T Pro II Wireless Remote Control for Canon DSLR with Timer and Time Lapse
Price: 65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful peice of kit, not used all its features yet., 10 Feb 2013
Great piece of kit.

My only complaint is that the instructions are not written for duffers! I actually had to think about this.
The simple functions are intiutive, but the program repeat options take some thinking about.
Pocket sized, fits in any spare hole in your kitbag.

One thing I did notice from some reviews, you can insert one of the 'jump leads either way round, it will only work one way. I read the instructions (That part was clear,) so I got this right . I did note one review said two of these did not work I wondered if that was why.

I bought this to try some time lapse photography, now all I need is some half decent light. (not going to happen in the UK)

Sanyo Eneloop AA 8 Pack Batteries 2000mAh
Sanyo Eneloop AA 8 Pack Batteries 2000mAh
Offered by iCell Media
Price: 14.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 1 Jan 2013
Did some research about these batteries before buying them, also read a review in a book about Flash photography by someone called Syl Arena. The book gave them a good write up. So far they seem to be going well.

Gepe 3861-03 Card Safe Extreme Rosso
Gepe 3861-03 Card Safe Extreme Rosso
Price: 18.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Not (quite) bullet proof, 1 Jan 2013
Really good cases for memory, squish proof, waterproof, don't take up a lot of space during travel. This is my second set. Delivery took longer than expected (it was Christmas) they came from Germany.

A Long Way Home - One POW's story of escape and evasion during World War II
A Long Way Home - One POW's story of escape and evasion during World War II
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting life, 1 Jan 2013
Brings home the things our grandparents went through, looking at the world today, I sometimes wonder if they would do the same again?

Prisoner of the Japanese: From Changi to Tokyo
Prisoner of the Japanese: From Changi to Tokyo
Price: 3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor man (and others), 1 Jan 2013
What this man and others, (women too) went through was appaling. He took all the torture with stoicism and endured awful pain and conditions. Such a shame that his (dishonourable) tormentor ran away and hid like the real coward and bully that he appears to have been.

Page: 1 | 2