Profile for Teachermummy > Reviews

Fair Trade Fairies - 'Believe In Yourself' Quote Fairy
Fair Trade Fairies - 'Believe In Yourself' Quote Fairy
Offered by Purity Style

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really beautiful little fairy, 13 Nov. 2015
This is a really beautiful little fairy, wonderfully made and so pretty; I love the bells. My daughter thinks it's wonderful! It arrived the day after I ordered it. Can't fault the product or the service.

SPIDERMAN Personalised Bead Keyring Any Name Bag Tag Lunchbox Coat Zip
SPIDERMAN Personalised Bead Keyring Any Name Bag Tag Lunchbox Coat Zip

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with it, 28 Oct. 2014
Really lovely item. So pleased with it, as was my four year old son. Quick delivery. Excellent!

Noisy Football Match (Usborne Noisy Board Books)
Noisy Football Match (Usborne Noisy Board Books)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars nice pics,shame about the noises, 28 Oct. 2014
I bought this as a gift for a friend's son, I was pleased initially with the book. It looks lovely. Great pictures, feels like a quality item. My friend and her son really liked the book, as did my sons. However, when we removed the tab to allow the batteries to connect there was no noise. My friend opened it up to find the batteries had corroded inside. I was very disappointed with this.

Bara Glad 3/4 Sleeve Dress Green Size L (Code: 3)
Bara Glad 3/4 Sleeve Dress Green Size L (Code: 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great breast feeding dress, 2 Sept. 2012
I bought this dress as I had already purchsed one in another colour. This is a great dress, very comfortable and easy to feed in. It washes well and feels nice and thick, a good quality garment. The sleeves are lovely, a great feature of the dress. The dress covers everything really well so you don't feel 'on show' at all. It is a good length and can look quite dressy with heels or more relaxed with flip flops.

Emma Jane Nursing/Breastfeeding Dress/Lounger - Style 836 - Burgundy - 14/16
Emma Jane Nursing/Breastfeeding Dress/Lounger - Style 836 - Burgundy - 14/16

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress for relaxing at home, 2 Sept. 2012
I bought this dress thinking it looked quite smart, which it does, but it's still not smart enough for work, the flap on the front is a bit odd and really is better for relaxing at home, it is also quite a bit shorter than I expected. I would recommend this if you want something easy to feed in - access is very quick and easy - but just for wearing at home and to the park, not for more formal wear. It has been great on warmer days for just throwing on, espcially as I am busy chasing round after my 2 year old, as well as looking after baby. It looks great in the picture, but the model hasn't recently had a baby, it is quite tight fitting and so it shows off your lumps and bumps a bit. The colour is great, very bold, it washes well, retaining both shape and colour. It is quite a thick jersey fabric so it feels good quality. I have found it an essential item in my summer wardrobe and plan on wearing it in the autumn months with a chunky cardi and boots, it really is quite versatile.

Bara Glad Maternity & Nursing Hart 3/4 Sleeve Dress Red Size L (Code: 14)
Bara Glad Maternity & Nursing Hart 3/4 Sleeve Dress Red Size L (Code: 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful nursing dress, 2 Sept. 2012
I purchased this dress to wear to a friends wedding. My baby was 3 months at the time, so I still had a bit of a tummy, but this dress looked fabulous. It is great for discreet feeding - I actually fed baby in the church! It is easy to get your equipment in and out again. The fabric is thick and washes really well. It is a really pretty dress and looks fabulous dressed up with heels for a special occasion, or dressed down with flip flops for a more relaxed look. I would recommend this dress to any breast-feeding mummy, or pregnant mummy who's planning to breast-feed. The only down side is that, being white, it was a little bit see-through - especially in the areas where it was stretched a bit - and I don't think it would fit when my bump was at it's biggest but would probably be fine up to about the 6 month mark, though it is very stretchy so it might stretch that far. It was definitely worth the money, a great purchase, so good I bought another one in another colour.

Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book: A Ladybird potty training book

3.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Teaching Book, 29 July 2012
This book has been a great teaching tool for our son, trying to help him understand the potty training process. My son is really into pirates at the moment so this helped him to buy into it all. He can easily look through it by himself or listen to us read it to him, which helps him to have ownership of it. I really like the illustrations and the ideas in this book. I was disappointed though that the little noise button on it didn't work - it's supposed to make a cheering noise, easy for us to do ourselves but it's annoying that it doesn't work, it loses part of it's interactivity. Otherwise a great book and would recommend it to any parent potty training a pirate fan.

On Stage: Theater Games and Activities for Kids
On Stage: Theater Games and Activities for Kids
by Lisa Bany-Winters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great activities, 5 July 2012
This book is great for Key Stage 3 pupils. Clear explanations so it's easy to deliver and once you've got the hang of the activity they are easy to adapt, to keep tasks fresh. It also worked well for tutor time, for team building. Would also be good for after school drama club.

VTech Baby My First Tool Box
VTech Baby My First Tool Box

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks better than it is, 5 July 2012
I bought this for my son for Christmas, he was 17 months then and is now 2. He really likes watching my husband do DIY and is always trying to get his tools so I thought this would be a great gift. Unfortunately, it wasn't. He still struggles to use it - apart from the hammering bit, which he seemed to pick up quickly!! He doesn't like the musical bit and we rarely turn it on, he just tries to use the tools and then can't and gets frustrated and angry. This has been the case the entire time it has been his. He always looks at it hopefully and then can't work it. He is not of below average intelligence, he is impatient though. I think it would have been better to wait until he was older and get one or just get some toy tools, or one of those wooden hammer and peg toys. It is brightly coloured and the tools are easy to hold, it would be good to try before you buy but I think it's more suitable for over 2 years.

TP Little Bouncer
TP Little Bouncer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 July 2012
This review is from: TP Little Bouncer (Toy)
I bought this for my son for Christmas. He loved his door bouncer when he was a small baby, he loves trampolines, bouncy castles and all things bouncy. He was 17 months at Christmas so I wanted to get something small that would fit in the house but would still provide hours of bouncy fun. This was not the case. It is not great for bouncing on, he couldn't get the hang of jumping on it, he still can't now and he's 2. He doesn't seem to trust it. He will stand on it and hold the handle and then get off. He will happily bounce on any other surface so it must be something about this product that he doesn't like. The netting that you bounce on does seem a bit flimsy. It is small and easy to pack away but was a waste of money, he mostly uses it as a step-stool. I would not get this product again. I think it would have been better to wait until he was older and buy a proper trampoline. It's a nice idea and looks good. Before buying I would try and road test your little one on this to see if they like it, otherwise leave it.

Page: 1 | 2