Profile for FilmBuff > Reviews

The Thin Man Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Powell
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great films, 30 May 2014
I love the Thin Man films, they are so funny and witty. I had only heard of them before, but to watch them is a real joy.
The box set was good quality, and was delivered promptly.

My Little French Kitchen: Over 100 recipes from the mountains, market squares and shores of France
by Rachel Khoo

5.0 out of 5 stars My Little French Kitchen is a fantastic book!, 11 Oct 2013
I adore Rachel Khoo's recipes, starting from her first book 'My Little Paris Kitchen' and now to her second french cook book. The recipes in my little french kitchen are easy to follow, authentic with her own touch and twist which I like. The photos of the dishes, france and rachel are colourful and attractive. I have been waiting for someone to show the regional dishes of France (as I have travelled to Lyon and know some of the cities dishes)and Rachel has done this beautifully. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys French regional cooking.

My Vietnamese Kitchen - Recipes and stories to bring Vietnamese food to life on your plate
by Uyen Luu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 11 Oct 2013
I have visited Uyen Luu's vietnamese supper club in hackney east London and really loved it, so to be able to buy her cook book is fantastic. The book is filled with gorgeous photos of the dishes, easy recipe and instructions, and also with Uyen Luu's own touch as well which makes it stand out from other similar books.
I highly recommend the book to anyone wishing to cook tasty, healthy vietnamese food.

48 Original Titles
48 Original Titles
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Very romantic songs and what a chanteur, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: 48 Original Titles (Audio CD)
I found out about Tino Rossi when I was watching a french film and bought this cd for my father, but of course I listened to it first and promptly fell in love with Rossi's voice. I found out that Tino Rossi was a huge singing star in the 20-30s and beyond, and he was also in movies.
His singing is romantic, tender makes me think of the mediterranean. Of course, one of his song is called 'Mediterrane'. My father really loves this CD as it reminds him of his childhood.

Moliere [2007] [DVD]
Moliere [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurent Tirard

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful film!, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: Moliere [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This is the first film that I have watched featuring Romain Duris and Fabrice Lucchini, and I love them both. Based on their performances in this film, I have now watched many of their other films. The other reviews already explain the plot of this film, so I won't bore you with that as well.
The main performance of Romain Duris is superb, as he is witty, charismatic and sexy as well. I am not sure if the real life Moliere was in anyway this great, but Romain Duris is very convincing! The love story at the centre of the film is very moving and the chemistry between the two leads works brilliantly.
Fabrice lucchini is very funny in a wide eye way and the scene when he pretends to be a horse is hilarious.
French romantic comedies are my favourite as they combine wit, flair, and a je ne sais quoi.

La Gloire De Mon Pere [DVD]
La Gloire De Mon Pere [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philippe Caubère
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars A glorious film of childhood, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: La Gloire De Mon Pere [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film and the second part chateau ma mere, purely based on amazon reviews. I have never regretted this buy, as both films have bought me so much joy and blissful watching. The first film focuses on the father and son relationship and is a fantastic homage from son to a father who he idealises. This is not a film to watch for the plot, as there is no convulated plot at all, but if you wish to reminisce about the beauty and innocence of childhood, this film is enchanting.
The small details about family life, siblings, and the hero worship a child can feel for their parents is so touching. The stunning provence landscape is also breathtaking, and when you are in rainy england, it is the perfect escape!