Profile for TheMrMalro > Reviews

Content by TheMrMalro

TheMrMalro

Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)
Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)
Offered by SeeDeez

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Need for Speed Since Undercover, 3 Dec. 2013
Need for Speed has lost it's charm as of late. The closure of the developers of Underground, Most Wanted 2005, Carbon and Undercover - EA Black Box didn't help at all. This is Ghost Game's first Need for Speed title and did they do a heck of a great job.

Rather than going into the nitty gritty about all it's features, just know from a real street racing fan... this is a step in the right direction for Need for Speed and I can't wait to see what they create next year. This is why I am giving it 4/5 rather than the full 5. It's a step in the right direction, but the things that have been fixed such as progression, customisation and so on are only half way there.

You will find no body mods, but you will be able to place stickers and vinyl's on your car... but you can't move them. You can upgrade performance of your cars and see the numbers change by a HUGE amount... but when you drive it the only noticeable difference will be handling and the durability of the cars. You can finally buy cars again! But you can afford any car you want within one outing... as I said. It's half way there.

It's a game that is just a test for the Frostbite racing game engine and sometimes it shows. The guys at Ghost had less than a year to build a new team, make the Frostbite engine racing friendly and make a game... they did a great job. Every time I play the game, I love it... but I look forward to see what comes next more. I hope it's Underground 3 or a sequel to Need for Speed Carbon... as I know from personal experience the fans would love to see that.

But yes. If you're looking for a street racer to hold you until The Crew or NFS 2014, this is the one. My favourite launch title for the PlayStation 4.

Elgato Game Capture HD, Xbox and PlayStation High Definition Game Recorder for Mac and PC, Full HD 1080p

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game capture option, 19 Feb. 2013
Currently, this is the best option there is. Amazing software and it makes me wonder why other capture cards are so poor compared to this? Never had any problems with this. Amazing.

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition HDMI Capture Device (PS3/Xbox)
Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition HDMI Capture Device (PS3/Xbox)

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., 19 Feb. 2013
So I bought this product thinking it was the best option for me to record my gameplay, what happens? Nothing but flickering and corrupt files. Tried it on multiple systems, replaced all my cabling and everything. Nothing worked. Thankfully Amazon let me swap it for the Elgato which is a much better choice. I wont be buying a Hauppauge product again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 11:25 AM GMT

Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Offered by Woodhaven Marketing

4.0 out of 5 stars The only headset you will EVER need... Kinda..., 26 Dec. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
**UPDATE**
Right then. I had to go through 2 of these and then find out that they are unfortunately not as great as I had hoped. An almost spot on headset has been ruined buy the fact that (even if you treat it like a baby) it will crack at the sides. Everyone I know that has purchased this headset has had the same issue. I had it twice. They also stopped connecting after a while of snapping from the sides. It's a shame that Sony went witch cheap materials for this headset... I'm going to miss them.

Let me just start by saying I won't be buying a new headset or headphones anytime soon. I'm a constant Skyper and sometimes I need to leave the room, I love the fact that I can now go to the kitchen and make some food while still Skyping with my friends. It just makes everything much easier.

I used to have a separate headset for my computer, one for my PS3 and one for my (Android) phone and Vita. Having a headset that works with every one of those makes my life much easier. Just a note, these work wireless with the PS3 and PC, but using a cable on anything that won't take the dongle. The Microphone also works by using the cable, on my phone anyway, have yet to test anything else.

Yes, the microphone works on PC, Skype etc. but it's not going to replace my snowball for recording voice-overs for YouTube videos that's for sure. But with pretty much all wireless headsets the mics are a bit... on the lesser side.

I can wear these all day and feel like nothing is on my head, except when you notice that everyone is quiet and trust me, I have pretty big ears.
You won't be able to hear yourself much and may find yourself shouting every now and again, but not knowing. You get used to it after the first day or two.

Having used beats in the past on many occasions, I would say that these produce much, much better sound... and once you flick on the bass impact... you will be blown away by how amazing the sound going into your ears is. You won't want to use any other headphones/headset after using these, perfection.

Only thing I can possibly think to complain about is the battery. The life on these things isn't amazing due to the outstanding bass-impact, I get about 5-6 hours on a full charge? Being at my PC all day doesn't help me keep track of time but it's not really a problem because I constantly have access to a USB port to charge them. Turn off the bass-impact and you will get longer life, even with the bass-impact off these sound a LOT better than beats.

I probably missed out a lot from this review but it's late, sorry! :P

Emprex 6310U Chiclet Ultra Slim USB Keyboard with 4 Hotkeys for Media Control/Sleep Function - Windows 7/Vista Compatible
Offered by UKStocked

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillaint, 12 Dec. 2011
I bought this keyboard as I was looking for a big sized keyboard on the cheap. This keyboard is amazing. Ignore all the reviews saying the keys are hard to press, that's total rubbish. The keys are soft, similar to most laptops but with a little more click to them, but its hardily noticeable. I'm used to a more compact keyboard with the keys closer together, but when I started typing with this keyboard I got used to it straight away, literally. I recommend this keyboard over any in the £1 - £20 range on this site (as of 12/12/2011)

11/10 for this keyboard!

Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Really long, but keeps you hooked., 30 Dec. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Cause 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is amazing. Now the first one was absolute rubbish i could not stand it, but this one is brilliant. It took me just over 17 hours to beat all the missions and there is still lots to do! completing them missions will get you about 30% complete. That means that you must blow things up, collect secrets and do races and much more to get the rest. If your looking for a long and amazing game that will keep you hooked long after your complete the story, this is a wise choice.