Profile for Martin Caine > Reviews

Martin Caine

Page: 1 | 2
Dinosoles Child Dinorama Velociraptor Green din-sho-0019 10 Child UK
Dinosoles Child Dinorama Velociraptor Green din-sho-0019 10 Child UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love these but the treads don't leave footprints, 12 Jun. 2014
My kids have had a few pairs of these over the years and while the designs are nice and engaging, don't expect to be seeing dinosaur footprints in the mud or snow. The tread is very shallow and the detail of the footprint is made in colouring the underside of the shoe so it won't leave much of a mark when the kids are walking.

Airfix A04048 Westland Sea King HAS.5/AEW.2 1:72 Scale Series 4 Plastic Model Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift for Secret Santa, 12 Jun. 2014
Bought this many years ago as a gift for a work colleague who had some interest in the Air Cadets. He loved it, and having had Airfix kits before I know it's probably a solid kit even if I never saw it built up.

Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Offered by Good-Choice (shipped from Hongkong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for NVIDIA Shield, 12 Jun. 2014
I use this for connecting my NVIDIA Shield to my HDMI capture box when wanting to capture game footage for YouTube. Works perfectly and has also been used to connect the machine to TV for console-mode play.

Belkin 1.5m Mini Display Port to Mini Display Port  Adapter
Belkin 1.5m Mini Display Port to Mini Display Port Adapter
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for connecting a MacBook to an iMac, 12 Jun. 2014
I use this to connect my MacBook Pro (2011) to my 27" iMac (2010). Only after buying the cable did I find out that the iMac has to be booted in to OSX for it to work as an extra screen for the MacBook (as my iMac is most often booted in to Windows 7). But the cable works perfectly.

1.5M Gold Type D Micro HDMI To HDMI Type A Digital Lead Cable 1080P
1.5M Gold Type D Micro HDMI To HDMI Type A Digital Lead Cable 1080P
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 12 Jun. 2014
It's a cable. Plug it in and it works. Works great with my BlackBerry PlayBook when connecting it to the TV.

OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide
OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide
by Aaftab Munshi

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful book for iOS/Android developers, 12 Jun. 2014
I got this book a while back when I was first getting in to Android and iOS development. It is full of practical examples and code snippets that I still return to now when needing to check things. Definitely a useful book for anyone wanting to create GLES2 games for any platform.

Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse but it's a battery killer!, 12 Jun. 2014
Been using this mouse now for a good few months to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and for general PC use. Set to a low DPI setting for general use I can get a whole day or two from the battery. When playing GO however I pump up the DPI a little (to only about half of what the mouse is actually capable of) and after 3 or 4 hours of gameplay at that setting the mouse is dead.

So long as you remember to plug in the USB cable to let it charge when not in use I doubt this will be a problem for most users but don't expect a full day of gaming on the higher DPI settings.

The mouse is fairly weighty and feels familiar having been a Logitech mouse user for many years (MX510, MX518, G5, and now G700). and I've not really noticed any delay in the pointer movement (though gaming purists would likely say otherwise).

Minecraft (Xbox 360)
Minecraft (Xbox 360)
Offered by NEENUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Four player co-op is great for kids, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
My kids love playing this. They've been fans of Minecraft for a while having played it on PC but being able to play split-screen multiplayer together is great on the Xbox 360 version. It also worked out cheaper buying the DVD from amazon than it did to buy the game on Xbox Live (though does mean they have to put the disc in to play).

Plantronics GameCom 780 Open Ear Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound
Plantronics GameCom 780 Open Ear Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the money, 12 Jun. 2014
Been using this headset for many months now to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The speaker quality is exceptional and the microphone is crisp and clear when using it for voice comms in-game.

The surround sound mode is a bit of a gimmick though as it's virtual surround (I could barely notice any difference in the position of sounds in front of me or behind). I used to own a true 5.1 headset with multiple speakers which was so much better.

The dolby mode also seems to thin out the sound removing a lot of the bass. Not really what I like in my games so I just run it in standard stereo mode most of the time.

Build quality is great though and for competitive CS:GO it's a nice headset.

What Does the Fox Say
What Does the Fox Say
by Ylvis

4.0 out of 5 stars Only worth getting for kids that love the song, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: What Does the Fox Say (Paperback)
My kids absolutely love the song and listened to it on repeat for many months. We got them the book and they all enjoy having a look through it, especially while listening to the song. As a standalone 'story' book though it's not much good.

Page: 1 | 2