Profile for Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers > Reviews

Content by Mark Baker - C...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 496

Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Captain America: The Winter Soldier [DVD]
Captain America: The Winter Soldier [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars "On Your Left.", 18 Jun. 2015
I know, I know. I did it in the wrong order. There was all kind of talk about how important it was to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier opening weekend before continuing on with the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. And yet, I blindly kept watching the TV show and only watched the movie last night. While that meant I was spoiled for some events of the film, I still enjoyed it immensely.

Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (Chris Evans), is settling into life in the modern era. He's still trying to catch up on culture he has missed, but the missions he goes on for S.H.I.E.L.D. are helping keep him busy, which he appreciates.

However, after one mission almost goes wrong because Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) has a separate mission, Steve begins to question his place in the organization. At the same time, Director Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) begins to suspect there is something very rotten in his organization. Couple that with a Russian assassin called The Winter Soldier who has a surprising connection to Steve's past, and you have a situation getting more complicated by the minute. Who will survive?

Being a superhero movie, you'd expect lots of action, and you won't be disappointed. The stunts and effects are outstanding, and I loved every minute of them. This is a big budget event film living up to its expectations in every way, and I loved that.

However, sometimes that means the movie skimps on character as a result. I didn't find that to be the case here at all. In fact, the characters felt better defined for me than they did the first time around. I really connected with Captain America and his struggle to find the right side to be fighting for. When things turn personal late in the film, I really felt for him. Yes, even as the explosions were going on around us, I was worried about his personal story. I also loved his new friend Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie).

All this means the actors had more to do than in a normal action movie, but they did a wonderful job. There are some great small moments that mean so much. Heck, I think one reason I connected with Sam so quickly was that Anthony Mackie makes him so likable from the very beginning. Chris Evans has the right mix to make us care for Steve, which is hard in a character as almost perfect as he is playing here. Scarlett Johansson is having a blast as Black Widow, and that comes across for us as well. Samuel L. Jackson is given the most to do in any of these movies so far, and he makes the most of it, too.

There is a nice smattering of humor in the movie, too. It's just enough to lighten the mood without destroying the tension they are building.

And I mentioned the action and effects, right? Because that climax was a sight to behold, and I loved it.

I'm definitely ready for the next stop in this franchise, both Marvel over all and Captain America specifically. I hope they keep building on the success that is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Seventh Season [2002] [DVD]
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Seventh Season [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Melissa Joan Hart
Offered by wmdservices

3.0 out of 5 stars "Fast Unexplained Exits are Kind of Her Specialty.", 18 Jun. 2015
I think by this point, it was time to say goodbye to Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and I think just about everyone knew it. I mean, when your main character is no longer a teenager but that's part of the title of the series, it's just time to move on, right? Despite some attempts to changes things around (or because of it), season seven isn't my favorite, although it does provide some fun moments.

After cramming three years of high school into the first four seasons, Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) manages to graduate from college in just two. She and her roommates/friends Roxie (Soleil Moon Frye) and Morgan (Elisa Donovan) move into her aunt's house as they try to start their lives by finding jobs. Her aunts? In the weirdest resolve of the weirdest cliffhanger, they are turned into teenagers themselves and go back to the other realm. (Never mind that Caroline Rhea has a cameo in the series finale). That just leaves a few random bits of magic around the house in addition to Salem the cat (voiced by Nick Bakay).

Sabrina gets a job at a hip trendy magazine called Scorch and spends much of the first half of the season trying to prove to her boss that she can do her job. It gives us plenty of chances to see actors playing musicians, and, of course, spells to go wrong. She, Morgan, and Roxie join a singing competition thanks to some magic talent. Plus she switches personalities with a mean rapper.

Late in the season, Sabrina meets Aaron (Dylan Neal), a handsome record label owner. The two quickly fall in love and plan to get married. The only problem is Harvey (Nate Rickert) is still in the picture. Does he still love Sabrina? Will that stop her from marrying Aaron?

Actually, I find the season picks up once Aaron comes into the picture. Until then, we've got the same old same old with a different setting. Substitute Roxie and Morgan for the aunts, for example. They get many B stories like the aunts used to get, only these don't involve magic. And Sabrina still creates spells that get out of hand, only now she needs Salem and Harvey to point that out to her instead of her aunts.

My problems with the first half of the season are two fold. First, Sabrina's desperation at work just isn't funny, and I never can warm up to Annie (Diana-Maria Riva), her boss, who is mean to Sabrina for no reason. Second, watching Sabrina's magic get out of hand and her over react is funny as a teenager but cringe worthy in an adult. Not to mention, she should have learned how to control it by now.

Not to say there aren't some very fun episodes here. I enjoy "In Sabrina We Trust" where the out of hand spell gets the entire city trusting Sabrina. The magical systems check the house undergoes at the beginning is pretty funny as well. Her attempts to be perfect in "Present Perfect" are pretty good as well, and the Wonderland theme in the episode where she first meets Aaron is lots of fun.

There is a certain amount of overacting from the cast, but it fits the show and helps make the wacky just that much more believable. The special effects are great, and with all the magic there are quite a few of them.

Despite what the packaging says, there were 22 episodes in season seven. The final two were just aired back to back, and they are lumped together here as well to give us "21" episodes. They are all presented in their original full frame and stereo sound. The issues I had with my season six set have been fixed, and I didn't have any problems with this set.

Which brings us to the special feature. That's right, for the first time in the series, we actually get one. It's the TV movie Sabrina Goes to Rome. Don't ask me why we haven't seen the other two movies released on earlier sets or why this wasn't part of the season 2 or 3 set since that's when it was filmed. But since it was the better of the two TV movies I've seen, I'll take it.

This movie finds Sabrina and stowaway Salem heading to Rome to try to open a locket. Sealed inside the locket is an aunt she hasn't heard of before who was banished after revealing her secret to a mortal. Unfortunately, Sabrina's new roommate Gwen (Tara Charendoff Strong) is a struggling witch who gets them noticed by Paul (Eddie Mills), a cute guy that Sabrina has run into - literally. Paul is a tabloid journalist who starts getting close to Sabrina to get proof of her secret so he can become rich. Or will love win?

Like many episodes of the series, the ending of this one is never in doubt. And yet it's fun. The story draws you in and makes you care. (Although considering how serious Sabrina was about Harvey at the time, why is there no mention of him?) The story moves along quickly, and the acting and special effects are on par for the series. It was actually filmed in Rome, and that makes it feel real and helps draw me in as well.

Honestly, Sabrina Goes to Rome is the best part of this collection. Don't get me wrong, there are still some fun episodes in season seven, but the best of Sabrina the Teenage Witch was definitely behind us. I'm glad it ended here.

Welcome to the New
Welcome to the New

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Trying to Embrace the New, but It Doesn't Feel That Exciting to Me, 18 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Welcome to the New (MP3 Download)
Ever since I started listening to MercyMe, I've enjoyed their blend of fun music with good lyrics. Rarely do they ever have anything truly outstanding to say, but the mix is still very enjoyable. Unfortunately, Welcome to the New doesn't quite have that same mix to it. It is their first release that has left me under impressed.

Over the years, the group has evolved from an adult pop/soft rock feel toward more rock and less pop. That change is evidenced here with the rockiest release they've had yet. There are lots of upbeat tracks here with only a few slower moments. Unfortunately, they haven't found a way to differentiate the rock tracks from one another, and that is probably one of the biggest weaknesses of the disc. These songs just sound too much alike to me. Even after a week of listening, it's hard to remember which song is which.

Unfortunately, the lyrics don't help at all. The songs are about the new life we can have in Jesus and the changes that brings into our lives. Again, it's nothing especially original (or should I say new?), but it is a theme worth exploring. Unfortunately, none of the lyrics ever go too deep and many could be exchanged with any other song.

Now before I get any more negative, I should point out that I do actually enjoy some of the songs here individually. It's just taken as a whole where they start to get too repetitive. For example, the title track starts things off with a wonderfully upbeat number that is hard not to like. "Gotta Let Go" reminds us to leave our past back there and press on to live for God now. "Greater" is based on the reminder from I Peter that God is greater than anything we will face in the world. And "Flawless" reminds us that thanks to the mercy and grace of the cross, God doesn't see the sin in our past.

Oh wait, even with those four songs, I've already hit on two very similar themes, haven't I?

My favorite song on the disc is the final track. "Dear Younger Me" find the band looking at the past and wondering what they could say to smooth out life without changing who they are. Ultimately, it's about remembering who God has made us then about what we've done along the way.

Several of these songs will be enjoyed mix in with other artists in iTunes, but the rest of the disc is just average. Hopefully MercyMe goes back to penning better songs because Welcome to the New wasn't one of their better efforts.

Nabisco Chewy Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations Root Beer Float Cookies, 9.5 oz by Mondelez
Offered by Sam Store US

5.0 out of 5 stars The Surprise Ice Cream Creation - the Chips Ahoy! Root Bear Float Cookies Are Great!, 18 Jun. 2015
I take my root beer floats seriously. When I make one, it includes only the best (Breyer's French Vanilla and A&W root beer, of course). That's why of the three Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations flavors I tried, I was most skeptical of the Root Beer Float flavor. They turned out to be my favorites.

These are a chewy white cookie. I'm sure it's the standard recipe they use to make regular Chewy Chips Ahoy! cookies. However, instead of chocolate chips, they put in white chips of some kind and root beer flavored chips. Honestly, I still haven't figured out if the white chips are vanilla or white chocolate, but it hardly matters.

The first time I tried one, I was surprised at just how real the root beer float flavor was. I mean, I actually thought for a second I felt carbonation on my tongue. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but that's how good the flavor is. Yes, there are hints of cream in there, too (probably provided by the white chips). The result is perfectly. This is the closest thing to biting into a root beer float without actually biting into a root beer float.

Of course, these are cookies, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are not good for you. Two of the cookies (and they aren't that big) contain 140 calories, 60 of which are pure fat. The ingredients are your standard list of wheat, sugar, milk solids, and more sugar. But they taste so good.

So if you want an unique and wonderful cookie treat, get the Chips Ahoy! Root Beer Float cookies. Your taste buds will thank you for it.

Chinese Zodiac [DVD] [2012]
Chinese Zodiac [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mess of a Movie - See it for the Fight Scenes Only, 18 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Chinese Zodiac [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Back in the day, I saw several of Jackie Chan's movies and enjoyed them, however, I'd hesitate to call myself a big fan of his work. Still, I remembered the fantastic fight sequences, so when my roommate brought home Chinese Zodiac and asked if I wanted to watch it, too, I agreed. Sadly, it should have been much, much better.

JC (Jackie Chan) has been hired to track down the twelve bronze statues of the animals from the Chinese Zodiac any way necessary. That's a good thing since he is a thief for hire. These particular statues were stolen from the Chinese one hundred and fifty years ago. A few are popping up in the market, but no one knows where all of them are. Can JC and his team follow clues to track them down?

Now often, I will say that the plot is just an excuse for the action. That doesn't necessarily mean the plot is bad, it just means the plot is just setting up the action. In this case, it means the plot is bad. It jumps from plot point to plot point with no real explanation or at times logic. A few of the complications felt like the writers saying, "We need to have another fight sequences, so let's introduce pirates." Yes, you read that right, real day pirates make an appearance. The climax, while thrilling, also made little sense and came out of nowhere just to give us an awesome final fight scene.

Character development? Again, much of that is forced. Things are thrown in at random that are supposed to help us identify with the characters better. This was still happening in the final, wrap up scene of the film. Instead of liking the characters, it made me laugh at the clumsy way it was handled.

I'm willing to give the actors a pass on the acting. The film was a mix of sub-titles, accented English, and voice over. Between the three, I was so busy trying to follow the story that the acting wasn't a big issue for me. It wasn't good, but it was horrible, either.

What was horrible was much of the voice over work. Many of the actors delivered it with such flat voices that I was pushed away by the woodenness of it. I felt like these "actors" just wanted a paycheck and didn't care about the final outcome.

Along with this, we get preached at about who should really have stolen artifacts taken from the original peoples are displayed in European cities. I actually agree with what the film was trying to say, I just hated the way it was said.

So why watch the film? For the action sequences. The opening epic scene is worth it for the sheer fun of the film alone. There are many other great scenes scattered throughout the film, including a fight entirely on a couch. No, I'm not joking. And the climatic moments just be seen to be believed.

Even so, I highly suggest renting the film, or better yet borrowing it from someone else who has rented it like I did. There is no reason to watch this film more than once. After you've seen the action scenes, you'll have no desire to watch Chinese Zodiac again.

Nabisco Chewy Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations - Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies 9.5 Oz Package by Nabisco
Offered by americangoodies

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfection with Chips Ahoy! Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, 18 Jun. 2015
My curiosity about the Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations cookies lead me to buy three of them when I first saw them in the stores. Of those, the Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies met my expectations the most. Not saying there isn't room for improvement, but from looking at the package, I got just what I expected.

These are soft (chewy in Chips Ahoy! speak) chocolate cookies. Inside, they come with chocolate chips and mint pieces. The result is a flavor that is very close to mint chocolate chip ice cream, which is obviously what they were going for.

I saw very close because the chocolate tends to overwhelm the mint. I'm not saying you can't taste it because it is definitely there. I'm just saying that I wish it were stronger. It is stronger in the better mint chocolate chip ice creams out there. And yes, I know I'm complaining about abundance of chocolate flavor in something. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate. I just wish there were more mint here.

Two cookies provide you with 140 calories, 50 of which are from fat. There's nothing nutritious about them. (I know that was a news flash to me.) The ingredients are the standard wheat, butter, oil, and chocolate you'd expect.

So, naturally, these should not be part of your normal diet. (I really eat too much junk food.) But the Chips Ahoy! Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely something I will be buying again.

Psych: Complete Eighth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Psych: Complete Eighth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit Over the Top, but Ultimately Satisfying End to psych, 18 Jun. 2015
All good things must come to an end. The trick for a TV series if figuring out when that end should be. For psych, that end came with the shortened eighth season. And while some of us fans definitely think the show went on a little too long, it went out on a high note.

When last we saw our heroes, life in Santa Barbara was changing, and not for the better. Chief Vick (Kirsten Nelson) had been replaced as chief of police and head detective Carlton Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) had been demoted to beat cop. The only person the changes had helped was Juliet O'Hara (Maggie Lawson) who was now head detective. And our heroes? There was no place for consultants and especially psychics, so fake psychic Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and his best friend Gus (Dule Hill) were definitely out on their own.

But don't count them out so fast. Shawn and Gus manage to worm their way into a case when Lassiter gets great news that turns him into a coward. And when coroner Woody (Kurt Fuller) gets taken hostage, Shawn and Gus are again in the thick of things. Before the season is out, a new chief of police is named, we meet up with a recurring character in England, Shawn's dad Henry (Corbin Bernsen) sells the house where Shawn grew up, and everyone flashes back to the 1960's to solve the murder of the mayor's uncle. In one of the best episodes of the season, Shawn and Gus go undercover to find out who killed their favorite food truck owner. Trust me, this one was hilarious.

The season was mostly enjoyable, but was a bit over the top. Looking back on the show, the writers have been letting Shawn and Gus's antics get crazier and crazier as the series has progressed. They are certainly funny, and I enjoy watching them, however, they need to be reigned in at times. Many of these episodes would improve if they just didn't let the characters get quite so out of hand.

In an interesting choice, one of the first season episodes is remade. Yes, it is even set back in 2006. I watched both episodes back to back, and frankly, I'm not sure what the point was. Again, there were more antics (not necessarily a good thing, although some were amusing), and it was interesting to watch them spin things with a different killer. A few of the in jokes and stabs at remakes were certainly fun, however.

Another issue the season had was the cast. I'm not talking about the acting, which was always good. But Maggie Lawson was just some of the episodes because she had taken a job on Back in the Game on ABC. Frankly, that hurt because her character often provides some of the much needed grounding of the show. Likewise, Kristen Nelson's Chief Vick wasn't in enough episodes.

But honestly, to get a good glimpse at this season, you need to take a look at the final two episodes. The penultimate episode was "A Nightmare on State Street." I was expecting one of their horror movie spoofs with Bruce Campbell as a guest star. This episode involved zombies and a mystery that made no sense at all. Between the dreams and the reality, it was almost impossible to follow any semblance of a story.

Then there's "The Breakup." The series ender was perfect. There was a good mystery to solve as everything was brought to a close. There were some great shout outs to the fans and plenty of good moments between the characters. The final scene was possibly one of the funniest of the series. I couldn't have been happier with how it ended.

And honestly, with how this season was structured, I'm surprised it took everyone so long to officially announce this as the final season of the show. With fewer episodes than normal and an actual story arc to the season, I saw this coming months ago and felt certain of it as the season progressed. It would have been very hard to keep the series running even if they had cut out the final episode and saved it for another time. I do think they made the right call. While I enjoyed most of the season, it is time to say goodbye, and as I said, the finale was perfect.

The season includes all 10 episodes on 3 discs in their native wide screen and surround sound. Extras include some deleted scenes, a gag reel, and a podcast with various members of the cast and crew on almost every episode. The biggest surprise to me was the inclusion of the wonderful musical episode that aired back in December. It was filmed as part of season seven but held until December and then released on DVD by itself. I'm glad I waited so I can get it as part of this set. Finally, there's a behind the scenes on the musical and a goodbye featurette.

The over the top antics of Shawn and Gus were a bit too much during the final season of psych. Still, the loyal fans will be happy with these episodes and happy with how the show ends. I will definitely be rewatching several of them over the years and will gladly welcome season eight to my DVD collection.

Snow White Red-Handed (Fairy Tale Fatal Mystery)
Snow White Red-Handed (Fairy Tale Fatal Mystery)
by Maia Chance
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Dream for a Great New Series Has Come True, 17 Jun. 2015
Ophelia Flax and Prudence Bright have found themselves fired from their job as actresses half way across the Atlantic heading to England in 1867. Acting quickly, Ophelia gets herself a job as the new lady’s maid to Pearl Coop, the new wife of American millionaire Homer T. Coop. Prue is also hired as the new scullery maid. Their new job takes them to a castle in Germany’s Black Forest.

Within two weeks of their arrival, a cottage is discovered on their property that some claim belongs to the dwarfs of Snow White fame. At Pearl’s insistence, renowned fairytale scholars Winkler and Gabriel are brought in to investigate the site. Things take a shocking turn when Homer is murdered the next afternoon after taking a bite of a poisoned apple. What have Ophelia and Prue gotten themselves into?

I wasn’t quite sure what I would think of this book, but once I started to read, I was quickly hooked. The story is fast paced with some wonderful twists and turns. The story is told from Ophelia, Gabriel, and Prue’s points of view, and that added much to the end result. The ending felt a little rushed, but it was a minor complaint. The characters were solid as well.

This is a creative new cozy series that will delight lovers of fairytales and those looking for something slightly different in their cozy mysteries. Personally, I can’t wait until the next in the series is released.

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Midnight Marauder
Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Midnight Marauder
by Kathryn Kenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Mart in the Suspect Crosshairs, 17 Jun. 2015
When Trixie wakes up that Saturday morning in March, she is only worried about Reddy, the Belden family dog. He’s missing, and she feels like it is something more than him off chasing rabbits. But then her brother Mart starts acting funny. And when she and the Bob-Whites arrive at school to help with some cleanup, they find it’s been attacked by someone calling himself the Midnight Marauder.

The biggest shock comes when Trixie learns that Mart is Sergeant Molinson’s prime suspect. With the town quickly turning against teens in general because of this and other vandalism in town, Trixie’s going to have to act fact to clear her brother and find the real culprit. But who might it be?

This is definitely one of the better books in the later part of the series. Even at about 200 pages, the characters are still strong, there are some truly fun moments, and the mystery is good if a little obvious. Reading it now, it is enjoyable to see how the clues are worked into the story.

My only complaint is that Molinson would suspect Mart at all. Really? After everything the Bob-Whites have done over the course of the series? I never bought that as a teen reading it for the first time, and I still don’t buy it now.

If you are just meeting Trixie and her friends, you might be overwhelmed by the number of characters here. But if you already know and love them, you’ll enjoy this case.

Newhart: Complete Second Season [DVD] [1983] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Newhart: Complete Second Season [DVD] [1983] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars "That's One Thing About Progress. You Can't Always Tell When It's Happening.", 17 Jun. 2015
I've been waiting a long time to say this - welcome back to Vermont and the Stratford Inn. It's been six years since season 1 of Newhart was released, and I'd given up hope we'd ever see season two. But thanks to the good folks at Shout Factory, we finally got it.

This was Bob Newhart's sitcom from the 80's. In it, he played Dick Loudon, a do it yourself book writer who, along with his wife Joanna (Mary Frann) moved to Vermont to open a bed and breakfast. However, life in a small town can get rather crazy. Carrying over from season one are George (Tom Poston), the handy man at the inn, and Kirk (Steven Kampmann), owner of the Minute Man cafe next door. He is a compulsive liar who considers Dick his best friend, a sentiment that isn't shared.

There was a cast change this year. Gone is Leslie as the maid and in her place is her cousin Stephanie (Julia Duffy). Stephanie arrives after having left her new husband behind and being cut off by her family. She takes on the job of maid, something she is ill suited for. She's used to having maids, not being one. And yes, while by no means recurring, we do get to see more appearances by Larry (William Sanderson), his brother Darryl (Tony Papenfuss), and his other brother Darryl (John Voldstad).

So what happens this season? Dick gets a chance to ghost write a tell all biography for a well known actress - there's just one catch, she only works with those she's slept with. Stephanie has to face her ex-husband when he comes looking for an explanation. Her old life comes walking back into the inn when her high school boyfriend and her high school rival show up - on their honeymoon. Kirk is worried that a new restaurant will put him out of business and leans on Dick for support. In another episode, Dick's hard work to meet a deadline is frustrated by a permanent border, a miniature golf course, and George demanding a pension plan. The entire town gets invited to the inn for Thanksgiving. And Joanna mistakes the interest of a college professor.

The show was not super big on story arcs (this was the 80's after all), however, there is one that starts party way through the season. Kirk meets the woman he thinks might be the love of his life. However, he balks when he learns that Cindy (Rebecca York) is a clown. The entire arc with Cindy is not to be missed and are some of the best stories with Kirk from his two seasons on the show.

This season also introduces Michael Harris when Peter Scolari appears in two episodes as the producer for the local TV station with dreams of ratings gold and a ticket to a bigger market. He would go on to become a regular on the show for the remaining six seasons. Both of the episodes revolving around the TV station are brilliantly funny and not to be missed.

Overall, however, this season is still a step down from the greatness that would start with the next season. Don't get me wrong, there are laughs, and adding Stephanie this season certainly helps. However, she and Michael and Larry and the Darryls are the main characters people remember from the show. When the rest of that list comes on board full time (or half time in the case of the brothers), the show just gets so much stronger.

Still, as I said, there are some good laughs, especially in the episodes I high lighted above. The writers do a good job of coming up with some fun situations and witty dialogue.

The cast nails it and really delivers. Bob Newhart's sarcasm and snark is perfect here, and the rest of the cast inhabits their characters perfectly.

Unfortunately, the set could be better. We get all 22 episodes on three discs in full frame and stereo sound, which is in keeping with how they were originally broadcast. There is nothing in the way of extras, but I'm just happy to have the set. I'll take it without the extras. My disappointment with the set is the picture quality. There is quite a bit of grain and dust on it in just about every episode. Surely, it seems like they could have found some way to clean it up more. The episodes are still very watchable, however, so don't let that stop you. Just be prepared for less than perfection.

Frankly, I'll take season two however I can get it. Newhart is a great show, and it's nice to see some forward progress made on releasing this gem on DVD for the fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20