Profile for Mr. Dh Sharman > Reviews

Content by Mr. Dh Sharman

Mr. Dh Sharman "deblekkenpot" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dell Inspiron 6400 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery (Genuine)
Dell Inspiron 6400 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery (Genuine)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a genuine product., 23 Dec 2011
I purchased this battery as a replacement for my Inspiron 6400 early in 2010. Within months, the battery pack had simply given up.

I can find no Dell trademark on the battery, and the inbuilt charge checker on the battery underside does not work. I would suggest that this battery is a recycled part, with poor quality replacement cells inside.

I very rarely leave reviews as negative as this, but this battery was in the higher price range. I really would avoid this. My advice would be to pay for a genuine part direct from Dell.

ProShine Spray and Shine 1 Litre
ProShine Spray and Shine 1 Litre
Offered by Netparts

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: ProShine Spray and Shine 1 Litre
This product is simply amazing. Its use of wax rather than silicone, means that after use, a good firm layer of wax is laid down on the paintwork of your car. Dirt and water just slide off, and the finish is simply stunning. I can clean my car in as little as 20 minutes, and always get a showroom shine. I'm very impressed. As stated by another reviewer on here, I spray the car panel by panel, use a microfibre cloth to spread it evenly across the surface, then leave it to dry as I work my way around the car. Then I use another dry cloth to buff to a shine.

Used in accordance with the instructions, no scratches were imparted into the paint. I do suggest two things, though:

1. always use a microfibre cloth, because if you do, all the dirt goes between the fibres and is lifted away from the paint surface;

2. if the car is extremely dirty, then my instinct would be to rinse the car first to get the worst of the muck off before using this product.

Other than that, I will never use water and shampoo to wash my car again - so good is this product. Highly recommended.

Samsung BX2450 24 inch widescreen Series 50 LED Monitor (5000000:1, 250cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI (Charcoal Grey)) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate!, 14 April 2011
We bought this monitor as our main TV screen, because we have a twin-tuner PVR which means we don't need a TV with a tuner in. This saved us money, and we used some of the money saved to have a higher-specified monitor, such as this. The 2ms response time (the 5ms description here is wrong), and the twin HDMI inputs, means we can not only connect our PVR, but we can also connect our Blu-Ray/DVD player as well; and it worked perfectly out of the box.

It's worth pointing out that this monitor does not have speakers, but that isn't a problem for us, because we route the audio through the Hi-Fi system.

Colours are natural, and motion is tracked very well, without any smearing. The touch menu is a joy to use, actually, and it only takes a few minutes to get the hang of it. There is little noise, and black levels are very good and, in general, we are very pleased with it.

It looks very smart too, and it will fit in with most domestic environments.

So, if you want an alternative to a bog-standard telly, and have an external tuner (such as a PVR, Sky Plus or Virgin Media box, and sound system, get one of these. You can't go wrong! Definitely recommended.

Neet® Black Line - 1m - HDMI to HDMI Cable - HIGH-SPEED with Ethernet and Audio Return Channel - v1.4 - HEAC - 3D - 15.2Gbps - ADVANCED HDMI 1.4 LEAD
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless!, 14 April 2011
These are excellent HDMI cables, with seem to transmit information with clarity. TV pictures and Blu-Ray/DVD pictures are faultless. They are beautifully made and constructed which gives them a premium feel, and I am also pleased about the minimal packaging, which is kinder to the environment. These cables are as good as the more expensive alternatives, which makes them excellent value for money. Highly recommended.

Neet® - 1m - TOSlink Digital Optical Audio Cable - LightWave DT4 pro FLX lead - SPDIF - Precision Digital Audio
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 April 2011
This is an excellent optical connector. I can't compare it to some of the more expensive cables on offer, but it seems to send data between my hi-fi components (some of which is Naim), and I can't fault them. Recommended.

Duronic White 2m CAT6a FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6a / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars A superior ethernet cable, 14 April 2011
This cable is of a good quality, and data transmission is very good. I particularly recommend it for connecting home network components together. Altogether, very good and I recommend it.

JML Mantis Instant Shine Waterless Cleaner & Gloss Booster
JML Mantis Instant Shine Waterless Cleaner & Gloss Booster

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Mar 2011
This product does exactly what is says it does. I've been using this on my car for about six months now and it's superb. The following is worthy of note:

1. When used as directed, this cleaner does not scratch the paint at all, and leaves a spectacular finish, especially after using it a few times;

2. It is easy to use, and requires no water, such that it's easy to carry in the car with you on trips away so the car always looks clean;

3. The finish repels water and further dirt;

4. I have also used it around the home (on glossy kitchen cabinets, for example) with similarly impressive results.

I don't recommend you use this product, though, if the car is extremely dirty, for example after being driven on salted winter roads. In such situation, you really cannot beat a bucket of car shampoo and a sponge! However, for most seasons, this product is just the ticket. It saves on the water bills and gives excellent results. Recommended

G5-Online HTC Desire HD Orange SUPREME Protective Gel Case Skin + Free Screen Protector + Free Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 1 Feb 2011
I like this Gel Cover. Unlike a lot of silicone covers, this cover is of a better quality. It's stiffer than the cheaper covers, and it's cut very accurately. It sits well on the phone and, combined with the screen protector supplied, keeps the phone in good condition. Recommended

Modern-Tech Dual Desktop Cradle/ Dock Charger for HTC Desire HD
Modern-Tech Dual Desktop Cradle/ Dock Charger for HTC Desire HD
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 Feb 2011
This stand, while not heavyweight in design, is more than adequate for the Desire HD. The integral USB cable is particularly convenient and in use with the desk clock function enabled, the phone and stand looked very smart. I haven't used the second battery charger so can't comment on its effectiveness.

The quality isn't the best, but for normal use it's more than adequate and it does the job well.

Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 29 Dec 2010
We are very pleased with this vacuum cleaner. I'm not going to repeat all the virtues that others have posted on here, other than to say we agree with them!

We particularly liked the turbo tool, a powered brush head. It came in very handy for cleaning upholstered furniture, as these are often difficult to brush down. Often the dust comes out of upholstery, and ends up all over everything else! Not so with the turbo tool.

Also, the six year guarantee gives peace of mind, and the delivery through City Link was very good.

All in all, excellent value for money and we can't recommend it enough.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2011 3:06 PM BST