Profile for Mr. Dh Sharman > Reviews

Content by Mr. Dh Sharman

Mr. Dh Sharman "deblekkenpot" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
UNISEX SLIPPERS FLIP FLOP HOME BEACH SUMMER HOLIDAY MULES HOME COMFORT UK WEAR Fusion(TM) (8, Black)
Offered by Fusion Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 May 2016
Very good flip-flops. Slightly narrow fit, just so you are aware.

Upgraded Doogee X5 Pro 4G FDD-LTE 5 inch MT6735 64Bit Quad Core Android 5.1 Dual Sim Dual Camera 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 OTG OTA GPRS Smart Gestures Support Smart Phone (Black)
Offered by Oxford Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial review: pretty amazing for such a cheap phone!, 24 May 2016
Last week my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, after some three years, finally packed up and was irreparable. Money is tight at the moment, so I couldn't afford a like-for-like replacement and decided that this phone, even if it only lasts twelve months or so, would see me through to financially better times. I looked at the brilliant reviews and decided to give it a go and order one. It is very well made, with an amazing screen, audio performance, and is very fast. The real acid test will be to see how it lasts. I'll keep you posted.

Loop Energy Saver Gas & Electricity monitors with built in tariff tracker
Loop Energy Saver Gas & Electricity monitors with built in tariff tracker

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 5 Feb. 2016
This is an excellently designed product. With no instructions in the box and only a getting started guide printed on the outside of the box, you simply log on to the website and follow the instructions. The instructions are clear and unambiguous, and it only took about ten minutes or so to get the sensors installed and up and running.

Information on the website is clear and easy to understand, so much so that this will appeal to a wide range of users with varying abilities and aptitudes. In use, I was presented with a clear graph detailing how I use gas and electricity and the costs involved and I found it fascinating. Already it is changing my behaviour in terms of my energy use, and I am sure it will save me money in the medium to long term. I will report back when I have more experience of using it.

AGPtEK A02 70 Hours Music Playback MP3 Lossless Sound Entry Hi-Fi 8GB Music Player (Supports up to 64GB, SD/TF Card is not included in the package)Dark Blue
Offered by Linking Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 5 Feb. 2016
I bought this as a gift, but listened to it myself and, for the money paid, it is excellent. Audio quality is very good and the battery seems to last a long time.

Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 5 Feb. 2016
Solidly constructed surge protector with two convenient USB sockets for charging devices, or providing power. I used this to protect my modem-router, and to provide power to two home automation hubs thus dispensing with the plug-in USB adaptors. Recommended.

Energenie Remote Control Sockets (Pack of 4)
Energenie Remote Control Sockets (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good., 10 Oct. 2015
I bought these to control lighting in our living room, and we wanted the "switch on the wall" convenience of operating our plug-in lamps, as opposed to ferreting around for hidden sockets!

I noticed that the button cell in the remote control unit was protected with a pull-out plastic strip, and the cell was fully functional so it seems as though some of the criticisms from other reviewers have been addressed. That said, the remote control unit doesn't appear to be particularly well made as it looks as if it was thrown together, which is a shame as the product is well-designed.

The system uses radio waves, as opposed to infra-red, so there isn't a need for the sensor to see the remote, and this is particularly helpful where sockets are hidden.

Setting up was easy and uneventful. You just plug the socket into a wall outlet, check for the flashing LED, and press one of the four switches on the remote. The LED goes out and the socket remains programmed for that particular button. They can be reprogrammed at any time, and the settings remain in the socket's memory even if you remove it from the wall outlet.

In use, they have proved to be reliable without so much as a glitch. I do recommend these, although the manufacturer needs to address the issue of the poor quality remote.

Intex 66718 Raised Queen Air bed with Built in Electric Pump
Intex 66718 Raised Queen Air bed with Built in Electric Pump
Offered by activeleisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bed, 12 Jun. 2015
We bought this bed as a replacement for another Intex air bed that failed after only four weeks. Comparing this airbed that was sold by Amazon to the previous item that was sold by a trader and fulfilled by Amazon seems to show a difference in quality. The Amazon-sold bed was much better made, whereas the other appeared to have construction faults, such as the rear panel had been poorly aligned in the factory. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about that.

If this bed lasts, then that will help of course, but it is easily pumped up and is very comfortable to sleep on.

The Wave [DVD] [2008]
The Wave [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jürgen Vogel
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most disturbing films that I have seen ..., 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Wave [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
One of the most disturbing films that I have seen for a very, very long time. A chilling insight into our deepest frailties and shortcomings, and hidden evils that are part of the human condition. A touch melodramatic in places although it doesn't detract from the film's overall message, that shared values should only embrace kindness, compassion, tolerance, courage and humility. In the final analysis, nothing else comes close to these universal values. This film acts as a warning as to the consequences of forgetting these.

Severin Titanium Coffee Maker, Black
Severin Titanium Coffee Maker, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Tasty Coffee!!, 16 Sept. 2014
At last! A mug of really hot, flavourful coffee first thing in the morning. My previous device was pretty hopeless at keeping coffee warm which is why I replaced it with this. The machine is intended for the EU market, especially Germany and this brand isn't distributed in the UK from what I could see. Originally manufactured with an EU (Schuko) plug, the German supplier fits an adapter for the UK so it's pretty much ready for use.

It's easy to use, the filter basket being easily accessible on a swing-out hinge, and the drip stop actually works properly (unlike my previous coffeemaker). The glass jug is such that the cover is permanently attached and is cleaned by rinsing under the tap and drying with a tea-towel. Because of the design, though, you can't really put it in the dishwasher but it's not a dealbreaker and only takes a few seconds to rinse and dry.

Brewing is really fast. In fact the whole jug is ready within about five minutes or so which is really impressive for such a machine. The coffee is also brewed at the correct temperature and the resulting drink is really lovely; and it's hot - very hot!

For the price I paid, it really is superb value for money and is much better than even the filter machines in John Lewis or similar shops. I really do wholeheartedly recommend this.

Coleman 33 L Xtreme Hard Cool Box
Coleman 33 L Xtreme Hard Cool Box

5.0 out of 5 stars The best out there., 11 Aug. 2014
We used this for the very first time very recently. I pre-chilled the cool box for a couple of days beforehand with 2 litre bottles of frozen water, then packed with food and drink before topping off with two bags of ice that you can buy from the supermarket for a pound. This was on the Thursday. We went to a festival and it was really hot at times, with the coolbox remaining in the boot of the car where it was even hotter - temperatures of 25C during the day and even hotter in the car.

Three days later, about 30% of the ice remained and I am convinced that ice would have remained after five days. The food in there was in perfect condition, very cool, with no evidence of spoilage. No other coolbox or coolbag that I've tried ever comes close to this in terms of performance.

The box is large, without a doubt, and the walls are thick so the capacity isn't as big as you would expect. Yet despite this, we had enough food for three days and it fitted into the back of our small Skoda Fabia hatchback along with our tent and all the other stuff we needed. The drain worked really well and kept our food from swimming in melted ice.

I recommend this box wholeheartedly. You won't be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6