Profile for Gent > Reviews

Gent (New Jersey)

Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion
Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion
by Ben Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars What you might be looking for the (re) design of our website, 10 Aug. 2011
I bought a copy of Ben Hunt's "Convert" because I know his work and because I had read his previous book "Save the pixel".

I was expecting what I actually was going to discover.

I read it. And then I ordered 3 copies. And later I ordered another 4 copies...I gave it to all of my team members and to the people I am working with in the re-design of our new website.

For a long time I had been wondering on whether there was a more scientific way on how to design websites in order to make them more effective to the purpose they were designed for in the first place (sales, lead generation etc.).

How does a web agency choose the look-and-feel, the information architecture, the navigation layers etc.

Ben Hunt explains that the "best guess" approach, which is the common approach, is not the best possible approach. That there is a better approach, that of Multiplicity, that he explains how to implement step by step in the book.

There is a very close relationship between site content design and market segment that is being addressed. Hence more business opportunities can be exploited and make the site more profitable with the right design.

With "Convert" one learns how to design starting from the purpose of the website in order to find out the right design.

It is a highly useful book non only to designers but especially to small on-line business owners interested in increasing their ROI.