Profile for Mumma > Reviews

Content by Mumma

Mumma

The Leftovers Handbook: A-Z of Every Ingredient In Your Kitchen with Inspirational Ideas For Using Them
by Suzy Bowler
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The Leftovers Handbook, 26 Jun 2013
"Inspirational"!
Suzy Bowler's "Leftovers Handbook" is an inspirational encyclopedia of ingredients.
Written in an intelligent witty way, it inspires not just how to rejuvenate your leftover meals, but also gives fresh, new and interesting ideas for all the contents of your store cupboard and fridge to create delicious dishes.
I had only got to the A's before I was inspired to go out and buy anchovies so I could make the anchovy croutons.
This book is brimming with food facts, handy hints, recipies, tips and ideas from Ailoi to Zucchini and everything in-between.
A valuable addition to any kitchen.

100+ Luscious Ice Creams without a Machine ...: ... or much Time or Effort or having to Mash the Stuff as it Freezes! (Suzy Bowler's Key Recipes)
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush Ice Cream without a Machine........, 19 Dec 2012
I bought this book as my son has a raw egg allergy and with this little gem he can eat them all!
I made the coffee ice cream which involved making a coffee syrup which worked perfectly and was delicious.
I have also made the mincemeat and brandy icecream which is going to be served with our christmas pud if it lasts that long; it is simply divine...
The book is written in a witty, quirky way which is a joy to read.
My only gripe would be the amounts which don't match the regular 397g tins of condensed
milk so I had to use my brain to work it out.
I will certainly look out for more books by Suzy Bowler.