Profile for straw panda > Reviews

straw panda (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Andrex Moist Refill Toilet Tissue 42 Sheets - Pack of 12
Andrex Moist Refill Toilet Tissue 42 Sheets - Pack of 12

1.0 out of 5 stars No wipes of any description should ever be flushed down a toilet, 23 Jan. 2016
No wipes of any description should EVER be flushed down a toilet, whatever the manufacturer claims. If you don't believe me try putting these words in a search engine: 'toilet wipes blocking drains'.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2016 7:18 AM GMT

E44 - Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery (096)
E44 - Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery (096)
Offered by PureDrive Batteries Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The only type I buy, 1 Oct. 2015
I've just replaced the one I fitted 6 years ago with another one exactly the same.

Fatmax 12 Piece Screwdriver Set
Fatmax 12 Piece Screwdriver Set

5.0 out of 5 stars As others have said this is a good set of screwdrivers that offer value for money – ..., 6 Dec. 2014
As others have said this is a good set of screwdrivers that offer value for money – and yes the case is a bit flimsy. A little tip I discovered this evening is that the smallest flat screwdriver is the perfect size to tighten the loose screws in my reading glasses. I'd tried many times with a set of jeweller's screwdrivers and could never find one that fitted.

D21 - Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery (075)
D21 - Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery (075)
Offered by Battery Megastore

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these batteries, 13 Oct. 2014
I love these batteries. I have one in my Saab (E44) that's still going strong 5 years later. I got it for my Saab 9000 (petrol) and transferred it to my Saab 9-5 (diesel) when I swapped cars, that was a good move :-) When that goes I will get exactly the same one again. I've always thought it's a false economy to skimp on a car battery - no battery, no car! This time round I've bought a D21 for my wife's Fiesta (2009, petrol), it seems to be the biggest one that will fit in the battery holder, I think £53.50 (inc. delivery) was a fair price.

Manfrotto Pro Soft Shell Jacket for Man - XS/BB
Manfrotto Pro Soft Shell Jacket for Man - XS/BB

4.0 out of 5 stars At this price it's a good buy, for myself I might go to double ..., 7 Oct. 2014
I saw a men's XS at a low price (£25.65) so I bought it for my wife, guessing the zip being on the wrong side would be acceptable. It is. At this price it's a good buy, for myself I might go to double that, but no more - certainly not into three figures or thereabouts. It looks good and I like the reinforcing on the shoulders to resist abrasion from camera straps. As for pockets, it's not bad but it's not a true photo vest. On the outside there are two pockets with zips for hands/gloves etc. There are two small chest pockets with mesh linings. Inside, there are four quite deep pockets, two quite strong lower ones that should take some heavier items and some wear and tear, two higher ones with mesh linings suitable for fairly bulky but not heavy items. It's made in China and is not unlike a Gore Windstopper jacket I have. It has a nice little Manfrotto badge below the collar, there is no hood. Buy it yes, but only at the right price, imho.

Toner Cartridge For EPSON ACULASER M2000 M2000D M2010D High Yield 8000 Pgs
Toner Cartridge For EPSON ACULASER M2000 M2000D M2010D High Yield 8000 Pgs

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with mine, 14 July 2014
At this price you can't go wrong, I'm happy with mine.

Wooden Plant or Garden Dibber
Wooden Plant or Garden Dibber
Offered by Garden Gear

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear :-(, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Wooden Plant or Garden Dibber
My dog thought it was a stick to chew ... other than that I think the handle part would benefit from being longer.

Bahco P51 - professionalHedge Shear 22in
Bahco P51 - professionalHedge Shear 22in

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some decent shears, 19 Jun. 2014
I had been making do with two old pairs of shears, one very old that simply didn't work very well, another cheap pair that somebody gave me that worked quite well for about 5 minutes and then needed to be tightened. I took advice from Fred's Shed and here and got the Bahcos. What a revelation! They are light, very sharp and a joy to use. Needless to say the old pairs have gone, I took great pleasure in giving them away. If I'm going to garden, and not pay a gardener, then I'm going to buy decent tools to do it more efficiently.

Am-Tech 3lb Hoe Head
Am-Tech 3lb Hoe Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed by this tool, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Am-Tech 3lb Hoe Head (DIY & Tools)
My wife asked me to buy this and the matching handle and I have to say that I am now impressed. I can dig a lot of ground in a short time, it's very simple and it works. To secure the head to the shaft I tapped them together with a lump hammer and then left the head submerged in water overnight. The shaft seems expensive but you do need it as it's oversize, fits the head and gives you confidence if you're levering a tough root or stone from underneath.

Bosch Rotak 43 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (43 cm Cutting Width)
Bosch Rotak 43 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (43 cm Cutting Width)

5.0 out of 5 stars My best mower to date, 9 Jun. 2014
I was wondering about a mower and saw this on a half-price deal, so it was then a no-brainer. I found the cuttings box and handles went together in reasonable time, about 20 minutes. It's a question of looking at the diagrams carefully, taking your time and not forcing anything. Once in use I like the adjustable cutting height and the low noise. The box is a bit fiddly to empty but not serious. The whole mower is quite long so I had to rearrange my shed a bit. Overall I think this is a very good machine and easily worth the £87 I paid for it. No more scalping!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4