Profile for Pete > Reviews

Content by Pete

Pete "Smiles" (Birmingham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
So Beautiful Or So What
So Beautiful Or So What

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: So Beautiful Or So What (Audio CD)
This is just one seriously beautiful set of songs. It also contains one of his best songs (in my opinion): Questions for the Angels (with the gorgeous instrumental 'Amulet' just before it.)

Thank you, Paul, because this album has made 2012 make a lot more sense.

Classic Album Selection [Audio CD] The Jam
Classic Album Selection [Audio CD] The Jam

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Dec 2012
This is such a great buy.I love having mini-versions of the original albums and every one of them is a pure classic (album art & music). The CDs sound great, too, and yes I really like the box they come in.

(Got every album twice, now. Ah well, ...It's The Jam so there's no bad anywhere!)

Comes A Time
Comes A Time

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Beautiful Music, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Comes A Time (Audio CD)
I've loved this album since back in the eighties. It's very close to my heart. Good wooden music with really intelligent and human lyrics. It won't sound good in rush-hour traffic but when you do get chance to relax in a good place, then this is the one.

Vanishing Point
Vanishing Point
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pure Masterpiece, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vanishing Point (Audio CD)
This is somewhere beyond excellent and every year it sounds better and better (just finished listening to the whole album on my Denon headphones, in fact, and it was like hearing it new all over again.)

2013 Moleskine Desk Diary
2013 Moleskine Desk Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Dec 2012
I use these every year and they're a real sanity saver, plus it's made me much more efficient (and it looks great, too.) I'd crack-up if I didn't have one, nowadays.

My Uncle Silas - The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
My Uncle Silas - The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Albert Finney

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov 2012
Just watching this (first three episodes) and they're great. Albert Finney is just perfectly cast as Silas and the whole show exudes a pastoral warmth that just takes you somewhere really nice, but also a somewhere that makes you think too (stories with heart and stories with brains). I bought my edition from the US but it's great to see it's out in the UK at last. It deserves to be much more widely known.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2014 2:08 PM BST

An End Has a Start
An End Has a Start
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars All Over Again, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: An End Has a Start (Audio CD)
I loved this album when it was released and I'm in love with it all over again. It's stunning, real and so full of rich music and imagery that it's a new experience every time I listen to it. Pretty much perfect, in short.

Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Drew Goddard

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 4 Nov 2012
Really original and there was no way I expected that ending. It was a really different trip that I greatly enjoyed. It was also a really cleverly constructed blend of styles. I went into thinking that it wasn't a horror movie at all, but rather a sci-fi (ish) drama (as I'd seen the trailer, which focused on the hi-tech aspect); I was both right and wrong, to my delight.

Seventh Moon [DVD]
Seventh Moon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Smart
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Seventh Moon [DVD] (DVD)
An excellent film if you like movies filmed on a pogo stick (extremely shaky!)and filmed mainly in eye-straining shadows and darkness. It actually managed to make my eyes hurt. I really thought this was going to be good but it turned out to be horrific in all the wrong ways.

The Walking Dead Book 8 HC
The Walking Dead Book 8 HC
by Robert Kirkman

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 30 Sep 2012
This was okay but mainly focused on relationships, finding other communities and the need for a farm. A little unexciting to say the least. The poor old walking dead barely get a look in before they're quickly dispatched.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 7:09 PM BST