Profile for Mrs. E. L. Johnston > Reviews

Content by Mrs. E. L. Joh...

Mrs. E. L. Johnston "Ulstergirl" (N. Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
EXPANDING GARDEN HOSE PIPE As seen on TV 50FT
EXPANDING GARDEN HOSE PIPE As seen on TV 50FT
Offered by EastWharf
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could use it ?! ! then Wish I hadn't bothered !, 6 May 2014
This hose is what I wanted ok (I've had one before) - problem is I can't use the blooming thing because the fitting that is on the end which connects to my outside tap won't fit. My tap is your ordinary common or garden tap with screw type threads at the end and this hose has one of those male/female type connectors. I had sent away for a 5 piece hose connection kit thinking that surely one of the bits would join my tap to the hose but no, none do. I emailed the seller who "helpfully" suggested I contact the manufacturer (I thought I was doing). I didn't have this trouble with my last one. So, if any helpful person could explain to me what I need to connect this hose on to my screw threaded tap I would be eternally grateful.

UPDATE - few months later

Well I finally got the hose to fit on my tap thanks to a friend showing me how and without the aid of an additional connector but she has stronger hands. However, I have come to the conclusion after some use that you are better off buying an authentic "X" hose which is now on 2nd generation and which I am about to do from a good deal on a shopping channel which includes adaptor, over the tap holder and a better spray gun. While using this cheapo version I have had kinks where the end of the hose I'm using gets no water and goes all gathered up again. It also leaks badly from the tap end where I keep the pressure on fairly low as I can see the end shooting off the tap which is what happened upon trying it out and my friend and I got soaked. It is most definitely not an "X" hose but a cheap rip-off version. Don't waste your money.

The Silence of Strangers
The Silence of Strangers
by Audrey Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read in years !, 22 Sep 2013
A big Audrey Howard fan and without doubt this is one of her very best, I didn't want it to end. The eternal love triangle where there is never a happy ending. Very enlightening and shocking to learn about the conditions that women and very young children endured down the mines all in the name of coal, so much unfairness too like the poor children's wages being paid to their "hewer" - the man who actually hewed the coal out of the seams of rock and who could drink away the child's fortnight's wage in a matter of hours. Unbelievable ! Such a strong character in Nella who would need every ounce she possessed to deal with what life throws at her. Brilliant, brilliant book !

5.0 out of 5 stars No Brainer !, 25 May 2013
When you compare the price of these to the cheapest supermarket brands - roughly 75p/80p for 6 (and don't even get me started about the usual "branded" one that most people think of) which is approx 2 for 6 - this is definitely a no brainer ! Even allowing for P&P my stash cost me 4p per tablet - so win win ! They arrived well before their expected delivery date and I will definitely be ordering this way again. As someone who has to deal with IBS (d) intermittently this is such good value, I have better things to spend my money on than over priced branded medicine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 6:24 PM BST

Secrets Of A Whitby Girl
Secrets Of A Whitby Girl
by Jessica Blair
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly 1st class read, 22 April 2012
Just finished this book and as I sometimes do mosied over to Amazon to see what other people thought of it. Thoroughly agree with the one other positive review here, this was, as expected from Jessica Blair and her Whitby books - a truly great read. I thought the family were anything but boring - and there were a few twists & turns along the way. It was also nice to hear it from the point of view of one of the family who survived into old age. The hardships endured by the whalers surviving an Artic winter are vividly brought home to the reader and I was particularly engrossed at these points. Nice to know the severe and staid Victorian father also mellowed somewhat. Highly recommend this book.
I am off to my virtual library now to reserve some more of this brilliant author's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just that little bit different !, 21 Oct 2010
I absolutely love my laptop bag from Olliepops. I wanted one that wasn't too boring but wasn't too bright either and this fits the bill. It is well made and sturdy, plenty of pockets for all the bits and bobs one needs when using a laptop/netbook - charging cables, mouse, dongles etc. The laptop is held securely inside by two velcro straps and a padded insert which you can adjust by velcro to hold securely your particular width of machine.
Anybody who has seen my bag has commented on it - finally, the price is very reasonable , I didn't need to and/or couldn't justify spending any more on one.
Excellent buy !

5.0 out of 5 stars Little but lovely !, 11 April 2010
Yes I know this is a very small tin (8 ml) but if you are addicted to lip balms (which I am) and love vintage advertising (which I do) then you will love this little pot of rose scented balm. It is simply gorgeous to look at and lovely to use ! Recommended.

Corel Paint Shop Pro X
Corel Paint Shop Pro X
by David Huss

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite basic, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (Paperback)
Fairly good book if you have no idea what Paint Shop Pro X does, but I was actually looking for a more detailed guide.

La Cafetiere Parisienne Cappucino Cup and Saucer x 2
La Cafetiere Parisienne Cappucino Cup and Saucer x 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 30 Aug 2009
I was looking for a plain but stylish cappucino cup & saucer set and I found it with these. They come well packaged and on using them I found the handle comfortable to hold and the cup sits well in the saucer. Just what I was looking for !!

Nigella Bites: Christmas special
Nigella Bites: Christmas special
Dvd ~ Brian Rawlinson

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 22 May 2009
Had no trouble playing this at all on both my combi-TV and my dvd player.

Logic3 Slim & Lite Armour Case and Stand (PSP)
Logic3 Slim & Lite Armour Case and Stand (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection, 21 April 2009
Did a lot of research before I bought a case for my PSP and glad I went with this one, hugs your PSP very neatly and I can't imagine my console getting damaged whilst in this. Excellent product and the second Logic3 product I have bought and been more than pleased with.

Page: 1 | 2