ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

Profile for Alan Haines > Reviews

Content by Alan Haines

Alan Haines

Ricco P18 MINI DSP 2.0 Channel Aluminium Portable Travel Speaker with BUILT-IN BATTERY and SD MEMORY CARD READER upto 16GB Compatible with ANY 3.5mm Audio Line-in Device mobile phones mp3 players iPhone 3GS 4 iPad iPod Nano Touch Classic 3G G3 G4 G5 (1xBLACK)
Offered by Gadget Express
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ricco P18 Mini travel speaker, 21 May 2013
This Travel Speaker is one of the best I have seen and used. I read the reviews and some slated this speaker. Something told me to ignore them buy this speaker. I was so right it is a great buy. To start with its a real travel speaker, its solid and the cones are protected with a metal grill, unlike some of the other travel speakers available. It looks good and only weighs 310g comes with a matching travel sleeve and leads. The leads are also better quality than most of the travel speakers I have tried, one thing to remember and watch out for when you make your choice. ;-) Some spealkers look good \ designer look but they are not suited for travel. The Ricco P18 Mini DSP 2.0 Channel Aluminium Portable travel speaker is ideal for travel and I also use it about the house.The SD slot is a great feature as a backup should your music device goes down. Charging is via a usb lead you can charge from any USB device laptop \ phone charger. The battery lasts for me about 4 hours then needs a charge. As for the sound quality, its a travel speaker not a high end audio device. Having said this the sound is very good, crisp and clear even at higher volumes. Don't turn it up to high though as it rattles the speakers. More to the point it only cost me 20. I view it as my best small buy of the year so far. Just remember its a TRAVEL SPEAKER not a Rolls Royce. :-)

The Racketeer
The Racketeer
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Racketeer, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this read. Its a quality story. Anyone who enjoyes legal storylines will conect with the book no problem. Im reading more.

Now That's What I Call Music! 84
Now That's What I Call Music! 84

4.0 out of 5 stars Music music music, 21 May 2013
Great veriety of music and worth the cost its value for money I got all the tracks I wanted and enjoyed listening to the rest.

The Partner
The Partner
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Partner, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Partner (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book however the ending was a bit naff. I just wanted a happy ending. having said this I still enjoyed the read and will read more from John Grisham.

Windows 8 - The Complete Guide
Windows 8 - The Complete Guide
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8, 21 May 2013
I bought this guide because I was new to windows 8.I was put off Windows 8 because of the negitive reviews on the net. This guide taught me that Windows 8 is just techie progress not always thought out but it is just a different kind of operating system and we have to accept change and relearn as we continue to use computers. There is always a work around if you dont like features in Windows 8. The guide is a bit to much into windows OS history and also the comparison between older windows versions. However, hang in there, the guide is good and gives you a very good grounding to get you started using Windows 8 and also encourages you to read more about the more advanced features of Windows 8. It is a good guide and value for money.

Black Hold Ups Lace Top Supersoft with Lycra 70 Denier With Silicon Bands
Black Hold Ups Lace Top Supersoft with Lycra 70 Denier With Silicon Bands
Offered by Holywood
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Black lace top stockings 70 Denier, 21 May 2013
They work for my girlfriend and they work for me ;-) last longer than sheer stockings and are very good quality and inexpensive to.

Gipsy 1042 Luxury Opaque 50 denier tights black small 5'0"-5'4", hip 34"-38"
Gipsy 1042 Luxury Opaque 50 denier tights black small 5'0"-5'4", hip 34"-38"
Offered by Tights Tights Tights.
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gipsy 1042 Luxury Opaque 50 denier tights, 21 May 2013
Item bought for my girlfriend honest :-) She prefers opaque stockings but I bought this item in error, dah!! me, however she likes them and wears them to her work.

Frankie Says Relax T Shirt - Mens / Unisex White Loose Fit tshirt (X Large)
Frankie Says Relax T Shirt - Mens / Unisex White Loose Fit tshirt (X Large)
Offered by Fonfella
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Frankie says relax, 21 May 2013
Bought for a 8o's party good quality product washes well. It was also the cheapest on the net some companies were asking 50 for the same T shirt. This purchase was value for money.

Philips AS351 Docking Speaker for Android - Bluetooth or Mini USB Connection
Philips AS351 Docking Speaker for Android - Bluetooth or Mini USB Connection

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips AS351 Docking station for Android, 21 May 2013
Firstly dont be put off by the negitive reviews regarding the software for this docking station you don't need to use the app / software SUGGESTED to use the speaker etc. It works straight from the box. The AS351 is very easy to use and is ideal for smaller homes / rooms. The top of the range model Philips AS851/10 is more suited to larger rooms and also if you require better audio quality. Having said this the AS351 Docking station sounds great and it fits on a bedside cabinet really well. I think it is also suitable for a living room situation for its small size it gives of great sound quailty. I've tried several andriod phones and they all fit the only issue I have is that my HTC Wildfire S has a side USB slot and the the phone lies on its side when attached to the dock this will soon not be a problem as I'm changing my phone to a Samsung S3 the AS351 usb dock is fully adjustable to fit most Android phones as advertised. The Philips AS351 looks good, sounds great and is value for money.