Profile for Mr. Gavin J. Gibson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Gavin J. G...

Mr. Gavin J. Gibson (Middlesex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Excelvan LED Easy-to-read Digital Alarm Clock Radio with Battery Backup, FM radio station, Sleep & Snooze Functions(Grey)
Offered by Oxford Street

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems well made, with a clear display.(See both edits since making the initial review), 7 Jun. 2016
EDIT 24TH JUNE 2016

I did take the plunge and decided to order another clock but surprise surprise it's exactly the same, the display remains lit when using the back up battery and it does state in the instructions that it will not be visable on this battery back up.
The problem with this is it's a real battery drainage hog and I had it off the mains for about 20 minutes and it used 1 volt of a excellent quality alkaline battery, I had tested the voltage before putting it in the clock so that's how come I know about this drop.
I have sent an email once again to oxford street to advise them this needs looking into and also if a design change has now been implemented then this should now be stated in the instructions that the display will remain lit using the back up battery alone plus this should be stated on the products item page.
I am returning it once again now and just wanted to let other buyers know about this problem, after all I would hate for other's to go through what I have had to endure.
My original review is at the bottom and as well as this edit dated 24th June, there is also my first edit to the review just underneath this one.

EDIT 18TH JUNE 2016

From my review which is below, I noticed that when the power was turned off at the mains the clock display was still lit, but according to the instructions the display would not be illuminated during a power outage but when it's restored the back up battery would keep the time, as mine was displaying the time on battery only I contacted oxford street who sells it and Amazon fulfills who advised I return it and as I was worried about getting another with a similar problem I have decided to buy another make.
Hopefully this was just a one off as other reviewers seem to be pleased with their's, so to ammend my score I have reduded it down to three stars but still would say it's a nice clock and worth a try after all if mine was faulty then yours should be ok, fingers crossed.
Using a high quality well named brand of 9v battery, and Alkaline industrial it had dropped 1 volt in 3 days !
--------------------------------------------------Original review below --------------------------------------------------------------------

This alarm clock radio has nice clear digits which can be easily read at an angle or across the room and also the brightness is just right, it seems well made and I brought it just for the clock and I doubt I will use the radio or alarm function but at a later date you never know.
It's easy to set up and has a battery back up in case the power supply is interpreted which takes a 9v battery and isn't supplied with the clock, In the instructions it states that as it's a back up to keep the time in the event of a power failure the display when it's using the battery will not be shown until the power is restored.
But mine when just using the battery shows the time just like if it was connected to the mains, and to make certain that it was working correctly I disconnected the battery while it was plugged in and the time was still displayed, I then unplugged it and tried just the battery on it's own and again the time was displayed so it seems to be working fine.
The reason I deducted one star was because of the stupid length of the wire given inside the battery compartment, it's about half an inch and trying to get the battery connected is very fiddly and I'm questioning the durability of this connection and the wire after repeated use.
The wire at full extent in the compartment as stated is about half of an inch which isn't much at all and I can see this being fractured at some point so care and attention has to be taken when replacing a new 9v battery.
So far this seems to be the only problem yet and as I haven't used the alarm or radio I cannot comment on these, but neverless even with the short wire inside the battery compartment I still would recommend this clock to other buyers.

Coin Pusher Free - Fun Dozer Drop Games For Kingdom Party Mania
Coin Pusher Free - Fun Dozer Drop Games For Kingdom Party Mania

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014, 29 May 2016
I didn't even get to play this game via Amazon underground as it's stuck in a loop of in game advertising, get rid of that then it's the coin store, come out of that and once again your back to in game advertising and so on.
This looked a good game but due to the constant loop I am unable to play it.
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 tablet.
I did try clearing cookies and the cache and restarting but this didn't help.

Cayman Fitness Premium Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle. BPA Free, Will Not Sweat or Leak. Keeps Drinks Hot for 12 Hours and Cold for 24. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Offered by Cayman Products Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A great double insulated water bottle, 30 April 2016
This is fantastic, it holds just under 500ml and from new I did find that it had a slight metalic taste so I used a 50/50 ratio of white vinegar to cold water, filled it up and left it overnight with the cap off.
In the morning give it a few rinses and a warm water wash with some washing up liquid and the metalic taste has disappeared, I find that if you are using it for cold water then it's best to put some water from the fridge first in it with the cap on, give it some rinsing around then throw that away and then add your water from the fridge or tap, and vica versa if you are using it for hot drinks then add some boiling water first, rinse it around throw away then add your chosen hot beverage.
Doing it this way you then get the full benefit keeping your drink hot or cold, and it does keep it hot or cold as stated on the item description, but of course the more you use out of the bottle, the less time it holds the temperature as there's less liquid inside the bottle, which is normal but if you keep it full then that's another matter.
The bottle is very well made and I did have a problem with my first one as it was damaged but Cayman product's replaced it promptly so as well as a excellent bottle you will also be getting fantastic customer service if you contact them, so I would highly recommend this.
There are several Companies who seem to copy this sort of bottle but at least if you buy this Original bottle (Cayman) then you will know that you are getting the quality that you have paid for.

X 2 UKayed ® Five inch Fan USB or Plug Electric Powered Quiet Desk Air Cooling Cooler Air Flow (White)
Offered by InternetukShop

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 22 April 2016
I have to agree with the previous reviewer, these are bad, both of mine rattle, you do have to weigh them down not unless you want them ending up the other side of the table as they are so light they glide.
I bought these on a lightning deal and paid £4.99 but even at this price I still think they are not worth it, and will probably end up in the bin as for £4.99 they are not worth the bother of returning them, as the saying goes if it's too good to be true it normally is, a real shame as if they were up to scratch then they would be ideal, you don't get a huge volume of air but they could of been handy.

Neutrogena Visibly Renew Body Lotion 400 ml
Neutrogena Visibly Renew Body Lotion 400 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW ! Finally a lotion that actually works., 26 Jan. 2016
I have tried so many different creams over the years for my very dry hands which can crack and bleed and none of them have worked as intended.
My sister recommended this lotion and firstly gave me some of hers and straight away I could see and feel a difference just on the first application so I ordered some on Amazon and it's just incredible stuff, even if you wash your hands you can still feel the soft skin but once you wash your hands if you can apply more so that your skin remains soft is a good idea.
As a guy I think my skin is tougher anyway but still this lotion goes to work straight away, it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a nasty greasy feeling which is an added bonus so I'm finally glad to of found something that works, no more hunting for a cream and most importantly no more rough skin, my hands are like I have baby soft skin.
I fully recommend that you give this a go, I have only used it on my hands but I have no doubt that it will be as good on other parts of the body and I know you can get a hand cream of this type but being a lotion it will be handy if needed for other parts of the body.

Everbuild CYN20 Industrial Superglue General Purpose 20 grams
Everbuild CYN20 Industrial Superglue General Purpose 20 grams

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic glue, super hold, 25 Jan. 2016
Having tried all makes of super glue in the past, I thought I would give this a try and it's amazing.
It sets quick, and is super strong which is good value considering you only need a small amount so this bottle should last for a long time.

Visenta® MO7 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stand Wireless Speaker Speakers, Built-in Microphone, Rechargeable Battery with More Than 10 hours playtime, Works for iphone, ipad, Smart Phones (Black Orange)
Offered by Visenta UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Made quite well but lacks the so called Bass., 25 Jan. 2016
I purchased this for a friend, but when it was received it was scratched so before I returned it I tried it out because if it was any good then I was going to get a replacement.
The speaker is quite well made with a rubber coating covering it which gives it a nice feel, but that's as good as it gets unfortunately in my opinion as the bass is terrible considering that it's meant to have a separate xl bass speaker as well as the two normal stereo speakers.
I have a intempo speaker (BTS-02) which is very small, and being a single speaker I thought that this M07 would be far superior to it but the intempo is much better in clarity and Bass which is a shame because the M07 does look good, but the main reason after all for buying a speaker is the sound quality.
It is clear but sadly lacking Bass but on a lightning deal it might be good value for your money so it's up to you.

LED Bulbs Zookki (10-Pack) 4-Watt Gu10 Super Bright LED Light Bulbs White Light 6500k,Not Dimmable
Offered by ZookkiDirect-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, bright lights at a great price, 18 Dec. 2015
I purchased these for my sister and I have been told that they are brilliant, nice and bright are well made and ten for £20 is an amazing price.
Also they are a lot cheaper to run being very low wattage, and she is delighted with them, so in that case I highly recommend them.

14 Inch Christmas Tree Top Decoration - SILVER Glitter Bow Tree Topper
14 Inch Christmas Tree Top Decoration - SILVER Glitter Bow Tree Topper
Offered by Balloon Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made very well, expensive for what it is., 16 Dec. 2015
This item is not made very well and is very expensive for what it is, I was very disappointed.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful you read how small these are, plus they didn't stick right even on a clean window, 7 Dec. 2015
These are very small, in a hurry I didn't take note on how small they were, and I found that they just didn't stick right, so I cleaned the window but still they fell off the next day, so they got thrown away in the bin what a complete waste of £3.99.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5