Profile for hobbes > Reviews

Alpha Industries Polar Coatt Wmn Winter Coatt Rep
Alpha Industries Polar Coatt Wmn Winter Coatt Rep
Price: £140.41 - £161.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small sizing, 12 Sept. 2013
I am a UK size 12, 5'8", 140lbs, and ordered a medium initially. When it arrived it would barely zip up even with only a thin t-shirt on. Sent it back to exchange for an XL. Mine was sent by "Brand catcher" who I didn't realise are based in Germany, so it cost me 25 quid to return it. When the XL arrived it wasn't much bigger. I had wanted a loose cozy coat I could wear hoodies and lots of layers under, but this is so fitted the XL was tight with a hoodie underneath. It is also a strange shape - fitted at the waist and flares out at the bottom - very frumpy and unflattering. And very long - I'm 5'8" and it almost reached my knees. It just looked very weird on. Also, when I put the hood up, it was too short and lifted the coat off my shoulders. And the fur around the hood looked matted and cheap. Very disappointed with this coat, so the XL is also going back (another 25 quid I won't get back!). The 2 stars are since it did feel like it would be warm.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 10:28 AM GMT

iphone 5 5S , IPHONE 5C Luxury Vintage Shabby Chic Cute Flowers Floral Designer Purse Pouch Wallet Case -Tpu leather Floral Black / 100 % Guarantee to fit+Free Black Floral Purse To Match The Purse
Offered by CELLBELL LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars For iphone 4 NOT iphone 5 as described, 3 April 2013
I bought this as it was one of the few purses available for the iphone 5. It arrived quickly - but my iPhone 5 does not fit! My old iPhone 4 fits perfectly, so it is obviously designed for the 4 not 5. The other positive reviews here seem to be from those who have bought it as a gift for someone else, and maybe don't realise that it is no use for iPhone 5. To the seller - please change the description before anyone else is conned!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flip-flops ever, 14 May 2011
Havaianas are the comfiest, most long lasting flip-flops ever. I spend the entire summer in them and have about 6 pairs in various colours. These wedge versions are great to add a little bit extra height, and look a bit smarter thanthe flat ones. I don't bother with the straps. They come slightly big made. I am usually a size 7 shoe, but always get Havaianas in a size 6/7 (eur 39/40). Great quality and well worth the money.

Oliepops Black Floral Handbag Organiser (NEW) MAXI
Oliepops Black Floral Handbag Organiser (NEW) MAXI

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea, 14 May 2011
Great product. I was sick of my ipod, keys, phone etc rattling around in my shopper style handbag. This fist great into my bag, and keeps everything protected and easy to find. Easy to switch everything straight to other bags too. The quality is great with the one I got.

BaByliss 3035U Thermo-Ceramic Rollers
BaByliss 3035U Thermo-Ceramic Rollers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for retro styles, 21 Jan. 2011
First of all, I have very long, thick, straight hair. I normally use a ceramic curling wand as i find it is the only thing that actually curls my hair, but it gives a spiral curl, whilst i wanted a softer more retro style.

Pro's - These rollers gave the softer style of waves I was looking for.
Easy to use, and not too hot to risk a burn like with a curling wand.
I could put them in, then get on with the rest of getting ready whilst they cooled. (Although I found it was best to leave them in for at least 2 hours to get any kind of lasting curl).

Con's - The clips that come with them are useless - flimsy and for some reason, there are less of them then there are rollers??
Curls started to drop after a few hours.

Good for special occasions.

SingStar Wireless Microphones (PS3)
SingStar Wireless Microphones (PS3)
Offered by Hauseinkauf

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 X better than the wired ones, 21 Jan. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Had been using the wired mikes for ages, but got these for xmas. They are SO much better. Easy to connect - there's no holding buttons in to sync up with the receiver - like with the xbox ones. These just switch on and they're ready to go.

Crocs Women's Farrah Wedge
Crocs Women's Farrah Wedge
Offered by CROCPLANET

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small!, 21 Jan. 2011
Ordered my usual size UK 7 (I'm sometimes even a 6.5)
When these arrived I noticed that one shoe was so tight I couldn't get it on, while the other seemed better. Then I noticed that they had a small section of elastic at the back of the ankle, just inside of the plastic strap. On the better fitting shoe, the elastic had been cut, allowing for the extra room, so I cut the elastic on the other shoe too. Big mistake! I was able to get the shoes on, but on wearing them out for the first time, I soon realised they were still far too small. They particularly rubbed around around the toe opening, and after an hour I had to take them off. I am now unable to return them, but also unable to wear them again!
If you are planning to order these - definitely get a size bigger!

ETI Turbodryer 3500 Professional Salon Hair Dryer - Black
ETI Turbodryer 3500 Professional Salon Hair Dryer - Black
Offered by Second Glance Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hairdryer EVER!, 21 Jan. 2011
I have very long, thick, straight hair. I have tried lots of commercial brands of hairdryers over the years and usually go for A/C motors, high wattage, turbo ones etc as my hair takes SO long to dry.
After trying this I will never go back to standard dryers.
With this, my hair takes minutes to dry and comes out so smooth and sleek.
It comes with 2 different sizes of concentrator nozzles, and is lightweight to hold.
I would definitely recommend this for those with long thick hair.

BaByliss 2775U 50 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler
BaByliss 2775U 50 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler
Offered by Buy on Line

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as the video suggests!, 21 Jan. 2011
This is not as easy to use as the video suggests. First of all, I have very long, thick, straight hair.
I found, as other reviewers have said, that the bristles are too soft and do not grip my hair very well. After only 3 or 4 uses, they are already starting to flatten out, so I am wary of using this too often. Also, when using it near the roots to boost volume, I find that it catches on the hair underneath and gets all tangled. It's quite tricky to use, and with the bristles getting squashed already I think I will save it for special occasions only.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2014 5:47 PM GMT

BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper
BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper
Offered by Anything 4 Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as the video suggests!, 21 Jan. 2011
The video makes this look easy - but it's not quite that straightforward...
I have very long thick hair in a side parting. I found that the main problem i have with this is that i don't get the lift on the top of my head, around my parting, but further down, meaning that it seems to stick out sideways but be flat on top... When i tried to use it nearer the parting, the crimped bit showed through.
I think maybe if this was used on a centre parting it would sit better. Maybe i just need more practice...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2011 12:29 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3