Profile for Charlie Murray > Reviews

Content by Charlie Murray

Charlie Murray (Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The LEGO Movie Videogame - Western Emmet Minitoy Edition (PS4)
The LEGO Movie Videogame - Western Emmet Minitoy Edition (PS4)
Offered by Accessory-Shop
Price: 32.90

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good Lego Movie game, 10 July 2014
It's a good Lego Movie game. Easier to 100% than other Lego games but still takes a fair few tries. Levels dont feel as imaginative as other lego games, despite this being the "penultimate ultra" lego game considering every thing IS lego.

Re-Entry
Re-Entry
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good first episode, 10 July 2014
Very good first episode. Definitly starts out a nice mystery, and Halle Berry really seems to hold it together. Looking forward to seeing more, though there's a couple ideas in there which we see too often in films/shows like this. But I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out. Looking forward to the next episode.

Godzilla: Awakening
Godzilla: Awakening
Price: 6.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected, 27 May 2014
The art isnt that fantastic and with that, its kind of hard to figure out what is going on sometimes. You'll look at a page and think "what is that supposed to be a panel of?"

The story can at times be a little complex. A lot of the characters look the same due to the art so you can't tell who on earth is who.

I expected better sadly.

Reasons My Kid is Crying
Reasons My Kid is Crying
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, but Sweet, 12 Dec 2013
Makes you realise that kids can be more funny than you think. A pretty short book (can be finished in 10 minutes) but you'll crack a few smiles :)

Broadchurch [DVD]
Broadchurch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, fascinating and mysterious, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not one for watching dramas like this, but when I heard all the hype going for it, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Little did I know what waited ahead was a compelling, brilliant drama that leaves you guessing until the final episode on who Danny's killer is. And when you find out, you WILL be surprised...

Bring. On. Series. 2!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.43

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simulation... that's actually fun? THAT CAN'T BE... But it is..., 22 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I won't go into a massive detail but I bought this game after watching Nerd3 play it on his YT.

I have to say, this is quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in a simulator. You drive for miles looking at the beautiful scenery. The textures are possibly the best I've seen in any simulator (but not the best I've ever seen, obviously) and growing your own business is challenging but intriguing.

You HAVE to buy this game.

Homeland - Season 1 [DVD]
Homeland - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Damian Lewis
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Many Surprises with a Hint of Suspense, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Homeland - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Upon hearing about Homeland, I hadn't sold myself on the idea of actually buying it. I heard good things, but hearing that Damien Lewis was one of the leads put me off slightly. I like the guy but when I last saw him, it was in the film "Stormbreaker" where he played the Russian "Yassen Gregorovich". After his short lived performance in it, I didn't really want to ruin that and watch anything else of his. Moping over, I took to the series, and the series was just pure intriguing.

The series starts with the main character, Carrie Mathison, visiting a prisoner due to be executed. He only has a minute to tell her that an American "prisoner of war has been turned" by al-Qaeda. A few years later, Nicholas Brody, a soldier who disappeared in 2003 is found alive, battered and bruised. Upon returning home, Carrie has a sort of obsession over him, when he believes that it is actually him who has turned against his country.

The whole series follows Carrie's investigations, Brody's social life with his family (especially his wife) and the ongoing plot of al-Qaeda. There will be moments where your mind will always change, where you might hate a person, then like them again. You'll have the question circling in your mind "is Brody the turned American" "is he not" right until the very end.

The way they talk in the series might not be to every bodies taste, as it's all [insert complex organization here] and [insert complex plot here] and so forth, so there are times the characters may seem like they talk in riddles, but after a few episodes, you might just get the hang of the talk.

All in all, this is one box set you DO NOT want to miss out on.

The score would be a 4.5/5 but i had to round it down to 4.

Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360)
Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather enjoyable, 6 Feb 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I only rented this game yesterday. At first I had dobts, since its one of those games where you really can only go one directon. But with this game, it just does not matter :) Its a really fun game to play! Extremely enjoyable :)

Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal Legend is HELL YEH... I mean AWSOME!, 18 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have never ever played a game like this. This is an amazing game, and this is truely a masterpeice.

The effects are great, the world is stunning... you wonder how long it must have taken them to create this entire game.

The storyline is short, but you get over it once it's over.

This game is epic!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2010 7:26 AM GMT

Sky Kids [DVD]
Sky Kids [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rocco DeVilliers

5.0 out of 5 stars A Film that doesn't go over the top..., 15 Aug 2009
This review is from: Sky Kids [DVD] (DVD)
At first, when I saw the film in the TV Guide, I thought... well... it seems like it could be alright, but I had no interest in watching it. Then dinner was nearly done and I thought... what the hey! So I watched it while eating and I loved it so much. The acting was perfect, and it amazes me, as I found out the kids are in their 19-20's... yet they look 12!

Am I missing something?

In the film... i learned something... not all organisations are bad! xD

The film is definitly a favorite of mine now. A really brilliant film. Fantastic for families and it will definitly put a smile on your face. ;)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2009 4:56 PM BST