Profile for Noel Privett > Reviews

Content by Noel Privett

Noel Privett (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Garden Games Hardwood Kubb Games in a Handy Carry Bag
Garden Games Hardwood Kubb Games in a Handy Carry Bag

1.0 out of 5 stars "Years of rigorous play?" I don't think so. More like half an hour of light chucking before it broke., 24 Aug. 2014
"The Garden Games Kubb is made of varnish Beech hardwood that will look beautiful through years of rigorous play." Oh no it won't. Two pieces broke on the first day of very light play. Avoid this version. Amazon were great at refunding me, which was nice.

Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars A mighty atom of a beast, 7 Jan. 2014
So tiny and with so much memory, like a diminutive elephant. What a wonderful beast. And it was quite cheap.

CAB2TT10
CAB2TT10
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars What a long lead, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: CAB2TT10 (Electronics)
I can now play my laptop through my hifi from the other side of the room. Excellent price, good product, fast delivery.

Advent Calendar: Ted Rand "the Night before Christmas"
Advent Calendar: Ted Rand "the Night before Christmas"
by Ted Rand
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, but not the lovliest, 7 Jan. 2014
This is a very well made calendar and it's illustrated beautifully. I also like the way that none of the doors opened on Father Christmas or his slay, keeping them intact all month. For me, it lacked a bit of atmosphere. I like the ones best that are set in a village and you open the doors and windows of the buildings. However, it's still pretty good.

The Merton Collection - Merton at 750
The Merton Collection - Merton at 750

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine, 7 Jan. 2014
The Sunday Times says "exquisitely sung," and it is. Beautiful, soaring, fresh and clear music. Wonderful. Also try their Advent collection.

A Child's Christmas In Wales
A Child's Christmas In Wales

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written story beautifully read by the author, 7 Jan. 2014
A kind of Christmas Under Milk Wood in its intensity of language, but the tale of a young boy on Christmas Day. Thomas's reading isn't actually the best there is - I prefer Richard Burton's, for example - but it is still sumptuous.

Silver Machine (Original Single Version)
Silver Machine (Original Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the finest pop tunes ever, 25 Oct. 2013
Mad stuff but very jolly. I liked it when I was 13 and I like it forty years on. A desert island disc for me.

The Tempest, Z.631/10, Act 5: "No stars again shall hurt you" (Amphitrite, Neptune, Chorus)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars again..., 25 Oct. 2013
The finest hippy love song ever. It's completely sublime. And this is a wonderful rendition. Download it now and have a lovely day.

Shakespeare's Sonnets
Shakespeare's Sonnets

5.0 out of 5 stars Er, yes, they're not bad, 25 Oct. 2013
I'd even go so far as to say they are not bad. This version is fine. They have printed all the right words in the right order. What more could you ask?

Barrettine Methylated Spirit 500ml
Barrettine Methylated Spirit 500ml

1.0 out of 5 stars So, turn to a better alternative, 10 Jan. 2013
I tried cleaning my paint brushes this. What rubbish. Please let me warn anyone else thinking of taking such a misguided path to refrain. In future I will stick to cleaning them with a good Sauternes, preferably a Barsac. However, I'll avoid the 1965 - a disastrous year by all accounts.

Page: 1 | 2