Profile for The Fridge > Reviews

Content by The Fridge

The Fridge (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Jefferson Winter - To Love or not to Love..., 12 Jun 2014
First of all I gave this book four stars because I did enjoy the plot and the chemistry between Templeton and Winter, plus I thought Donald Cole was a pretty cool character. Some people found the book too gruesome, but I have read this genre a long time and have probably been de-sensitized to the graphic depiction of torture over the years. There is a fair share of it in this book.

There are also a couple of nice twists in this novel and a few scenic descriptions that impressed me. I finished the novel feeling detached from the main character Jefferson Winter, which is why I felt I couldn't give it the five star treatment. He is unquestionably 'cool', but he seemed a little too perfect for my liking.

Overall, it is worth adding to your reading list and I'm sure as the series grows we may find out more of Winter's weaknesses which will ascend this world James Carol paints into the highest score bracket.

Locked In (Season One: Book 1) (Jessica Daniel)
Locked In (Season One: Book 1) (Jessica Daniel)
Price: 0.66

4.0 out of 5 stars I can see why the series is so popular, 9 May 2014
A locked room mystery...a sexy and funny detective with problems everybody can relate too... a killer with a motive that will make you pause and think - What would I do in their shoes?

Nice subtle twist at the end too. Definitely worth a look!

Inside Out: 2 (Ben Treven series)
Inside Out: 2 (Ben Treven series)
by Barry Eisler
Price: 5.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 9 May 2014
Forget the cool hero, forget the disturbed bad guy, forget the delightfully written puppet masters pulling strings behind the scenes and forget the cleverly constructed action scenes...all that stuff is standard Barry Eisler doing what he does best.

The real hidden gem of this book is the analysis of how politicians and government agencies go about fulfilling their own agendas without getting caught. I couldn't put this book down.

Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
by Hugh Howey
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Future classic, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
At the moment, I look at this book as a very strong sci-fi novel, but I have a feeling that in ten years time people will look back and consider this in their top twenty science fiction novels of all time. The Silo world, Howey builds, is compulsive reading, exciting, shocking and thought provoking.
I usually only reserve my five stars for certified classics, it may be too early to be banding about such a word for a recently released novel, but I enjoyed it that much, I feel I don't have a choice.

After Eden (After Eden 1)
After Eden (After Eden 1)
Price: 2.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 18 Mar 2014
I was originally attracted by this book as it is set in a location with which I am familiar. I have never dipped my toe in this genre before, so I wasn't totally sure what to expect. What I found was an engaging story with believable characters and a satisfying twist. Good job!

Ash
Ash
by James Herbert
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end...James Herbert R.I.P, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ash (Paperback)
A British legend may have departed, but he went with a bang. This is like one of those great comic book moments when all the heroes and villains from different worlds come together in one final battle. And what a battle it was. The stuff that goes on in that basement...its enough to keep you up at night!

Angels and Demons (Robert Langdon)
Angels and Demons (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than its illustrious big brother!!, 14 Feb 2014
Da Vinci Code may have taken the money, but this should take the plaudits. Dan Brown's research game is getting to Ken Follet levels and it brings Rome and the secretive corridors of the Vatican to life.

Cell
Cell
by Stephen King
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars All hail the King!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cell (Paperback)
It's Stephen King... Its a world on the brink of apocalypse... Its a delightful twist on a tried and tested plot... Guys and Girls, can you spell future classic?

NIGHTSHADE (The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
NIGHTSHADE (The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
by Stephen Leather
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Top draw, 14 Feb 2014
Great idea for a novel. Characters you love to hate and a beast of a protagonist. I will have no qualms about picking up the rest of the series.

Wilt: (Wilt Series 1)
Wilt: (Wilt Series 1)
by Tom Sharpe
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Genre defining., 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wilt: (Wilt Series 1) (Paperback)
I admit I only bought this because Tom Sharpe passed away and I was curious how good he actually was. I was not disappointed. This is farce at its supreme best, often imitated but rarely bettered.

Master of his genre.