Profile for M. Taplin > Reviews

Content by M. Taplin

M. Taplin "mikekoi" (Weston-super-Mare, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but., 21 May 2014
Avery nice case for the money but as a stand it is at the wrong angle for the user unless they sit well back from it or have it on a raised stand of some kind. I have to give it 5 though because its priced so competitively.

The Orchid Expert: Name that orchid - and get it to flower again
The Orchid Expert: Name that orchid - and get it to flower again
by Dr D G Hessayon

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for new comers to the field., 12 May 2014
Informative up to a point, you have to start somewhere and this little tome is as good as any I think. Sufficient information to make a safe start, more importantly gives a lead to further endeavours.

The Secret History of Nursery Rhymes
The Secret History of Nursery Rhymes

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as interesting as I had hoped., 12 May 2014
Nothing novel was revealed I felt the title was a trifle misleading as nursery rhymes were always known to reflect history e.g. "Remember Remember the 5th of November, Gunpowder Treason and Plot.". I was hoping for something hitherto 'secret' to be revealed and was not satisfied. However it is a useful little book for anyone who does not know the basics of Rhyme origins..

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 12 May 2014
Useful for attaching chromecast to Humax TV enabling switching between the two sources i.e. Set top Box and Chromecast. Voila!

USB 2.0 4 Port Hub for XP/Vista/Windows 7/Mac : long USB cord - Plug & Play
USB 2.0 4 Port Hub for XP/Vista/Windows 7/Mac : long USB cord - Plug & Play
Offered by Worldquality

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived via a slow boat from china, but well worth the wait., 2 May 2014
Priced well, this item is particularly good if like me you have some wide bodied USB technology that does not fit comfortably in the paired slots of the average laptop. In short the vertical mounting of three slots well spaced means you never run out of room. I heartily recommend this to all potential purchasers.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit, English, 1 Pack, DSP OEI (PC) (This OEM software is intended for system builders only)
Offered by CrossCables

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Microsoft do NOT stop support on this system., 2 May 2014
Having bought (Believing the hype) Windows 8 and consigning it to the bin after a week full of frustration. I bought this operating system instead and installed it in my system build. The experience was so, so much better. I love it. I immediately updated my laptop and my home network runs perfectly. No driver issues and as I never had a touch screen (I regard this as essential for any one who uses windows 8 or 8.1 which I evaluated) I had no unwanted clutter on my desktop. I can speedily navigate where I want to go without the constant interference of moving tiles. Phew! I juast hope Microsoft keeps up support for those of us who are tired of tiles.

Tulip Fever
Tulip Fever

4.0 out of 5 stars Turns aout to be not my cup of tea, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Tulip Fever (Kindle Edition)
You can never say why, narrative repetitious, subject not as feverish as expected? probably too busy with something and too preoccupied to read properly.

Wagner - Der Fliegende Holländer [DVD] [1975] [2008]
Wagner - Der Fliegende Holländer [DVD] [1975] [2008]
Dvd ~ Donald McIntyre

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 2 May 2014
All operatic performances are classic in scale and some due to antiquity are classic in spirit. This is such a one. It is an enjoyable performance, with stirring music and some bravura moments.

AMP Messenger
AMP Messenger

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 2 May 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
You can never say why, probably too busy with something and too preoccupied to read properly.You can never say why, probably too busy with something and too preoccupied to read properly.

Andrew James Vacuum Food Sealer rolls 28cm X 10 Metre Roll
Andrew James Vacuum Food Sealer rolls 28cm X 10 Metre Roll
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD - Xmas Delivery Available On Orders Placed By 22nd December

5.0 out of 5 stars Still very, very good., 2 May 2014
I would like 100m roll size. Save on writing so many, many reviews about the same product. These are 5 star good. That is why I buy them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20