Profile for M. Taplin > Reviews

Content by M. Taplin

M. Taplin "mikekoi" (Weston-super-Mare, England)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Band Of Brothers: Complete HBO Series (Commemorative 6-Disc Gift Set In Tin Box) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ron Livingston
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravery, comradeship, sacrifice., 28 Sep 2013
The men of easy company fight their war from Dunkirk to Berlin in a series of savage exchanges that cause 130℅ replacements to be made in the course of WW2.

The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great action from start to finish., 28 Sep 2013
The development of the story line that make Uhtred, an improbable hero, yet again surmount all odds, being the only man in the kingdoms to fully I understand the enemy is desperate, exciting and enjoyable. Everything except the price make this Kindle edition worth reading.

A guide to modern cookery
A guide to modern cookery
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Sauce by the gallon Meat by the ton., 28 Sep 2013
Recipes are on a scale for feeding on a copies scale. However such detail is given that it is sufficient for the home cookery enthusiast to experiment in reducing quantities to make more manageable use of the information provided. Very interesting.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggeringly good., 23 Sep 2013
The Casual VacancyJ K Rowling has such an insightful knowledge of human nature, her analysis and descriptions of her characters is so well crafted that words fail me in trying to convey how well I think she has done. The story is raw and emotional at times but lightens up considerably at others. I particularly like her depiction of "Fats" a lanky teenager I recognise as real, The story is like a series of stories really, as we learn about each character. Really Brilliant. On kindle edition we get significant value for money.

The Pale Horseman (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 2)
The Pale Horseman (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 2)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific series but exploitatively priced on Kindle, 23 Sep 2013
The Pale Horseman (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 2)I cannot find fault with the storylines by the author of this series, however the upward escalation of the pricing is noted by this reader and when I have finished this series I shall not purchase another kindle book or series from this author until I see the total cost reduced significantly.

Death of Kings (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 6)
Death of Kings (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 6)
Price: 5.31

Death of Kings (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 6)I cannot find fault with the storylines by the author of this series, however the upward escalation of the pricing is noted by this reader and when I have finished this series I shall not purchase another kindle book or series from this author until I see the total cost reduced significantly.

The Burning Land (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 5)
The Burning Land (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 5)
Price: 5.31

I cannot find fault with the storylines by the author of this series, however the upward escalation of the pricing is noted by this reader and when I have finished this series I shall not purchase another kindle book or series from this author until I see the total cost reduced significantly. The Burning Land (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 5)

Sword Song (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 4)
Sword Song (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 4)
Price: 5.31

Sword Song (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 4)I cannot find fault with the storylines by the author of this series, however the upward escalation of the pricing is noted by this reader and when I have finished this series I shall not purchase another kindle book or series from this author until I see the total cost reduced significantly.

Finding Britain's Gems
Finding Britain's Gems
by Cedric Rogers

3.0 out of 5 stars Very dated, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Finding Britain's Gems (Paperback)
I was not impressed by the content which seemed dated and not very useful. However it was written a while back so I really should not be complaining. Its just that I am not ready, and never was ready to nip down a mine shaft in search of gems.

Blackstone's Policing for the Special Constable
Blackstone's Policing for the Special Constable
by Trish McCormack
Price: 27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reference work, 23 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Blackstone's Policing for the Special ConstableThis is a detailed and technically driven piece of work that is not intended to be read as a novel from start to finish; but needs to be referred to for particular information appropriate to the training schedule you are working to. The parts of most interest come under Powers and Duties, there are also a range of topics from forensics to going to court and also tests to check your progress from time to time. As I said it is detailed and although my description is brief the content is not.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30