Profile for Mrs. J. Goodman > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Goodman

Mrs. J. Goodman (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Leather Ladies Handbag - Black Soft Leather - Single Strap Shoulder Bag - Premium Sheep's Nappa Leather - Small to Medium Size - Can Be Worn Cross Body- 4 Zipped Compartments - Quenchy London QL967
Offered by 7bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Great every day bag, 8 Feb. 2016
I think the description of this bag does it a disservice as it is definitely not small. Its a really good sized medium bag, what I would call a normal size. A small bag to me is one you can only get about 4 items in whereas this holds loads and is a bit like a Tardis inside! I carry all sorts in my work handbag just in case including tissues, roll-on deodorant, sunscreen, paracetamol, antihistamines, plasters, headphones, tweezers, etc plus the usual purse, phone, keys, work ID and lanyard and there is still loads of room in this bag. It does give measurements in the description but I am hopeless at imagining things from their size so I was nicely surprised when opening the parcel.

The bag is black with a basic design, is made with very soft material and is very light. There are zipped pockets front and back and two zipped compartments in the middle. All pockets/compartments are lined with a black material. The strap is a really good length so you can use it over the shoulder or extend it to use as a cross-over body. Its very comfortable to wear and even with all my stuff in the bag it was still light. As the description said there was a smell on removing the bag from its protective plastic cover but after a couple of days in the spare room this had gone.

Really pleased with this bag, it was exactly what I was after and does the job of carrying around all my bits perfectly and comfortably.

Disclaimer - I brought this product at a reduced price in return for leaving an honest review.

Dead Sea Mud Mask - 100% Natural Facial Mask, Skin Moisturiser acts a Pore Cleanser & Pore Minimizer Specially Formulated Anti-Ageing Mud Mask to Heal Dry & Oily Skin, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and more - DEEP CLEANSING, draws out impurities & toxins, tightens pores, exfoliates- 100% Natural Remedy- Effective Relief From Acne, Blackheads & Spot Prone Skin
Offered by Knoxcommodities

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious mud!, 5 Feb. 2016
Really like this product. It works really well and thoroughly cleaned my skin. I put on a nice thick coating which surprisingly only uses a small amount so the contents will go a long way. The instructions said to leave it on for 5 minutes which I did, during that time I felt no burning or itching and all I did feel was the mud beginning to dry. I have not used mud masks for many years but in the past I have left them on until it was dry whereas this product you leave for 5 minutes and then massage the mud into your skin. I guess if you left it for any longer it would dry and then you could not massage it. It washed off fairly easily although the first time I used my hands to do this which wasn't entirely successful, mainly because I had to keep my eyes closed to stop the mud going into them so I could not see what I was doing. Since then I have used a cloth to remove the mud which is much more efficient.

My skin feels lovely and soft afterwards and looks so much cleaner than normal (says a lot for my cleaning regime) even a few days after using it. My skin is less greasy than normal and my make-up looks much more even. I have to say I also felt very pampered, which I wasn't expecting. I guess, as any working mum knows, even 5 minutes of "me time" is relaxing.

The product itself comes in a plastic jar so no worries about dropping it. The jar has a pretty label with full instructions and ingredients. The jar has a metal screw-on lid and the product has a 12 month shelf- life once opened. The jar was sealed in shrink wrap plastic as was the outer cardboard box the jar came in. The box itself is just plain white so if you wanted to give this as a gift you could remove the box but the jar would still be sealed.

All in all a great product and it definitely does what it says on the jar!

Turmeric Powder Capsules - Contains Curcumin Extracted From Turmeric Root - Anti-Inflammatory - Supports Heart, Joints, Liver, & Cardiovascular Health - Turmeric Curcumin Promotes Antioxidants ...
Offered by Kamire Health & Beauty UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality supplement, 25 Jan. 2016
I brought this item as I had read a lot about the health benefits of turmeric and we give it to our dog in a product called Joint Aid. I've also been told of amazing results in lame horses where conventional medicines have failed. I wanted to try turmeric but wasn't keen on using it in cooking so a supplement was the way to go.

The item itself is a normal sized vitamin/mineral type bottle. It had a security seal over the whole screw top plus another on the bottle after removing the lid. Inside the bottle it was plugged with cotton wool to stop the capsules being damaged in transit - nice extra. There was no smell from the capsules on removing the lid. The capsules themselves are fairly large but I had no trouble in swallowing them with water (and I can be a bit of a wuss with tablets). The capsules are transparent so you can see the turmeric inside. There is no taste on swallowing the capsules and I haven't experienced any after taste either. The bottle itself has dosage instructions, ingredients, allergy warnings and basic information on its benefits. There are 60 tablets in the bottle so two months supply.

Both myself and my husband are taking them and have not had any side-effects. We have not noticed any major health changes yet but its early days and I would not expect anything dramatic to happen in any case. A lot of the benefits are "unseen" anyway.

It is a good quality product and I have no doubt it will do us some good.

Disclaimer - I brought this product at a reduced price in return for an honest review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 3:00 AM GMT

Belkin Premium MixIt Fast 2.4 A Mains Charger (UK Plug) - Black
Belkin Premium MixIt Fast 2.4 A Mains Charger (UK Plug) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast charger, 25 Jan. 2016
Brought this charger to replace the one that came with an Acer tablet as the original seemed slow at charging. This made a difference to the speed of charge and in teaming it with a fast charge cable (Frieq) its now very fast and means that my son can use the tablet without being chained to the electric socket! Recommended.

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Black/Green)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast charge cable, 25 Jan. 2016
I brought this product to go with a Belkin Charger for an Acer tablet. The charger and cable that came with the tablet did not seem to be charging very quickly so I was looking for a fast charger and cable to match. Initially we used the Belkin charger with an ordinary cable and it did charge slightly quicker but we really noticed the difference using this cable. The tablet charges really quickly now and does not need to be permanently plugged into the mains as it did before.

The cable is a great length too which is really useful when needing to use the tablet whilst it is still charging. You can see it is good quality and I like the nylon outer which does not bend like normal cable. All in all I really recommend this cable for speedy charging at a great price.

Calibre QT Wrist Support, Instant relief for Carpal Tunnel and Tendonitis. Don't let wrist pain get in the way of your hobbies and tasks! (Right Medium)
Offered by Calibre Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality firm support, 24 Jan. 2016
I have had problems with the carpal tunnels on both hands so was interested in this product. The support was packaged simply in a plastic bag but had full instructions, with pictures, explaining how to put it on. On opening the bag there was a strong smell of rubber but this is neoprene so you have to expect that - it should go after a proper wash. The support is black in colour, is soft to touch and has very strong velcro straps. It also has a firm, thick metal stay which is removable for washing. You can order different sizes for either hand and I ordered a medium right handed support. It was a good fit and very comfortable to wear.

To start with I had to put it on with my right hand on a flat surface but as I got the hang of it I didn't need to put my arm on anything. The support covers most of the palm of your hand so you would have to remove it for washing hands. I found the support became warm which for certain conditions would be a benefit in itself. I found I could do most things with the support on and could type although using a pen proved slightly more difficult.

For carpal tunnel syndrome you need to keep the wrist straight and this support does that thanks to the stay. My husband uses back supports and was amazed by how strong the velcro was. For someone with weaker hands this may prove an issue and they may need help undoing the support.

My main issue at the moment is a trapped nerve in my right arm probably caused by my carpal tunnel. I did find that when wearing the support I had less pain from the nerve than I did without it. I have not tried it at night but you could definitely use it in this way and be comfortable.

Overall a good quality, firm but comfortable support for wrist problems.

Disclaimer - I brought this support at a reduced price in return for leaving an honest review.

HccToo 16GB MP4 player Big and Clear Sound MP3 Music Player with FM Radio, Video and Voice Recorder-Pink
Offered by HccToo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound quality, 24 Jan. 2016
The player came in a nice transparent presentation box so would make a nice present. The actual player is very light with good sized buttons and is a pleasant colour. In the box are a set of headphones (white in colour), a USB cable (a very good length) and basic but complete instructions. To try the player installed already are two songs, one video, one game and three photos. The screen is a decent size and provides a very crisp, clear and colourful picture. The buttons on the player are a bit clunky for my liking - they are not soft touch. It does let the player down a little bit but that is a small point. The sequence you have to press the buttons in is a little illogical to me but I'm sure someone younger (I'm in my forties) would have no problems!

The player connected to my computer with no problems and transferring music took seconds. The sound quality is amazing and does not match the quality of the buttons at all. The sound is very clear and full and is something you would expect on a much more expensive player. My husband is a bit of a sound snob having had an expensive custom built sound system in his youth and he thought the sound of this player was fantastic. So much so that he now seems to have taken the player for himself!

Apart from the pre-installed items I have not used anything other than the music part but it all works well and the pictures and sound are good quality. The player itself could be slightly better quality and this lets it down slightly. However if you are only interested in listening to good quality sound then this player is it. I feel it would also make a good player for a child who would no doubt use it more fully than me. All in all I would recommend this player to any music lover.

Disclaimer - I brought this player at a reduced price in return for leaving an honest review.

Art Naturals Magnesium Oil 355ml - Best Natural Deodorant - Reduces Migraines | Sore Muscle and Joint Relief
Offered by Art Naturals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stress reliever, 18 Jan. 2016
First of all I was amazed by how big the bottle was - using it as I have been it will last for months. I was intrigued by this product as I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is very painful at times. Fortunately for me I have not had a flare up of CFS during the time I have used the product so cannot comment on whether it would help or not. However I have found it useful for general aches and pains. I've been putting about two squirts on my hand and really rubbing it in the skin of the problem area. If possible I then leave it to dry (about 10 mins) before putting clothes on that area. I found the area treated felt cold afterwards. The oil is unscented and it does make your skin lovely and soft. The big thing I have noticed is how it has helped my mood and also with sleeping. Since using the spray I have been sleeping much deeper and getting back to sleep much quicker if disturbed. I've also noticed a big improvement in how stressed I feel. Sundays, before work on Monday, I am usually quite irritable and moody but this Sunday was much different. Driving to work I didn't get the normal stressed out feelings I would usually have. For me that is huge.

Unfortunately I found the product really greasy, hence the four stars. I found it left a weird texture on my hands after use so you have to give them a good wash. This does mean you couldn't use it for treating problems with the hands unless you put gloves on after application. I was not worried about using the oil when wearing normal clothes but was more hesitant with my work clothes in case they became greasy. I hoped my husband would use the oil as he suffers chronic pain from nerve damage caused by spinal injuries. He did try it once but due to how greasy it was he would not use it again.

For me the stress relieving effect is worth the greasiness of the product and I am happy to use it every day.

100% Natural Beeswax Lip Balm 4 Pack Original Unflavoured - For Chapped & Cracked Lips, Best for Men
Offered by Beauty-by-Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural lip balm that works., 18 Jan. 2016
Both myself and my husband use lip balms daily so I decided to give these a try. They look very attractive in their simple natural packaging and would make a great present for someone. There are four sticks and each is individually sealed. They are unflavoured and unscented. I use them twice a day and instantly my lips felt very smooth and soft. The balm lasted well even after drinking/eating. I have a problem in the morning in that I have bits of skin on my lips that I need to pick off. Since using these lip balms this has not happened once which is amazing as its been an issue for months.

My husband only normally uses Lypsyl but was delighted with these. He kept telling me how good it was! That's a huge endorsement from him.

Disclaimer - I brought these lip balms at a reduced price in return for leaving an honest review.

Premium Gel Pack (for Relaxing Warmth or Ice Cold Pain Relief) with Compression Comfort StrapTM by Orange Physio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gel pack for portable pain relief, 18 Jan. 2016
I brought this gel pack to use on my wrist after developing a trapped nerve caused by carpal tunnel issues. Ice packs had greatly reduced the pain but I could only use them when not using my arm. This product was the answer and enables me to carry on as normal whilst helping my problem. I've only used it as an ice pack so cannot comment on its use as a heat pack but the gel pack is very good quality and feels much different to other ice/heat packs I have used. Once frozen it is still flexible so I can wrap it right around my wrist for complete relief. The elastic strap is very easy to use and I have had no difficulty in putting it on myself. The strap means you can adjust the compression so you can have it as loose or as tight as you like. I have used it at work and had no problems in using the computer and writing with it on. At work I leave it on for about two hours but at home I use it for less and then refreeze to use again throughout the day. Very pleased with this product and would highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4