Profile for H. Anderson > Reviews

Content by H. Anderson

H. Anderson "somekindofberry" (Bridgwater, UK)

Alpha and Omega: A simplified guide to end day's prophecy
Alpha and Omega: A simplified guide to end day's prophecy

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy studying the end as foretold in the Bible, 30 Dec. 2014
I enjoy studying the end as foretold in the Bible, so it's been useful to me in exploring where some things have been fulfilled, especially in Daniel (it was all future to him!) and the Revelation where I get a little lost by myself. There is wisdom in using the Lord's prophecies in the gospels as the lynchpin for all prophecy, and this book has given me a much better understanding of things to come than I had previously. This book will be a joy for anyone who wants assurance of the hope to be found in Thessalonians and loves exploring the Bible for the truths hidden within, but I'd recommend it to anyone seeking for understanding on the end days.

King James Center-column Reference Bible
King James Center-column Reference Bible
by Zondervan Publishing

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size print, but centre-references are tiny and confusing., 2 Jan. 2014
I bought this for a technology-phobic friend, who was buying for my mother, so I've heard all the praise and criticism. For myself, the cover is too thin - and while leather, doesn't feel substantial enough. It needs to be kept in the box, I imagine. I was sad to note that the description did not specify that it was red for the words of our Lord, as my mother doesn't like that particularly and I would not have bought it, but at least the red was a darker wine colour and not bright. My mother was slightly confused by the centre-column references, which are not all level with (or close to) the scripture being referenced ... having to hunt through the entire column of tiny print letters for the right reference is tedious (and hard, for people buying a large print bible because they are losing their sight) and somewhat unnecessary given the great swathes of space in the centre-column on most pages - I am not sure what Zondervan were thinking when they designed it so). The paper is excellent quality however, and the words are the matchless Word of God giving light in the darkness, so we're keeping it.

You get what you pay for, and the quality for price was pretty good at under £20.

Tozer Boxset 2
Tozer Boxset 2
by Tozer A W

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every moment spent reading and considering its content., 12 July 2013
This review is from: Tozer Boxset 2 (Paperback)
I can't explain how useful these books have been to studying the Word of God. This is an investment in your future, if you want an eternal one.

TOZER 10 BOX SET (Tozer Classics Series)
TOZER 10 BOX SET (Tozer Classics Series)
by TOZER A W

5.0 out of 5 stars It's now been stolen by my mother ..., 12 July 2013
who rings me up to read bits she loves over the phone. Such wisdom, plainly stated - it's been a boon to me to have the simple truths so clearly recognised, explored and applied to a Christian life. I was glad to find a Christian author who knew what a walk of faith really was like, wasn't afraid to write the truth and challenged his readers to likewise take up their crosses and walk too ... worth every penny.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 9:04 PM GMT