Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Photofox" (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Complete Series [DVD]
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cleese

4.0 out of 5 stars Still good, 1 Aug. 2014
I worried that I might find this a little dated now and, of course, it is in parts. but still very funny and a glorious bit of nostalgia.

Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push

5.0 out of 5 stars Good loud chime with visual light and even an LED ..., 1 Aug. 2014
Good loud chime with visual light and even an LED to show you which device is being activated (if you have more than one door, for instance).
Six sounds which, thankfully don't last for ages as my previous bell did.
I have it only about 4 metres from the door but there are two PVC doors in between, and it works very well.
Good buy as far as I'm concerned.

The Helium Murder
The Helium Murder

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm puzzled!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Helium Murder (Kindle Edition)
On one level, this is an easily read book with a central character who has a wry sense of humour.
But the plot seemed secondary to the story. We hear a lot about relationships and a boring amount of food detail...seemed like every page contains a list of things the heroine is eating/drinking.
I was 66% through the book before suddenly realising that we were drifting away from the death of the victim.
In a way I enjoyed it but would have liked a bit more intrigue and mystery.

Outdoor 6 Sided Black Wall Lantern Security Light Complete With PIR Motion Sensor Detector IP43 Weatherproof With Lamp
Offered by Wyre Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it works well and does the job. ..., 31 July 2014
Well, it works well and does the job.
It's a pity it's not a bit more decorative but that's no problem.

Young Einstein: And the story of E=mc2 (Kindle Single)
Young Einstein: And the story of E=mc2 (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end!, 24 July 2014
I knew from reviews that this a short book. However, I was still reading merrily away at 66% when it came to an abrupt ending. It seems the last third consists of author's notes and bibliographies.
Now the "book" itself. Reasonably interesting; the technical details were just about as much as I could manage and the details of Einstein's early life were quite new to me. Pity it stopped without covering his later life after the 1930's

Vanished (Callahan & McLane Book 1)
Vanished (Callahan & McLane Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well..., 21 July 2014
The initial plot was good; the murder of an informer and abduction of a little girl. The story moved along well with lots of insight as to how the police and FBI operate in those conditions.
However, it then gets bogged down with relationships and becomes more of a love story. This spoilt I it for me.
Especially annoying was the repeated use of phrases to indicate anguish.
How many times did we need to read "he felt the bile rise in his throat" -
And "she felt her heart would crack" plus "he could feel the acid fill his stomach"
Too much of that sort of thing.
Otherwise, not a bad story

Tab-Timer
Tab-Timer
Offered by zig_zag_lane_books

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to take a variety of tablets over a day and this is a great reminder. Some might find the timer a little ..., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Tab-Timer (Personal Care)
Only used it for one day but it seems to be ideal.
I have to take a variety of tablets over a day and this is a great reminder.
Some might find the timer a little difficult to set up but in reality it's very simple.

How to Get Into Harvard (Kindle Single)
How to Get Into Harvard (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't get the point at all., 10 July 2014
Silly short story in my opinion.
Centred entirely on individual's applications to Harvard it was rather boring. I don't know if we were supposed to be surprised or horrified to learn who the murderer was but I was just too glad to reach the last page to be bothered.

Night Blind
Night Blind

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather far fetched!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Night Blind (Kindle Edition)
OK, I enjoy a good crime thriller but do like them to be plausible; this one is not.
The hero outwits the hardened criminals and police in trying to prove his innocence. And manages to better them in fights and car chases.
Also, there are three parallel stories running which confused me a little. One story (potential suicide) peters out without finalising.
Lastly, this hero makes accurate assumptions about tracing the mystery object, without any real hard proof or logic. It's a bit of a cop out as the author does not have to explain how those assumptions are reached!
Still it kept me busy for a few evenings.

Better You Magnesium Oil Goodnight Spray 100ml
Better You Magnesium Oil Goodnight Spray 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Cautious 4 stars! I've recently had trouble sleeping so ..., 7 July 2014
Cautious 4 stars!
I've recently had trouble sleeping so tried this oil.
It does seem to work to an extent but I'm not sure if that's really the oil or my mind telling me it's working!
Still as long as something makes it work then it will help.
It's not overly expensive so I'd say give it a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20