Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 829

Amazon Customer "Photofox" (Cheshire, England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Trust Your Eyes
Trust Your Eyes
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Trust Your Eyes (Kindle Edition)
Wow! I would love to know the thought processes of Linwood. This is a complicated (but easy to follow) plot and how he thought of it and kept track of all the action is genius. The story weaves in and out of false trails, revelations and impressive action before coming to am unexpected ending.
Plus, there is a sub plot involving the death of the hero's Father which in itself is involved and worthy of a separate novel. Even in this, there is a twist on the very last page.
Very enjoyable and recommended.

Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Offered by JVA Trading Audio Products
Price: 1,515.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Canon camera, 18 Feb 2014
I moved to the 6D from a 7D because I wanted the full frame but have not tested it too much just yet (terrible weather!)
So I'll cut the technicalities as there are enough already posted.
It is slightly smaller/ lighter than the 7D which suits me; the slight downside is that my 28-135 zoom lens makes it a bit unstable in the hand...but not to cause concern at all.
The 11 point focussing seems to be good and all the menus and functions are much the same as other Canons.
I was eager to try the WiFi but cannot get to grips with it; the manual seems to have given up half way through explaining! But it's not an important thing for me. Perhaps when I install the Canon disc more will be revealed.
Altogether I'm very pleased with it and look forward to getting out with it if it ever stops raining.

Brita Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges - Pack of 6
Brita Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges - Pack of 6
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job!, 18 Feb 2014
Not much to say. They are standard water filters which do the job in my Tassimo coffee machine.
Cheaper than the shops.

7dayshop Monopod - High Quality Aluminium 4 Section (Max Height 170cm) for Photo and Camcorder Use with Shoulder Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 11.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monopod and excellent price, 18 Feb 2014
Really pleased with this. For a start, the delivery was several days earlier than advised.
The 'pod itself is well presented in a nice cover and extends easily to my 6 foot height.
It is quite study and also doubles as a walking pole. Cannot be faulted for the price.Full marks all round.

Sacrifice
Sacrifice
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gory crime drama, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
Well written with good characters. Plot completely implausible but what the heck! It's a good read and good fiction. Recommended.

Genesis
Genesis
by Sebastiao Salgado
Price: 18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars magnificent Book, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Genesis (Hardcover)
This is a big book in every way. For a start, it's dimensions are large and the weight is massive! You will need very firm book shelves or a sturdy coffee table to display it.
Take for granted that the photos are magnificent, as you'd expect from this man. Some people moaned about the double page spreads and it did concern me before I ordered it. However, they do not distract me too much and I can live with it. Looking through other photography books, I see that many have this double page spread which bends the photos into the middle spine but I apparently hadn't bothered about them then.
Lovely book, recommended.

Don McCullin
Don McCullin
by Don McCullin
Price: 20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Don McCullin (Hardcover)
As a book of Don McCullin's photographs, it's great. However it was a Christmas present from my wife and when I opened it, all the pages were upside down in relation to the front/back covers. I could have kept it but my wife insisted she return it and order "The Impossible Peace" instead which contains most of the same photographs. See my separate review on that book.

samsung AA59-00507A remote control for 3d tv
samsung AA59-00507A remote control for 3d tv

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 17 Jan 2014
It's a remote control and does, indeed, control my TV set since the original gave up the ghost.
There are so many Samsung remote controls, you have to be careful to select the correct one.

Don McCullin: The Impossible Peace: From War Photographs to Landscapes, 1958-2011
by Sandro Parmiggiani
Price: 23.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photos, 17 Jan 2014
Don McCullin specialised in war and emotional photography and he does a superb job. Vietnam, Northern Ireland, other zones of conflict are brought vividly to life; they are however very dark and disturbing
His later work is of landscapes and some still life. Unfortunately, though, his earlier work seems to still haunt him because the landscapes are dark and broody. His still life flat and unemotional. It's a pity he couldn't have brought a spark of light and hope to them.
It's still a great book; one you can browse through and find new focal points each time.

Bosch Tassimo TAS5542GB Multi Hot Drinks Machine, Black
Bosch Tassimo TAS5542GB Multi Hot Drinks Machine, Black
Price: 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems at all (so far), 6 Dec 2013
I agonised for ages about getting one of these machines as I heard people say they were no good and the coffee awful.
Eventually I asked my wife for one as an early Christmas present and have been using it for three weeks now.
I find it brilliant! I tend to make black coffee (either Kenco or Costa) and whiten it with a coffee whitener...not the Tassimo creamers. The coffee is delicious and the cappuccinos are very good. By juggling the "full" and "half" cup options, you can adjust the strength and volume to your liking.
No regrets about buying it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20