Profile for Johan De-silva > Reviews

Content by Johan De-silva

Johan De-silva "Mr Scruff" (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

4.0 out of 5 stars A kick in teath?, 4 Jan. 2009
Initially a kick in teeth for if your like me who shelled out for Razor and then to discover only half a season. However gone are the week filler episodes that do not contribute to the main story arch. What you have here is 10 very high quality episodes (plus razor).

Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly overated Season 3, 27 Sept. 2007
Hugely disappointing after what was a fantastic Mini Series, Season 1 and most of Season 2. Far too many pointless, plot-less, anti dramatic filler episodes resulted in a disjointed main plot. Add into the mix a lack of battles and quality of battles made for a huge come down. Some nice new special effects later on but realism seems to be lost on me. There never should have been 4 seasons and should have been a trilogy. I am however (stupidly?) confident that the final season 4 will kick frag.

Canon Powershot S3 IS Digital Camera[6MP 12 X Optical]
Canon Powershot S3 IS Digital Camera[6MP 12 X Optical]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good pics but some usability issues, 30 Aug. 2007
Early reviews claim you can not use more than a 2GB SD cards well you can because I use a 4GB card. The camera is pretty good and I went on safari with it and a 2x tele lens that was needed to frame the photo on animals without having to crop in post production as the 12x optical zoom was not enough. The major flaw with this camera is that it is all too easy to accidentally change the ISO from Auto to Hi ruining many of my early photographs with Elephants... damn I hate ISO and I was not happy at all because I had done this before. Another problem is the fiddly manual focusing especially in Macro mode. Yet another was it had problem with light... for example in a very sunny shot it either over saturated the light or made the dark area very dark... this is unlike my Canon Ixus but I have a feeling this is user error and i need to read the manual. In video mode I had a few lines on areas of fast moving fire.

In auto I love the ability to flip down the flash to force a slightly long shutter speed in the heat of taking nigh time shots. Many people complain about the lens cap falling off... I think it is a feature of the camera enabling it to fall off when you extend the lens for use.

I am happy with it.

Sony Ultimate MDR EX90LP headphones with wide dynamic range
Sony Ultimate MDR EX90LP headphones with wide dynamic range

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Sound Quality, 11 July 2007
They fit nicely. Instantly a wow factor with a wide dynamic range where the bass would grove away madly reminding me of the Koss Porta Pro. However the tinny sharp treble and no mid range make these earphones a dreddfull choice.

Sony MDREX85LPB In-Ear Headphones - Black
Sony MDREX85LPB In-Ear Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design poor sound quality, 9 July 2007
Good design though sometimes irritable being so in the ear. The sound quality is sadly overrated with little midrange and clarity. Overload bass does not help. Audio Technica are possibly the best brands to look out for for under £100 otherwise you need something a bit bigger.

Creative Labs Creative EP-480 Headphones
Creative Labs Creative EP-480 Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Best in-ear headphones I've ever used but still rubbish, 30 May 2007
These are the best in-ear headphones I've ever got with a device used especially in terns of providing at least a little mid bass due to the large driver. They sound even less harsher with the bass boost on in my Zen vision. However to enjoy the music you need something decent like Koss Porta Pro, Koss KSC75, Sennheiser PX100 or my favorite Audio Technica ATH-EM7.

Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) With Limited Edition Artcards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than Shaun Of the Dead, 30 May 2007
I really could not stop laughing at some of the gags in the cinema long after everyone around me had finished laughing. I had tears in my eyes and almost ended up on the floor right from the start. Having loved channel 4's Spaced I found the comedy is more in keeping with that style. I did like Shaun Of the Dead but found slightly disappointing. More of my views are available on FutureMovies.co.uk

Sony MDR-G54LPS Street Style Headphones
Sony MDR-G54LPS Street Style Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 19 Jan. 2007
I cant believe how these cheap headphones can sound so good... not audiophile at all but fantastic quality for the gym. The bass is punchy and treble and mid range crystal clear.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 [2005] [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Bamber

3.0 out of 5 stars Run out of Story?, 30 Sept. 2006
I really have to question the others reviews on Amazon. Season 2 started out as fantastic and mind blowing as Season 1, however mid way through the episodes went completely off the main story line and into random stories about frecking random characters that seemed tagged on like an afterthought. Why is it we never heard of Scar (the Cylon ace) or Apollo's lady friend and who cares about the frecking press episode? The new cast are also very poor and you tell the really poor ones are going to be instant cannon fodder and as the extras on Star Trek despite having speaking roles.

Healing Is Difficult
Healing Is Difficult

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one for me!, 16 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Healing Is Difficult (Audio CD)
I love her in Zero 7 and the other album "Colour The Small One" was an excellent and powerfully seductive. This one is the complete opposite. I rarely describe albums as bad but this one really is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5