Profile for Mr. D. Cheesman > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. Cheesman

Mr. D. Cheesman (Bedfordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Algarve Marco Polo Holiday Map (Marco Polo Holiday Maps)
Algarve Marco Polo Holiday Map (Marco Polo Holiday Maps)
by Marco Polo
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Iteal for touring, 24 Sept. 2013
Does just what it says on the cover! We used it on a short holiday in the Algarve and it was most useful.

Glorious
Glorious

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her first CD 'The Last Rose' - but OK, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Glorious (Audio CD)
Laura's first CD 'The Last Rose' was a beautiful collection of classic British traditional songs. 'Glorious' is more clichéd patriotic and popularist stuff that I found less enjoyable.

Propane Gas Bottle Spanner Heavy Duty
Propane Gas Bottle Spanner Heavy Duty
Offered by Gas Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 8 Sept. 2013
I bought this spanner to use for replacing propane bottle on my yacht. I had been usingan adjustable spanner and it was too thick to fit properly. This one fits perfectly.

VGA SVGA Male to Female Right Angle 90 Degree Adaptor
VGA SVGA Male to Female Right Angle 90 Degree Adaptor

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says but some drawbacks, 8 Sept. 2013
I bought this to allow a PC monitor cable to enter the monitor, which had a straight connector and was close to a wall. It does the job fine but is not deep enough to engage with the socket. Check your dimensions on your monitor to make sure it will fit.

Galt Tiny Wooden Trike
Galt Tiny Wooden Trike

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - just like the original, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Galt Galt Wooden Tiny Trike (Toy)
I bought two of these trikes for my god daughters twins. The reason - I bought one over 40 years ago and the trike was used by my two tiny sons and lasted both of them without ever being broken or worn out. They haven't changed (much) and they have been enthusiastically used by the twins. Excellent, traditional product. Well made and timeless.

"Spheres"
"Spheres"

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed most of the tracks, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: "Spheres" (Audio CD)
I b ought this after Daniel Hope appeared on breakfast TV. I enjoyed most of the tracks but some were a bit obscure for me, this is entirely a personal view - others may find it all excellent!

Raymarine Speed ST800/P120 Plastic Thru Hull Transducer - Black
Raymarine Speed ST800/P120 Plastic Thru Hull Transducer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says, 8 Sept. 2013
I bought this to replace a 10 year old original - fitted it in 10 mins and it worked! The wiring is compatible with the Raymarine original.

The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2011 Edition
The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2011 Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Much Science and a Lot of Fantasy, 8 Sept. 2013
I bought this collection of short stories to read on holiday and didn't think much of it. This is a personal preference - I like Science Fiction and am not much enthralled by 'Fantasy' so if this is you then this book won't be of interest. Very few of the stories have any sort of science involvement and the rest involve the usual fantasy ingredients; witches, spells, warlocks, dragons, magic swords and people with strange names. Additionally, not many of the stories are particularly well written and only few have plots that make any sense. A disappointment.

Epson Stylus Photo P50 6-Colour Photo Printer with Individual Inks
Epson Stylus Photo P50 6-Colour Photo Printer with Individual Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high quality photo prints, 25 May 2013
I bought this to replace my Epson R800 which had finally given up after many years service. It's excellent, does all my old printer did - and more. The print quality is superb. I don't know yet what ink consumption will be like but so far OK.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep my hands warm!, 25 May 2013
I suffer from arthritis in my hands and got these to provide warmth in the cold weather. They work fine but I need to take them off to do some jobs around the house.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3