Profile for Mrs Gisborn > Reviews

Mrs Gisborn (england)

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

2.0 out of 5 stars my husband liked it..I wasn't convinced, 16 Jun 2014
Notice the past tense? .......we'll come to that later.

Nice bits: relatively long lead so can reach the shelf, nice charging arrangement where it just sits in the glass, nice little case with USB charging socket. Will last a week on holiday for both of us on a single charge.

not so nice: No colour coded rings to identify different brushes, can only select cleaning modes when brush is running ( spraying tooth paste everywhere ). I got much more tarta build up on my teeth than when I used an Oral B brush.
......and the worst part...........died with out warning when about 1 5 years old...

We have now replaced it with an Oral B

Lighting EVER 5 Watt GU10 LED Bulb, Replace 40W Halogen Bulbs, Resecced Lighting, Track Lighting, Warm White

2.0 out of 5 stars don't bother - utter rubish, 2 Sep 2013
I ordered 3 of theses and was looking forward to 'warm white' with added enegy saving and I've saved loads of energy!!! But had very little 'warm white light'
Bulb 1..I didn't even plug in as it has a screw rattling around in it ( visible through the front lens ).
Blulb 2.. lasted about 2 hours before randomly switching on and off! with it's own inbuilt disco effect.
Bulb 3 ..works! but I don't know for how long.

I bought better LED bulb from my local Homebase at £9.99 for two..They are still working

BT FREELANCE XD8500 TWIN
BT FREELANCE XD8500 TWIN

1.0 out of 5 stars Doh! Why doesn't to do that!!!!!!!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: BT FREELANCE XD8500 TWIN
Yes it will record your messages and you can remote access them. You can check messages from either handset...blah...blah ..blah.

BUT if you want it to sit there silently and record your messages...It won't!!!

You can turn the ringer off ( both hand sets and the base station) but you can't turn down the volume of the out going message. So if you want to hear your voice booming out around the house during your afternoon snooze, this is the phone for you.

Other wise it's not.

Efbe-Schott Triangular Head Mop 500ml Water Tank Steam Mop in Yellow
Efbe-Schott Triangular Head Mop 500ml Water Tank Steam Mop in Yellow
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

2.0 out of 5 stars was impressed untill it broke, 29 Feb 2012
I knew I was taking a risk with a steam mop at the cheap end of the marked.

It is quite flimsily made, but then I didn't intend to mop my floors like a gorilla!

I was impressed. It seemed to steam well and clean the floor beautifully. Great on stubborn marks that had stayed for months on the kitchen floor ( wood floor), good on the conservatory ( tiled floor), and easy in the bathrooms ( vinyl flooring). It did seem to freshen up floor mats with the carpet glider but then I wasn't expecting miracles with carpet.

I had only used it a handful of times when I noticed a leak. The longer I mopped the wetter it got. Water dripping from the screw holes in the plastic casing, onto the floor.

I thought it might have been me, spilling water as I filled the tank, so I took extra care the next time I used it,...wet again but this time worse!

I contacted team and they were really helpful offering a refund or replacement, I opted for the latter.

Such a shame! I think the cheap manufacturing has done them no favours. On closer investigation I found that there was a crack in the plastic of the water tank, right at the bottom. So water was leaking from the tank, into the body of the mop, where all the electrics are, and out through the holes in the casing. I hate to think what it did to the electrical safety of the item!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 1:26 PM BST

Books of Hours (Miniature Editions)
Books of Hours (Miniature Editions)
by Phaidon Press

4.0 out of 5 stars beautify lillte book with fantastic artwork, 22 Mar 2010
Lovely little book with lots of superb illustrations form many library and museum held copies of 'books of hours' from around the world. The book is split into to relevant sections with several illustrations and an explanation for each part. The origin and use of Books of hours is also explained.
This book however does not focus on the text passages and detailed structure commonly used throughout their historic use, with few examples of written text passages.
But still a fantastic little book.

Robin Hood : The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Robin Hood : The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonas Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good fun!, 11 Mar 2008
I only caught the odd episode of Series 1 Robin Hood when it was originaly broadcast on TV and also missed the early episodes of series 2! Then I became hooked!

This box set gave me a great way to catch up on all the great fun I had been missing. The early portrayal of the characters were slightly different, as they then matured and developed during s2.

The extras provided great insights in to the sets, costumes and characters. I loved the commentories as well. All I can say is that it will be watched time and time again!
I would have like to have seen some 'deleted scenes' or out takes. Also I would have liked an interview with Keith Allen ( the Sherif ), and there is always space for lots more Richard Armitage ( Sir Guy!) swoon!