Profile for Mr. M. C. J. Harris > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. C. J. H...

Mr. M. C. J. Harris

Page: 1 | 2
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Power Tower
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Power Tower
Offered by The Superdrome of Worcester UK

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, 31 Dec 2012
bought this for sons age 4 and 7 for xmas. fiddley to put up, has fallen off wall and we aim to get more command strips for it. boys love it, specially 4 year old. has lots of directions for cars to go in. cars go very fast off tower which is what makes it exiting to play with. looked at lots of different wall track sets before getting this one. we are very pleased with it.

My Story: The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
My Story: The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
by Carol Drinkwater

4.0 out of 5 stars clever historical story, 9 July 2012
From the My Story series, of which i am now an avid reader. This particualr subject matter is brought to life in a raw, emotive manner, such were the issues at this time in history in Ireland. Woven into a love story, The Hunger is written creatively enough to keep me wanting to read more, whilst historically factual enough to enlighten me about the life and times and struggles that faced the people of Ireland.

The Crystal Palace: The Diary of Lily Hicks, London, 1850-1851 (My Story)
The Crystal Palace: The Diary of Lily Hicks, London, 1850-1851 (My Story)
by Frances Mary Hendry

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely historical story, 9 July 2012
Highly recommend this book, the author manages to bring to life the time and place, in such a creative, personable manner. I sinsed I was there in the house with the characters, sensing the atmosphere of the era. Truly brings this time and place in history to life.

Pompeii - a Roman Girl's Diary AD 78 (My Story)
Pompeii - a Roman Girl's Diary AD 78 (My Story)
by Sue Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping read, 9 July 2012
For me this book has been a turning point in relating to history. Such a real, tangible storyline, I could sense the heat of Pompeii, the sounds the smells, brought to life vividly. Fantastic storyline, wonderfully interesting historical facts. This book has brought Pompeii so much to life for me I am now determined to visit one day.

The Great Plague - a London  Girl's Diary 1665 - 1666 (My Story)
The Great Plague - a London Girl's Diary 1665 - 1666 (My Story)
by Pamela Oldfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, 9 July 2012
Have bought one of the series of My Story books, initially for my children. I am now on a fourth book from the collection. This particular story is raw, vivid and touchable, I have never read about history in such an emotive way. Im so glad i found this creative, informative historical series, ive learnt so many facts i never knew before and feel history really has been brought to life. Highly recommend for young adults and adults alike.

Inside My Head
Inside My Head
by Jim Carrington

4.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Inside My Head (Paperback)
Thought provoking story, that touched me emotionally and mentally. Such an emotive subject and sensetive. Dealt with in a raw, realistic manner.

DB Electronics® New&Good Quality 7 Inch Digital Touch Screen MP3 MP4 WMA WAV Multimedia Player E-reader White 4GB/Fast shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ebook reader, mp3 audio and mp4 video player, 22 May 2012
Bought 2 of the X-DZS702 (or sometimes known as E704 or E705) units from DB Electronics. Units arrived promtly after 2 days and upon testing one units touchscreen did not work. Return was promptly actioned and painless. Received working replacement unit in 5 days. Unit is good and does support ebooks, mp3 audio and mp4 video. The touch screen is sensitive and easy to use, the application are easy to navigate and the build quality of the item is very good. This appears to be a robust and well made unit. The video Playback is superb quality, and the sound is just as good. Overall this is a must have with the ability to listen to music and also watch HD quality videos on it.

There is only 1 issue I have identified and that is it will not play media files bigger than 256mb for video playback. I would highly recommend this product to anyone, and also the seller as they responded quickly to my questions and the overall service received was Faultless, would definitely buy from them again.

Dazzle Dots Seahorse
Dazzle Dots Seahorse
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dazzle Dots Seahorse (Toy)
We have the seahorse and mermaid pictures. They are very pretty colours, very bright. The stickers stay in place well. I would say that the item was suitable from about age 5 up. Makes for a fun, well priced, craft item. Good for children not naturally arty crafty, as easy to do and will always turn out as a great make. Would recommend

Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! Movin Monkeys
Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! Movin Monkeys

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks arent everything, 18 Feb 2012
I bought this product for my 3 year old.It looks fun and educational. However my personal opinion is that it is overpriced. It takes ages to put together! It is complicated to put together. A 3 year old would have to have a lot of patience to sit and go through it with you. The parts once fitted on are difficult to pull apart to change the design. some cogs do not work at all. The Monkeys move once you get it in motion, but my 3 year old was not be able to use the handles and make it all work well, so become frustrated. The item held his interest for about 10 minutes. My 10 year old liked putting it together most. Once assembled it is not so exciting. Overall, too expensive given that it takes a long while to assemble, needs constant adult attention to work properly and 3 year old was interested in it for about 10 minutes.Personllay would not recommend

Mister Magnolia
Mister Magnolia
by Quentin Blake

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth buying, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
My 4 year old son loves Mister magnolia, he enjoys the story and follows it very well, finishing the text for me about Mister Magnolias one boot. It has rhyming text which helps young children remember the story. My daughter who is 9 also likes listening to me read this and loves the pictures.

Page: 1 | 2