Profile for S. Hester > Reviews

Content by S. Hester

S. Hester "Alex and Sean" (usa)

Portable USB External Battery Charging Hub - 8400 mAH Capacity Charges Mobile Phones and Tablet PCs
Offered by Sweet Tablets
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge for more then 2 minutes, 3 April 2014
**update, I have been in contact with the seller who have been very good and replaced the charger. I'm still seeing an issue with it but have received excellent customer service from Sweet Tablets and still in contact with them so hoping to get this issue resolved.

During the first month this was good it saved me a few times whilst travelling to work, and needing to charge my phone.

Now three months on and although the lights say it is fully charged, it will only charge for about 2 minutes before turning off. I then have to wait for 45-60 minutes before I can use the charger again. Once the charger stops charging it becomes unresponsive, in its "cool off?" period. You can not even check the power(suggesting it has none left). Once left for a long time it starts working again and the button again shows all four coloured lights.

The led flash-light is also good and very bright but suffers from the same issue, 2 minutes and then it turns itself off again.

Wish I had bought a better portable charger. Glad the price was low as I would be very disappointed to have paid any more then this and have it fail so quickly.

Having bought the Portable Bluetooth speaker and reading the good reviews for this product I thought it would have lasted longer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 12:45 PM BST

Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (Voices That Matter)
by Steve Krug
Price: 18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book in its area, 29 Mar 2014
In its third revision and updated and still as relevant today as it was when it was first penned now with new shiny pictures and a couple of new chapters.

Marvel Super Heroes Mega Colouring
Marvel Super Heroes Mega Colouring
by Marvel
Price: 3.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 Mar 2014
Bought a couple of these to make up some presents. The kids appeared to enjoy them, but you never can tell..

Gro-Egg Room Thermometer
Gro-Egg Room Thermometer
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have done with a rechargeable battery, 29 Mar 2014
No real complaints with this it worked, I just wish it had a rechargeable battery, if the cable is pulled I found it came out the back very easily. I believe it would have benefited from being able to run off a rechargeable battery, to make it a bit more portable.

FSL ZERO Wireless Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Remote and Mic for all Smartphones (iPhone / iPad / Android / Windows / Samsung Galaxy / HTC etc) - 3 YEAR WARRANTY
Offered by iHeadphones UK
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price, Great Customer Support, 12 July 2013
I use these a lot, however since upgrading to iOs 6 I am unable to get them to reconnect without un-pairing and re-pairing each time.

They used to work (and still do with my iPod 3rd gen, on iOs 5)

To pair, hold the power button down until the light flashes red/green intermittently then, from the iOs Bluetooth menu (settings>bluetooth) choose fsl-zero select forget the device, choose fsl-zero then re-select to pair. For me this then works until one of the devices is turned off.

Bit of a pain, but the sound is good for the music I listen to, nice and basey.

Sound wise I would offer 4 stars but the bluetooth connection issue means its only a 3 from me

(I should mention I have had these since launch so may have been updated)

edit, I got in contact with customer support and they supplied me with a new set, great customer service and because of that its a 5 star review, 4 for the sound and an extra star for the level of commitment and support they provide for the product.

Now I turn them on and they pair automatically great.

Child's Introduction To Jazz
Child's Introduction To Jazz

5.0 out of 5 stars Greay album sits pride in my car, 8 Nov 2008
I also bought this album based on the cover art, having been introduced to the nextmen before I went out on a limb and was really suprised great album and I am still listening to it today and have since purchased a couple of the other albums, but this is my favourite so far.

Now lets begin...