ARRAY(0xa65df474)

Profile for Decorum > Reviews

Content by Decorum

Decorum "Decorum Est" (Warrington, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
PhotoSEL BS214 Professional Heavy-Duty Background Support System 2.5m (H) x 3m, 2.3m or 1.5m (W) with Carry Bag
Offered by PhotoSEL
Price: 68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great value, 15 Mar 2014
I received this support system after reading the reviews on Amazon. I have to agree that the quality is surprising and setting up is simplicity in itself. The system comes securely boxed then will fit easily into the canvas bag supplied (as another reviewer said; the stands are spring-loaded so if you don't push the poles back in they won't fit in the bag. It's very, very easy, drop the poles by releasing the knob then they drop right down. Then push [very little pressure required] them home before tightening the knob to secure).
The system itself goes up very easily (and sismantles just as easily) and there are four poles to go between the two stands. The poles attach with a quick twist and click and poles 1 & 4 have slots to attach to the uproghts (screw and wingnut). You can have 2,3 or 4 poles to give varying widths.
I use the system for green screen work and using a few clips the screen is tight as a drum and crease-free. I love the versatility of this system as I can have a really high screen or a really wide one for children, animals etc.
All-in-all a quality piece of kit that comes in a useful carry bag (note: the bag plus poles is not too heavy at all and great fro transporting to shoots etc.)
If you're looking for an inexpensive yet sturdy and easy to to backdrop support then this one is hard to beat. Thumbs up PhotoSEL!

Raw Edible Wild Plants for the British Isles (and other places too)
Raw Edible Wild Plants for the British Isles (and other places too)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 13 Mar 2014
This is a surprising little ebook. The author doesn't pretend to identify all of the plants although there are quite a few pictures in the book. I had Google Images open on search as I was reading and most of the plants were easily identifiable.
Amanda Rofe is obviously someone who cares about her environment and especially people. Her writing style is smooth and a pleasure to read.
As for the information contained therein:

I had no idea we had so many edible plants, one or two literally on our doorstep. Granted some of these might not be the kinds of tastes we are used to with our sterile supermarket fare but as Amanda says; the nutrients in wild, edible plants are fresh and natural and most of all free!

I recently started juicing and have seen the benefits to health and well being already and I shall be going out foraging for these readily-available plants to use in salads and juices.

Not sure I'm ready to go down the vegan route yet but Amanda doesn't force this upon you or preach.
I'm not sure about some of the advice (for example advising pregnant women to self-medicate or see a holistic healer rather than a GP) as though I agree we are, as a culture, far too dependent upon pharmaceuticals, medical science has and will continue to save millions of lives and I think we need a balance between natural and man-made medication. This is just my opinion.

However; I have cut most dairy out of my diet as well as refined flour and red meat and I am reaping the benefits health-wise.
To be able to harvest 'weeds' and eat them either as soups, accompaniments, salads or juice is a whole new avenue and as one for saving the pennies when I can - this book is a wonderful thing.

I'm keeping a border free for 'weeds' to see what comes up and what I can eat!
A very interesting and eye-opening book. Food for thought indeed.

White iPhone 5 dock docking cradle station for charging and sync
White iPhone 5 dock docking cradle station for charging and sync
Offered by DayzHappy
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for work, 6 Mar 2014
Bought this as I needed a charger for my desk and I didn't like leaving my shiny, new iPhone on my desk face down or whatever. Came within a day or two and does the job admirably and looks good on the desk. Number of colleagues have asked where I got it from but annoyingly often ask to borrow mine... good item and well worth the money.

Supper Mini Bluetooth Car Code Reader Compatible with Android / Droid / Torque Support OBD2 OBD II ELM327 Power 2 - Blue
Offered by Bestin
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks, 6 Mar 2014
Bought this to check an engine fault on my 2010 Mitsubishi Colt. Picked up the fault straight away using Torque and allowed me to check Cylinder One (unfortunately was the injector rather than plug or coil) but this meant I could let the garage know and not have to pay 50 or thereabouts for them to diagnose the fault. So it's paid for itself in one hit.
I shan't go on too much as other reviewers have handled the more technical aspects admirably.
I now leave it plugged in to the port and occasionally check what my engine is doing, how my MPG is and how efficient my driving is.
Excellent value and the Bluetooth reader was picked up and paired instantly without issue. Worked straight out of the box.

Rescue Night Liquid Melts 28 Capsules
Rescue Night Liquid Melts 28 Capsules
Price: 6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns off the carnival in my head, 6 Mar 2014
Both my girlfriend and I often have racing minds when we go to sleep no matter what we were doing immediately before. We've tried meditation (with some success) and a mallet.
These tiny tablets melt on your tongue and within minutes you really do feel that your mind is beginning to rest.
Being herbal (I don't want to use prescription drugs) I can take them on a regular basis although I'm sure it would not be wise to take them all of the time. I tend to take one if I feel I need to turn off the carnival in my head. Or to stop the voices.
These little pills really do work and they are perfectly natural.

iPhone 4 To iPhone 5 Adapter In White 15cm
iPhone 4 To iPhone 5 Adapter In White 15cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 Mar 2014
Bought this as I had to connect my iPhone 5S to iPhone 4S equipment.
For this it is percect and much cheaper than Apple's version.
Delivered quickly and works with just about anything I threw at it my only issue, and it's a minor one, is the length of the cable. It really is quite short. Otherwise would've been five stars.
For adapting your iPhone 5 for legacy iPhone equipment it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Red Glossy PVC Fabric - per metre
Red Glossy PVC Fabric - per metre
Offered by Prestige Fashion UK Ltd
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quick delivery, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Red Glossy PVC Fabric - per metre
Bought this as I needed to recover something in order to sell it. Time I'd finished it looked so good I've kept it....
Good strong material, I used industrial staples but it will be ok for sowing as well.
Great for making sheets, cushion covers or making something dull look rather exotic and sexy.
Maybe I should cover myself with the stuff.
Recommended.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape [DVD]
What's Eating Gilbert Grape [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but gold, 6 Mar 2014
Won't go into too much detail here except to say I first saw this years ago and wanted to watch it again. Just as good second time around and my girlfriend loved it too.
DeCaprio's performance is simply breath taking and I'd watch it again just for that.
Bitter-sweet this story will touch every emotion and is one to keep.

ChargerCity Exclusive Apple iphone 5 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S S1 S2 S3 S4 Note HTC ONE X Motorola Moto X Google Nexus 4 360 Multi Angel Adjustment Tripod Adapter & Easy-Adjust Smartphone Holder *Please note that Phone & Tripod is not included with purchase*
Offered by ChargerCity
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your smart phone (or web cam), 6 Mar 2014
Bought this to do stop gap filming and Vine films as well as Instagram. Perfect as it holds your smart phone securely and will fit on any tripod used for a camera or video camera.
I've used it with both an iPhone and a full-size HTC1 and neither caused it any problems.
Holds the phone nice and steady so if you're doing photography in low light or stop-gap video there will be no jitter.
It also holds my web cam very securely so I don't have to have it on my monitor or precariously balancing on something.
For what it is intended it works very well and it also comes in useful for web cam work too.

Cardinal Burns [DVD]
Cardinal Burns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seb Cardinal
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated genius, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cardinal Burns [DVD] (DVD)
I only discovered Cardinal Burns last year. They'd been on about a year or so earlier and I saw a clip on some award program or other. The sketches are both original and very, very funny. The characters are brilliant and believable yet at the same time implausible.
Banksy especially is a work of art.
If you liked The Fast Show, Little Britain and the like you'll love this but it is very different to both of those programmes. I'd say it's more in the Big Train or Armando Ianucci school.
Either way - if you've not seen it buy this. If you did see it buy this and watch it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5