Profile for Janet Stuckey > Reviews

Content by Janet Stuckey

Janet Stuckey "oneillfan" (Gloucestershire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Killing for the Company
Killing for the Company
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 4 Mar 2013
I thought this was a bit slow at first, but once I got more into the story it was good, there is always a twist in the tale with Chris that's why I think his books are so popular. I shall read more of his stories soon. I really liked Strike Back and am looking for more in the same vein.

Storage Cupboard or Sideboard Beech 2 Doors 1 Drawer Selby
Storage Cupboard or Sideboard Beech 2 Doors 1 Drawer Selby

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 17 Feb 2013
Arrived very quickly, next day in fact. It was slightly damaged but as I hadn't had time to take all the packaging off I didn't want to return it. I managed to put it together myself apart from getting the doors to line up, my one failing on flat packs. The cupboard goes nicely with the rest of my dining room furniture and fits better in the space than the old one did.
Moral is to check before the courier goes away.

Trexus Basic Monitor Riser - Oak
Trexus Basic Monitor Riser - Oak

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 17 Feb 2013
Would like to say thank you to the seller of this, although it was a bit delayed they kept me informed about it. Put it together in two minutes and had it in use in five. Very useful for reducing the clutter on my desk and my keyboard fits nicely underneath when not in use.

Code to Zero
Code to Zero
Price: 1.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Code to Zero (Kindle Edition)
Not the most riveting Ken Follett I have read, it is about average for a spook book. Lots of twists but I think the baddie is pretty obvious from the beginning.

Eye of the Needle
Eye of the Needle
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A re-read, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Eye of the Needle (Kindle Edition)
I read this book a very long time ago and decided to give it another go. I wasn't disappointed in it I found it very good. I also found that I didn't remember it all which was good. Another Ken Follett masterpiece.

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey / Fifty Shades Darker / Fifty Shades Freed
Price: 9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Erotic and Sexy, 2 Feb 2013
These books are all of the above, but I like the way they are written, just plain English and nothing to flowery or fancy. EL tells it the way it is for her. If you don't like reading about the way different people enjoy sex then this isn't for you. I did not find it smutty at all and the sex didn't upset or make me feel uncomfortable. I just found the way Ana and Christian finally find that they love each other unconditionally a joy. In fact I have read the trilogy twice, because all the other books I had ordered for my Kindle looked dull in comparison.

Winter of the World (Century Trilogy 2)
Winter of the World (Century Trilogy 2)
Price: 2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this book, I was disappointed in Fall of Giants, the Russian revolution was a bit boring, but this more than makes up for it. It was really interesting to me, being a war baby, and an insight into what went on in England at the time. I hope my dad was one of the dockers that supported the Jews in Stepney as he used to work in the Port of London Authority docks before the war. It was interesting also to see what became of all the families that we met in 'Fall of Giants'.

The Greatcoat (Hammer)
The Greatcoat (Hammer)
Price: 2.84

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 9 Jan 2013
Not a bad read, a bit confusing sometimes between time lines but I did enjoy it. The ending is a bit funny though.

REPAIR restorative hair mask 250 ml
REPAIR restorative hair mask 250 ml
Offered by BJOLI
Price: 31.49

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift, 9 Jan 2013
This was one of the gifts I bought my daughter-in-law for Christmas, she was very pleased with it and has used it before, reckons it will last her for six months or more. Great choice.

Chord PH-50 Phaser Pedal
Chord PH-50 Phaser Pedal
Offered by DJM Music Ltd
Price: 21.10

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chord PH-50 Phaser Pedal
I bought this as a gift for my son he was very pleased with it and I haven't had any complaints about it so I guess it was first class.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9