Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen (Yorkshire, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kylie Sing and Dance (Nintendo Wii)
Kylie Sing and Dance (Nintendo Wii)
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No images of Kylie in this boring game., 27 Feb 2014
There are no images of Kylie dancing, or even someone dressed up, slightly pixelated, in a Kylie-esque way. Just an animated figure doing dance moves that aren't even the ones Kylie does in the videos! Agh! Useless. I wets to at least do 'The Locomotion' in an authentic way!

3 x Universal Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus Pen for ipad 1&2, iPhone 4 4G, ipod, iphone 3 3G, HTC, Tablet pc, Samsung, Mobile Phones, Google Android Tablets, Cheapest Touch Screens Devices Stylus Pen - 1 x Black, 1 x Red & 1 x Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really that good.. Only works sometimes, not all the time., 20 July 2013
I bought these to use on my ipad with a drawing app but as the styluses don't always seem to connect with the screen they aren't really suitable. Also, the ends fell off pretty quickly.

Healing from Neglect: When Those We Love Don't Love Us
Healing from Neglect: When Those We Love Don't Love Us
by Janene Baadsgaard
Price: 8.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Wishy washy, magazine style. Doesn't give practical exercises, very general., 20 July 2013
I am disappointed with this book, the style of which is conversational and anecdotal. There are no citations to references that quote scientific research in this area, or psychological studies. The author is a magazine journalist (which I should have picked up on before purchasing the book), which means that the text is emotive and has a reassuring tone, but doesn't offer much more than very general advice to meditate, move out of the abuser's vicinity, and eat healthily. The book is peppered with upsetting vignettes apparently taken from personal stories of woe that people have confided in the author. It feels like these are simply there to add drama, as little advice is offered to how the person involved in each case could learn to cope with their experiences, or what happened to them next. The references to religion jar with me personally, as an atheist; but I guess this might not annoy others as much as it did me!

alphabet puzzle
alphabet puzzle
Offered by PRECIOUS LONDON
Price: 2.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Spelling error on jigsaw, and font a bit ''70's disco'., 19 July 2012
This review is from: alphabet puzzle (Toy)
The spelling of the word 'umbrella' needed correcting with tipp-ex! And the letters are in a font that is a bit like 1970's bubble writing, which is a bit too funky (and confusing for kids) for my liking.

Postman Pat Figure Tube - Pat, Ted & Jess
Postman Pat Figure Tube - Pat, Ted & Jess

3.0 out of 5 stars These are the smaller size figures, so don't fit in older Pat vehicles, 14 Jan 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
These figures are small and I think they are designed to fit in the more modern 'Special Delivery Service' playsets, and not the older, chunkier style Pat toys. I have had to Blutac Pat and Jess into place in their van! otherwise they would rattle around inside and fall into the footwell. Ha ha. Jess is tiny, about 2cm tall. I'll go on ebay and try and find the older toys, which I like more.

Fireman Sam Training Tower Playset
Fireman Sam Training Tower Playset

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, and disappointing., 14 Jan 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
The Fireman Sam Training Tower is not weighted enough to stop it continually wobbling over during play. The ladders don't attach properly, and the accessories are poor. Sam cannot hold the fire bucket, or hold the stretcher which is meant to be used to rescue the dummy. My two and a half year old boy loves Sam, but he does not like this toy. He asked for it after seeing a TV advert, where it looked much better.

Alfie & The Birthday Surprise
Alfie & The Birthday Surprise
by Shirley Hughes
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful: the cat dies in this story!, 2 Nov 2011
I picked this up in my local library and started reading from it to my 2 year old boy, without looking through it first. Before I knew it, the cat in the story had died, and my boy was saying "No, Mummy, No!" and wouldn't listen any further. Further on in the story, they get a replaceent kitten).
So! Be cautious if you are going to read this to a sensitive child.

Dinosoles Toddler/Junior Dinorama Velociraptor Trainer
Dinosoles Toddler/Junior Dinorama Velociraptor Trainer
Price: 11.50 - 22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sturdy, but soles wear out quickly., 6 Oct 2011
These shoes are great fun, and my son loves making the lights flash when he stamps his feet. But after just a few weeks of wear (about 8 weeks) the soles have holes in where they have worn through: so he won't be able to wear them in wet weather. Boo!

Mega Bloks Yo Gabba Gabba Boombox
Mega Bloks Yo Gabba Gabba Boombox
Offered by Prime Furnishing UK
Price: 28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, fun, and compatible with Duplo (but not big Megabloks), 14 July 2011
I got this toy as my toddler (22 months) enjoys opening and closing things, and pressing buttons. The boombox plays four short jingles, and there is a sound effects button, which my son really likes. The speaker/turtable panels and the central part with the coloured keys all detach, and you can store the blocks inside.

I was disappointed that the blocks do not attach to the Megabloks that we already have, but they do attach to Lego Duplo (weird!). If you are trying to build anything, there aren't really enough blocks here, so it would be better if it came with at least 20 more blocks.

Child & Baby Safety Harness & Walking Reins BLUE [Baby Product]
Child & Baby Safety Harness & Walking Reins BLUE [Baby Product]
Offered by TINASTOYS
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Haven't managed to use this, as can't undo the buckles., 23 Mar 2011
This looks like it would be great, only I haven't been able to depress the buckles enough to open them and try them on my toddler! I worried that even if I did get them open, I might not be able to remove the harness again afterwards.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4