Profile for Carl Willetts > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Full Moon: The Amazing Rock and Roll Life of Keith Moon
Full Moon: The Amazing Rock and Roll Life of Keith Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book about an amazing man., 5 July 2014
Although The Who were never among my greatest bands, I was always impressed and intrigued by Keith Moon. He was a brilliant drummer and someone who knew how to enjoy life. This book was a great insight into his life and the type of character he was. It was written by someone that was there and witnessed the events, not someone who has done their research by looking back at newspaper articles etc. and getting mislead by the press.
Some people may be put off by language etc. that is used but read any book about a rock star and you will encounter that.

David Jason: My Life
David Jason: My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Stuff, 28 Nov 2013
I am usually abit wary of autobiographies and biographies because you can find yourself being bombarded with useless information. This book doesn't fall into that category at all. It was written like no other book I know, it was a joy to read and I couldn't help saying to people all the time 'did you know ....?'
As others have mentioned it covers every emotion and you get to hear the person that has been hidden behind the character of Del Boy for all these years.

Live - Return Of The Champions
Live - Return Of The Champions
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars They Will Rock You, 1 Sep 2012
Queen have always been the best group to entertain when Freddie was at the front. Paul Rodgers helps to keep that legacy alive although nobody could live up to the man that held the microphone before.
There are songs that help you reflect on times gone by and there are the good old songs that make you clap your hands and sing along.

A Prisoner of Birth
A Prisoner of Birth

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Stuff, 30 Nov 2011
This was one very cleverly written book. The book concentrates on the main character, Danny Cartwright but it is several stories, rolled into one.
It is a very hard book to put down, I would find myself thinking 'one more chapter', when I should of been asleep ages ago.
Unlike alot of books where you can roughly guess the outline of the story, in this book you cant guess the next chapter.

The Grand Design: New Answers to the Ultimate Questions of Life
The Grand Design: New Answers to the Ultimate Questions of Life
by Stephen Hawking

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Mar 2011
After having read all other Stephen Hawking books I was looking forward to reading this. Unlike the other books, Brief History of Time, Universe In A Nutshell, I wasnt learning anything new. Despite the books views on religion and philosophy, I found that the book spent most of its time, asking questions and not supplying answers, which is philosophy.

A Prison Diary: Volume 1 - Hell
A Prison Diary: Volume 1 - Hell
by Jeffrey Archer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight, 1 Sep 2009
This was the first story I read that talked about the human aspects of prison. The only contact I have had with prison in the past was from what films and programs showed. I couldnt put the book down, I found the book interesting and shocking.

Eric Clapton: The Autobiography
Eric Clapton: The Autobiography
by Eric Clapton

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Stuff, 1 Feb 2009
We dont always hear what someone had to go through to make them the person they are today. I was amazed as I was reading the book, I found it very interesting learning about how the different songs come about. Now I can hear lines in songs that I never knew existed.
It is a must for all Clapton fans but I could understand that someone who doesnt have much interest in his music, wont find the book as interesting.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare  (PS3)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Dec 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ive never really played any games online before but I thought that I would give this one a go and I found I was almost addicted to it. If the playstation ever goes on then I have to play this game online for at least 5mins.

When Eight Bells Toll
When Eight Bells Toll
by Alistar Maclean

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: When Eight Bells Toll (Paperback)
One of the best books I have read. After reading this book I went on to read all Alistair Maclean books.
The book had a great setting and he told the story really well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 10:25 AM GMT

HMS Ulysses
HMS Ulysses
by Alistair MacLean

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 19 July 2008
This review is from: HMS Ulysses (Paperback)
When I first got the book I was unsure whether I would enjoy it. Once I got started I didnt want to put it down.
He describes the story soo well. I could picture each situation really well and it had me on the edge of my seat when I was reading it.
I actually felt if I was there and I could feel every emotion the characters where going through.

Page: 1 | 2