Profile for chinesoul > Reviews

chinesoul

Page: 1 | 2
Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Swing 'n Rocker
Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Swing 'n Rocker

3.0 out of 5 stars bar on top of chair can hit baby's head when taking him/her out, 16 Aug 2014
It's a good product, and it's a bit pricy, so I will say it's a OK product. Does soothe baby sometimes but there is no miracle after a few days.

However, I want to point out one dangerous/annoy design fault. The top of the chair is a metallic tube under cyan cloth. Parents should be careful taking baby out of the chair, especially in the sway, because the bar can hit baby's head. It's painful, says my son.
It will be much better using a padding material rather than a piece of thin cloth, or use plastic rather than metal on the bar.

CTEK MXS 3.6 3.8A 12V Multi-Functional 4-Stage Car Battery Charger
CTEK MXS 3.6 3.8A 12V Multi-Functional 4-Stage Car Battery Charger

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not work at all., 13 Mar 2014
I had a flat battery yesterday. Followed the manual, connected the charger, LED showed red, seems working. But after 20 hours' charging, there is no sign of a health battery. The LED indicator is still in the status when I start charging. I managed to jump start the car with help of a breakdown company. Ran the car for 20 mins, now everything seems back to normal.

So I doubt my charger works at all. There is no way to know if it's working properly. The charging LED was on, and always on, never switch to next stage. Maybe I miss something. I will give it another go and update this review if needed.

Roughneck 64494 Mini Utility Bar 7-inch
Roughneck 64494 Mini Utility Bar 7-inch
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing tool, don't be fooled by its size, 25 Feb 2014
I bought it at the week I was doing some gardening work. But I didn't know what to do with it when I ordered it. It was so cheap, so anything helpful will pay for it. However, surprisingly it helped me finished the most difficult job, to pull our fence panel back to the slots in the fence post. All families said I need another man to help me do this.

It is amazingly handy. It is small, but on the right work, it will make a huge difference. Best purchase in 2014 so far!

Mr Beams MB360 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell - Weatherproof - Battery Operated - 140 Lumens, Dark Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good., 29 Jan 2014
This is the 2nd unit I have. The last one is good with manual and screws in the box. However, this one come with neither. I tested the light, which is fine. I don't bother to return it but will not buy any more

Puma Motorsport Counter Unisex Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Plastic or PU Strap PU102461001

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, till strap broke after 2 months' use, 8 Jan 2014
The watch looks nice and elegant, especially at the price I paid.
But the strap broke from the bottom of my wrist for no obvious reason after only 2 months use. It seems the rubber used on the strap is rigid and tends to break at temperature changes. I am disappointed.

Maja 40245531 Computer Desk 800 x 750 x 500 mm Beech Finish
Maja 40245531 Computer Desk 800 x 750 x 500 mm Beech Finish

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived damaged, poor quality., 20 Nov 2013
I rarely give one star, but this is such a case.

The package is very thin and simple, protection is only at two sides. There is nothing between the large surface of the boards and the box. I was so regretful that I didn't check thoroughly before assemble. During assembling I notice there are some damages at corners of some boards. In the hope of these will be hidden after assembling, I didn't stop. Another regret.

Only at finish, I see three out of four corners in the front are damaged. The result looks worse than a mint condition second hand desk.

Fair, maybe it is the delivery. But checking the quality of the board, I find the surface are very soft. The paint comes off when I screw bolts in the holes. It is not even stable. Trust me, I have assembled a few desks quite recently, and this is the worst one. Shacking the top of the desk make you feel that it will break from the joints of the base. The drawer is too narrow that it wobbles a lot when you push it in.

I don't know how the other reviews didn't see this. But this is the first item (out of more than a hundred ) make me regret the purchase from Amazon.

Cheetah Mounts APTMMB Wall Mount Bracket with Universal Tilt for 32-65" Flat ...
Offered by SPN Imports and Services LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality OK, customer service is superb, but it is really LOW-PROFILE, 18 Nov 2013
The slim profile idea is good, and quite well fulfilled. But this make the work difficult if you need to tilt a large TV to the maximum. The bottom edge of the wall mount is very shallow. With large tilt, you will not be able to fix the screw from the bottom. Even with no tilt, there is not much space to insert the screwdriver. I have my 50" plasma tilted on the mount, there is little space left from the bottom. The only option to tighten the screws is to loose the lock mechanism to the tilt, and then use a very long screwdriver to do the tricky job from underneath. IMO, if the manufacturer makes the bottom edge of the wall mount 10 mm deeper, it will be much easier to finish the job.

However, If your TV is small, or the mounting position on the TV is low, or maybe there is extra space at the lower back of your TV, you may not need to experience this drawback.

When everything is done and tightened, it looks good.
-----------------------------------------------------
Edit:
The customer service contacted me quickly after the review and offered me a replacement that solves the problem completely. There is a minor problem with the delivery from the U.S., but seller solved all problems and offered me a small refund. I feel a bit indebted to the seller in the end.

The overall experience of this purchase is very good. The customer service is superb; however, you still have to note the APTMMB mount is low profile before you order.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 6:49 PM GMT

Backcare divan bed Double (4'6) 4 drawers, mattress and headboard
Backcare divan bed Double (4'6) 4 drawers, mattress and headboard
Offered by BED CENTRE

4.0 out of 5 stars Headboard in picture not available, otherwise very good bed., 2 Nov 2013
The bed itself is good. The mattress is sufficiently firm to give good support to my bank. The frame is OK, made with cheap material, but looks nice in our room. But the bed is not exactly like that is shown in the pictures. Seller told us the headboard in the pictures is not available after order was placed. We are disappointed, but ultimately agree with the seller to have the difference refunded and order a headboard somewhere else. The glides they send us are not like the picture either, but the seller has sent us the correct ones after communications.

I would say, the bed is very good at this price, especially the mattress. The seller is very helpful in making thing right if anything wrong. Could be better if everything goes right in the first place.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5S 5 4S, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro, HTC One, PS Vita, Gopro, External Batteries and more [White]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, disappointed in the beginning and happy in the end., 30 Sep 2013
The charger looks nice. In fact it looks too nice that one (the one with micro usb cable) of the two chargers I bought was stolen from my car the night before yesterday. So I haven't really got a chance to test it.

I did manage to use the other one (two USB for Iphone and Android)yesterday. It was a bit disappointed. I thought the current (2.4A + 2A with max 3.6A) should be sufficient to charge my Nexus 4 and my wife's Iphone 5 at the same time; however when two phones are charged together, my Android run out of battery quite quickly when used as a GPS navigator.
I also try the other way, using the iphone 5 as the navigator, this time even without charging the Android phone, but still, the current is not sufficient to power the GPS, and the iphone's battery kept draining.

With such high expectation from other reviews, I have to say, I am disappointing at this nice-looking charger.
Maybe the one with micro-USB cable is better, but I never have the chance to see, wish the thief can let me know.

# Edited: I received a replacement from Anker and this one works really well. Charged my Nexus 4 rapidly with google navigation off and managed to charge slowly with GPS and navigation on. I have to say Anker's customer service is very helpful. Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 9:38 AM BST

Frostfire Large 2 Person Instant Popup Tent
Frostfire Large 2 Person Instant Popup Tent
Offered by Innovationstore

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy but water-friendly, 12 Aug 2013
Very easy to setup and packing. The size of the bag is slightly big, but not a big deal.
Main issue is it's just not enough to keep you dry overnight in a raining night. I slept the last quarter of a night in water. It's not nice experience.
So yes, I agree with some other comments. A double-skinned tent is better.

Page: 1 | 2