Profile for Patricia Bridge > Reviews

A Blanc Christmas
A Blanc Christmas
by Raymond Blanc

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Blanc Christmas (Hardcover)
What can I say, in my eyes Raymond Blanc can do no wrong!! Lovely book, looking forward to Christmas. (although will still be keeping my well thumbed Delia on the side.
Condition excellent, obviously not had much use. Not bought second hand before, but will certainly do so again.

Invicta Women's Quartz Watch with Mother of Pearl Dial Analogue Display and Rose Gold Stainless Steel Rose Gold Plated Bracelet 12624
Offered by All Glitters!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars big but rather beautiful!!!, 9 Mar 2014
Delivery excellent. Presentation box 4 star.
I knew this was a BIG watch after reading previous reviews BUT because it was exactly what I had been looking for (for quite a while) I thought that I would give it a try.
Yes it was a slight shock when I saw the size, and felt the weight. When I first tried it on I realised that we would have to take out at least 4 links. I could actually put the watch on without undoing the strap and I do not have particularly small wrists. BUT when I did hold it in place correctly it did look rather "fetching".
The chap at the jewellers was a little worried about taking out so many links because it was half the strap according to him. He did the job and altered the fitting on the clasp (did not know about that), and only charged a fiver (which I thought was OK considering the length of time he was working on the watch strap.
Now I wear it almost every day and keep looking at it because it really does look very good. I am trying to keep up with the new fashions, and am so glad that I persevered. (well past 50 years of age!!)