Profile for H M Watkins > Reviews

Content by H M Watkins

H M Watkins (Dorset United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Energizer ENEL8 Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Nikon EN-EL8 Battery
Energizer ENEL8 Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Nikon EN-EL8 Battery
Offered by The One Stop Sat Shop
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery, it works, 9 April 2013
Really there's nothing you can say about a battery is there? It works perfectly in our Nikon camera, no problems!

Wallander Collected Films 21-26[DVD]
Wallander Collected Films 21-26[DVD]
Dvd ~ Krister Henrikkson
Offered by UKPaperbackshop
Price: 25.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe this is the last set!, 9 April 2013
We've been hooked on Wallander since the first episode, much better in the original Swedish with subtitles than the English version. Kurt is gradually mellowing and becoming more loveable, can't believe this is the last set!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2013 4:58 PM BST

Croydex Euro Soap Dispenser Trio Chrome
Croydex Euro Soap Dispenser Trio Chrome
Price: 20.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, 9 April 2013
When I unpacked this I admit I was initially disappointed. I thought it looked rather plasticky and not very robust. But I decided to go ahead and put it up in our shower anyway. I don't like things stuck up with glue, I had visions of this crashing down in the night and emptying its contents all over the floor, so I took the time to drill the backplate properly onto the tiles. This was well worth the extra effort as it is absolutely solid. Read the instructions inside the lid to prime the units, they each take approx 500ml. It works really well, I'm very impressed, and it looks a lot better once filled and on the wall than it does in the packaging! I use about 5 or 6 presses for each liquid which is still less than I used to use, it seems to be lasting for ever!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy and works well over 3 floors, 29 Dec 2012
Bought a couple of these for older desktop PCs we have to connect to our home network. Setup was dead easy, just make sure you follow the enclosed instructions. Found our network straightaway and connected within seconds. We have tried the tiny USB adaptors but kept losing the connection, we're over 3 floors and in an older house with thicker walls. This has been brilliant, first time we've had a really good signal at the top of the house, well worth the extra.

10x Compatible Inks for Stylus D78, D92, D120, DX4000, DX4050, DX4400, DX4450, DX5000, DX5050, DX6000, D6050, DX7000F, DX7400, DX7450, DX8400, DX8450, DX9400F Printer Ink Cartridges - 2 Full Sets + 2 Extra Black Ink Cartridges Latest Chip Version, Double Capacity Inks, 100% Guaranteed

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as well as originals at fraction of the cost, 17 Nov 2012
Have tried compatible cartridges before which messed up the printer and were of dubious printing quality. These however are at least as good as the originals at a bargain price, plus of course they last much longer. I always test cartridges and printers with my own test page which is lots of brightly coloured squares to test all the colours. I can't see any difference between the quality of these and the original Epson ones, even when the print pages are side by side.

10 Epson Compatible Printer Ink for Epson Stylus SX230, SX235W, SX420W, SX425W, SX435W, SX440, SX445W, SX525WD, SX535WD, SX620FW and Epson Stylus Office B42WD, BX305F, BX305FW, BX305FW Plus, BX320FW, BX525WD, BX535WD, BX625FWD, BX635FWD, BX925FWD, BX935FWD, Printers, 4x T1291, 2x T1292, 2x T1293, 2x T1294 These Cartridges Holds 4x More Ink Than Other Compatibles High Capacity Ink Cartridges
Offered by First Call Inks
Price: 13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Work perfectly, 17 Nov 2012
These arrived quickly and were put to work straight away. I've tested them against the originals and frankly I can't see any difference in print quality, plus of course they last a lot longer and are a fraction of the cost!

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Conical Sieve, 17.5cm
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Conical Sieve, 17.5cm
Price: 17.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for draining rice, 2 Sep 2012
I've had one of these for years and bought one recently foor my daughter when she moved into a flat. They are perfect for draining rice (collander holes are too big, sieves are too weak and sag). Rigid stainless steel it won't bend easily so lasts for years and years. Mine fits and balances easily in the 1/2 bit of the sink so I've still got two hands for the kettle of boiling water to wash the rice. Perfect!

Zyliss Corn on the Cob Holders
Zyliss Corn on the Cob Holders
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 2 Sep 2012
We've had some old fashioned wooden corn skewers for years which I wanted to replace. Looked around locally but could only find cheap and nasty little ones or these which looked great, but were expensive. Found them on Amazon for less than half the price. I love the fact that the pairs fit together so that you don't skewer yourself whilst rummaging in the drawer to find them, they are very sharp otherwise! I'd prefer the handles to be rubberised for a better grip (they are hard plastic) but they really are good!

Mastrad F47007 Ice Cream Scoop, Pink
Mastrad F47007 Ice Cream Scoop, Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars OK does the job, 2 Sep 2012
Bought this to replace an old metal style one which had started to disintegrate inside. This will hopefully last a lot longer as it cleans very easily and won't rust. Doesn't come out with perfect scoops of ice-cream, all a little ragged around the edge, but it's easy to drop them into a bowl because you just push on the soft scoop back.

BaByliss 2856CU Pro 200 Nano Straightener Green
BaByliss 2856CU Pro 200 Nano Straightener Green
Offered by Premium Bargains House
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for short hair and fringes, 2 Sep 2012
If you buy a table for 4 you wouldn't expect to be able to complain because it doesn't seat 8 people. Likewise if you buy mini straighteners you can't complain that they don't straighten your long thick hair. If you need full size straighteners then don't buy these! I measured out the size of the hot plate on these and realised it's about the size of my forefinger, not very big. I have short hair and just a long fringe which I like to straighten. I found usual straighteners too bulky and couldn't get close enough to the roots to make it worthwhile doing, but these are ideal! They heat up very quickly and are very easy to use. I agree with one reviewer who said that there was a small gap between the plates when they are closed and I think that's just a fault of mass production, but I just press a little more firmly. The only slight criticism I have is that there is no padding of any kind on the outside of the plates so they get very very hot, and it's easy to burn your skin if you're not careful to hold the hair away from your forehead. All in all though a great little solution!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7