Profile for Richard Creagh > Reviews

Content by Richard Creagh

Richard Creagh

Page: 1 | 2
Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit,17" Notebook and General Gear - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical superb quality from LowePro, 29 May 2014
I bought this recently to replace my Fastpack 250 which I had for the bones of two years and was starting to get a bit cramped. I got this to have a bit more room for extras and I've had no problem getting them in this bag.

I can comfortably fit a Canon SLR, 6 lenses, filters, audio recorder, gorrilapod, batteries, cards, cloths etc. in this bag and there's room left over. I don't own a laptop but it would easily fit in the back with room left over for the cables in the upper storage space. The front flap is good to strap a tripod or bigger lens (in its case) to the bag.

The bag is quite comfortable, with sternum and waist belts and plenty of padding. The build quality is excellent and while it's not waterproof it keeps out a shower very well.

Great price and quick, free delivery from Amazon too.

Hoya 77mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 77mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Mar 2013
Good price and no noticeable difference when this is on. Much easier to replace one of these than a scratched lens.

Hoya 58mm UV Filter
Hoya 58mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hoya 58mm UV Filter (Accessory)
Good price, does what I want it to do. No noticeable difference when this is on and replacing a filter is much easier than replacing a lens.

Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM Lens
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 17 Mar 2013
I bought this for wildlife photography and use it on a Canon 7D, which extends the zoom to 640mm or so. The 100-400mm is in around the same price but as I reckon I'll never be very close to any wildlife subjects I don't mind not having the ability to zoom out. And the image quality from the prime lens is so much better. Seems sharp at most settings and the autofocus is good too. Heavy enough but nothing's perfect. This is an exceptional lens.

A Creature I Don't Know
A Creature I Don't Know
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Creature I Don't Know (Audio CD)
This is a little darker than Laura Marling's other albums but still great. In it I hear traces of Leonard Cohen and Bert Jansch to name a few. I prefer her previous album to this one and I think it's too different to Alas I Cannot Swim to compare them. Nonetheless it's a good album.

I Speak Because I Can
I Speak Because I Can

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Speak Because I Can (Audio CD)
This is my favorite of Laura Marling's albums. There's not a bad song on the whole CD and for such a young artist she displays and incredible maturity and talent that a lot of musicians only reach through experience later in life. An absolute joy.

Alas I Cannot Swim
Alas I Cannot Swim

4.0 out of 5 stars A great debut, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Alas I Cannot Swim (Audio CD)
Though not as good as her second album (in my opinion) this is still a great debut from a very talented young artist. Well worth getting if you're into folk/songwriter music.

Canon WP-DC42 Waterproof Case for PowerShot SX220 HS and 230 HS
Canon WP-DC42 Waterproof Case for PowerShot SX220 HS and 230 HS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well built, 27 Jan 2013
This is a very sturdy case. I have little fear of water getting in when I'm snorkelling. It's a bit hard to figure out what button does what but to be honest I haven't used it as much as I thought I would (plankton bloom started the week I got it) so a little more use should familiarise things. It's an expensive piece of kit considering it's specific to one camera. But that's just the way with underwater housings I think so I can't complain too much. It's a big investment for a fairly specific product but if you're into snorkeling/diving and you want to take photos then this isn't likely to let you down.

Hahnel Triad 200 Professional Carbon Fibre 4-Section Tripod with 3 Way Fluid-Damped Pan Head and Free Carrying Case

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 27 Jan 2013
I got this about a month ago and have used it regularly enough since. So far I am quite pleased with it. The head has a great smooth pan and tilt and the build is sturdy. The hook at the end of the centre column is very handy for adding a bit of weight. My one small problem with it is the fact that one of the handles has to be removed for storing in the case (which comes free) and as it's lubricated with grease this can be slightly messy. This is only a small gripe however and for the price this is a very very good bit of kit.

In the Heart of the Sea: The Epic True Story that Inspired 'Moby Dick'
In the Heart of the Sea: The Epic True Story that Inspired 'Moby Dick'
by Nathaniel Philbrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 20 Dec 2012
This is an excellent book. Though it starts a little slowly, with plenty of historical background, it soon picks up and is gripping right to the end. I finished it in a few short sittings. Highly recommended for anybody interested in whales, whaling and sea survival.

Page: 1 | 2