Profile for J. Neave > Reviews

Content by J. Neave

J. Neave

NETGEAR DGND3700-100UKS N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections
Offered by Direct savings

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bit of Kit, Stable as a Brick, 13 Nov. 2013
Using with Be Broadband, the only thing I had to do was to manually set it to use ADSL rather than the cable modem port and it detected the network settings and worked. I had a few issues configuring the modem in IE11, I'd apply settings but they wouldn't actually be saved. Switched to Chrome and it worked a treat.

Wireless speed is stunning, it's dual band so uses 2.6 and 5GHz bands simultaneously, and the sync speed to the exchange is higher than with my trusty old Netgear DG834GT too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Setup and Very Sturdy, 3 Jun. 2013
TLDR; A brilliant bit of kit for the money.

I've wanted a trailer for my bike for a long time but they'd proven expensive in the past, this one was a brilliant price so figured it worth a punt. It would give me one less excuse to drive in as "too big for the bike" would be a lot rarer.

In expectation of delivery I cycled to work so I could tow it home, this was almost thwarted as the trailers wheel arrived deflated. Thankfully that is my only bad thing to say about it! Building it was a breeze, no tools other than fingers and a pump required. I was concerned about replacing the quick release axle on my bike but that was a two minute job in the end; just unscrew the one on your bike, pull it through the hub and put the new one in. Job done!

As per one of the previous reviews, the wheel on the trailer can be a bit wobbly but tighten it up well and that soon goes away. Not seen in the description is a red safety flag that you attach to the back of the trailer, this gives drivers fewer excuses to not see it.

With regards to performance under load; One the way home from work I figured I'd take some UPS batteries, three of them, to the recycling centre. These are heavy sealed lead acid batteries and though it took a little getting used to the weight, it was really easy to ride with them dragging behind. It was a bit tricky hitching the trailer with that much weight on it but it was my first attempt, it was a lot easier than I was making it...

Overall, very impressed and I've already recommended these to my friends.

Programming Microsoft® Robotics Studio (PRO-Developer)
Programming Microsoft® Robotics Studio (PRO-Developer)
by Sara Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than I Imagined, 3 Feb. 2009
I had heard of Robotics Studio and thought it was a nice idea though never really looked into it any further. After reading this book however I was astonished at what was it capable of doing. Bluetooth control, custom hardware interfaces and even computer vision. All covered!

There are a number of kits this will work with out of the box Mindstorms being cheif amongst these though if you have your own hardware you can write your own interfaces quite easily to take advantage of the capabilities of MSRS.

Highly recommended :)