Profile for ruudicom > Reviews

Peter Kay - Live At The Bolton Albert Halls [DVD] [2003]
Peter Kay - Live At The Bolton Albert Halls [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy one thing off Amazon today...make it this!, 3 Aug. 2005
TIP: Watch Peter Kay Live At The Top Of The Tower before you watch this
I brought his 1st DVD about a month ago having caught a glimpse of the end when it was on Channel 4 and was not disappointed, I was rewarded with a truely fantastic comedy performance, which I found myself watching over and over.
My girlfriend twisted my arm into buying his second (slightly more expensive DVD) and I was blown away. After a slightly slow start his comedy takes off, once more recounting childhood memories and making fun of actions and sayings we all use in everyday life. The expression he puts behind each persona he acts out truely makes it though, you find yourself ignoring that it is 'Peter Kay' on stage, and feeling that you really are watching 'Mrs.Kay' 'Dougie' 'Nana' et al. in a compelling and side-splitting comedy.
In all honesty I can't think of an occasion where I have better spent my hard earned money!

Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)
Offered by Click For Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to be honest, 2 Aug. 2005
This controller is perfect - cheap immitations are incomparable! I've had my PS2 for almost 3 years and play games such as GTA:SA (which uses predominantly the four 'action' buttons) and TimeSplitters:FP (where the shoulder buttons and D-Pad take heavy duty) and I have suffered none of the ill effects that other reviewers describe, this doesn't mean to say that they are all wrong, but I thought I had better share my good experience. The analog sticks take the most duty, the mistake that Nintendo had with their otherwise superb N64 controller was that these were very fragile, Sony's conversely are very sturdy and very simple to use. The shoulder buttons take most criticism, and I often hear people say that they come out, in three years this hasn't happened to me. I store my controller pads face up in a safe place, and never vent my frustration on my pads, and this formula has helped to keep my pads in immaculate condition.

Peter Kay: Live at the Top of the Tower [DVD]
Peter Kay: Live at the Top of the Tower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly more Pepsi than Roller Cola!, 14 July 2005
Peter Kay blew me away with this superb stand up performance! The format is this, Peter Kay builds up a series of stories from his past in a sidesplittingly funny manner. The way it works is remarkably simple..Peter allows you to relive funny (or often embarrasing) episodes of your life and alot of the comedy comes from reflection on your own experience, however the way he tells his stories, and the extreme but believable events that he describes had me at times having to pause the DVD to gather my breath. Anybody will find this funny..most will be crippled with laughter. I strongly reccomend this to you!