Profile for J. Fenner > Reviews

Content by J. Fenner

J. Fenner (Dorset, UK)

Lens Coffee Cup/Camera Lens Mug(Creative cup design is simulation to Nikon 24-70mm lens / 1:1 Model Coffee Mug / STAINLESS STEEL INSIDE)
Offered by Irwin Claus
Price: 15.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 20 Jan 2014
A fun gimmicky present but doesn't really work - my coffee is just about lukewarm after about 30 minutes; buy it for a joke if you like but don't expect it to work!

K-Edge GoPro Above Handlebar Mount -
K-Edge GoPro Above Handlebar Mount -
Offered by Service Champions
Price: 23.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously made product but ..., 20 Jan 2014
... it's far too big for my pretty ordinary hybrid bike, a Giant - I'd have needed to wrap so much rubber tape or some other material around the handlebar to make this fit - shame because it's a tough metal construction which would undoubtedly last better than the plastic GoPro version ... in a quandary about what to do ...

Akasa AK-ICR-14 USB 3.0 Internal Card Reader
Akasa AK-ICR-14 USB 3.0 Internal Card Reader
Offered by AVIDES
Price: 24.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 May 2012
When it works, it's fabulously fast, though occassionally hangs, and needs a PC reboot to get things going again. BUT there's something about the pins on this device that seem very to bend - never ever had this issue with any other card readers but I am now on my second of these and about to return it. I'm a pro photographer, so I'm downloading a lot of images very often, and have never had bent pin issues before.

I need something reliable, especially at this time of the year, with so many weddings and nursery shoots taking placer, and am in a bit of quandry as to what to try next.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2012 11:27 AM BST

LaCie Big Disk 1TB Desktop Hard drive, 7200rpm, 8M cache, Hi Speed USB2, Design by Neil Poulton

5.0 out of 5 stars Share my thoughts too, 20 Mar 2009
I've been using this product pretty much all day every day since I bought it in October 2007, and I hope I am not tempting fate by saying it has been flawless through that time! Quiet, cool, fast, efficient - the only problem is I keep filling it up!

UPDATE 2nd April 2009 - well tempting fate! Hmmmm! Just a week after writing this review, the drive started to misbehave, powering up up but taking it's time, and making too much noise as it did so. Then one morning it didn't power up at all, nowt, nada, nothing! Spent the next two hours switching off, switching on, both the drive on it's own, and the PC. And it just sat there, flashing it's blue light at me. Tried using a different power supply (from an old Lacie, the only drive that's ever failed on me yet)tried pluggin it into my laptop ..... I was feeling so sick, as most things were backed up (note the most!) but apart from the sheer interruption to my wprk. Eventually though, he grinding whir became a smoth whir and the light stopped flashing, and the the drive was recgognised by my PC. The next hour was spent researching a new drive, and I chose a 2GB MyBook Mirror - got three other WD drives, and they've been ...... (no not going to say it and tempt fate again!). Without powering the PC or drive down, got the Mybook Mirror, installed it got it running, and set the backup in motion. This device is RAID 1 configured, and so generates a copy of all the data on the second drive i within the unit.

So a bit of scare, but it got me to do something I'd been meaning to do for ages, but will I buy another Lacie drive - I've had one fail, and this one is threatening too, so probably not.

Seems I can't edit the 5 star rating though!

UPDATE 13th May 2009 Following some communication with Lacie, I've now got a new power supply - result - happiness, everything is now up and running again very satisfactorily!

Wireless Flash
Wireless Flash

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money - buy some batteries and practise instead!, 27 Sep 2007
This review is from: Wireless Flash (DVD)
Like the other reviewer, totally disappointed with this product - tells you much less than you can learn from the user manual - there is no substance to the demonstrations whatsoever.

I'd expected to find out about metering, compensation, the various flash settings available, tips about keeping the sightlines open - there's nothing except lots of guff about good the system is - sounded just like an ad!

Save your money, buy some batteries and get out there and practise!